Media Topuria Says Volk will be his "Punching Bag", Confirms UFC Spain in 2024, Says NONE of UFC FW Division Deserves A Title Shot If He Wins the Belt

Topuria's ego is getting out of control lol, I'm a fan but I hope Volk humbles him a bit.

Topuria Goes on MMA Hour with Ariel Says:
-He Has Overwhelming Confidence that he'll run through Volk "easily" and he will be his "punching bag"
-The rest of the FW division doesn't deserve a title shot after he wins including Max Even If he Beats Gaethje
-Confirms UFC Spain in 2024

Only wants Mcgregor Next

Fedor is a perfect example in being tough minded because of his mind set which comes within. You always see that peace in themselves during battle, its a controlled flow that reacts only when necessary instead of over reacting. Ego cracks like an egg shell once put under that test...we seen it with Conor and Tito...but there have been others..they cringe and look like they have no self control during their moments of weakness and that is not a strong mind set imo. I think Volk can beat this guy mentally easily if it goes long.

I really don’t want this schmuck to beat Volk because Alex is a cool dude and this trog thinks all you need to do to appeal to fans is be the biggest prick in the room. Obviously that’s incorrect as you first need to find an audience then cater your witty repartees to their liking. Just spewing Vitriol isn’t all that effective. I do like the idea of him fighting Conor though just hopefully McGregor knocks him the fuck out as that would be quite embarassing for the Spaniard.

Last edited:
Most people are rooting for Topura to get humbled it seems. He's kinda un-likeable rn imo

Perhaps.

I think Volk still gets it though. He will be forgiven. remember he saved that main event on 2 weeks notice. The UFC will cushion him should he fall.
I think you are right but that move is all wrong. If Volk were to lose rushing another immediate rematch kills Volk completely. The smarter move is to give him a favorable match up in Spain and give Volk one as well. Even make it on the same card. Maybe Ilia vs Yair and Volk vs Ortega. Not sure if Mexicans move the needle in Spain?

I think you are right but that move is all wrong. If Volk were to lose rushing another immediate rematch kills Volk completely. The smarter move is to give him a favorable match up in Spain and give Volk one as well. Even make it on the same card. Maybe Ilia vs Yair and Volk vs Ortega. Not sure if Mexicans move the needle in Spain?
I like this idea, however i'd say maybe give Volk vs Movsar instead and give Max vs Topuria. That'd be one hell of a main card for the first UFC spain.

I think you are right but that move all wrong. If Volk were to lose rushing another immediate rematch kills Volk completely. The smarter move is to give him a favorable match up in Spain and give Volk one as well. Even make it on the same card. Maybe Ilia vs Yair and Volk vs Ortega. Not sure if Mexicans move the needle in Spain?
That'd be nice, but in ultimate rematch championship I've come to accept the fact that absolutely anyone can get a rematch at anytime with any amount of title defenses, top wins, or current win streak with loss.

But I'd love to see it, truly I would. I'd rather Illa vs Max, Volk vs Evloev though.

Maybe Someone close to Volk tells him to sit out for a bit and he'll listen? I doubt it, because I'm sure he's been told not to take this fight too soon and look what he's doing.

Better start lifting weights if he wants the McG fight.

Not of he dominates. To be frank, if Volks coming off back to back knockout losses, he definitely shouldn't get an immediate rematch. Volk might be done here, could also tool Topuria, who knows.
The UFC will not hold the islam loss against him on 2 weeks notice.

before this turns into an is vs ought to be discussion, what you're saying should happen is what should happen, but i know that it won't happen, So im not entertaining the Idea that you're suggesting would ever happen (because it won't) But within your merits you are correct, Volk should not get a title shot off of back to back ko losses. I am just saying that he absolutely would get an immediate rematch with 2 back to back losses. I agree that he shouldn't but I know that he will. Not going to fool myself for a second about that.

Back