Media Dustin Poirier says he would put money on Max Holloway to beat Justin Gaethje

Do you agree?

• Total voters
Actually read what he says. He'd put money on Max, given that he is the betting underdog. This would be the opinion of any rational person if they thought a fight was 50/50 and that's what this fight is to me.

Will Max outclassing Justin in the boxing be enough for him to win a decision? I don't see him getting a finish. Also interested to see how big of a factor Justin's leg kicks and takedowns are.
Justin hasn't shot a TD on purpose since he has come to the UFC or even his last several fights in PFL as far as I can remember.

He knows he can strike at a HARD pace with the best of them. He also knows that wrestling is tiring and he has not been training his body for it for YEARS.

Justin is gonna punch flesh and kicks legs.

God bless Max if he can get Justin concussied enough to shoot a desperation panic wrasslin td attempt but I don't think Max has the firepower. I think Max can rock Justin but he is going to have to walk thru hell for even the opportunity to find out.

Justin hasn't shot a TD on purpose since he has come to the UFC or even his last several fights in PFL as far as I can remember.
d out.
I believe Gaethje shot a takedown in the first vs Fiziev (that set up a big Right overhand). It was defended and the commentators can definitely be wrong, but DC & Bisping (like myself) felt like it wasn’t just a level change, but a legit takedown attempt.

max joins doostin for cte holidays

Btw for real, these guys are all going to get suspended with the gambling thing lol

That's because you always underestimate Justin Gaethje. This is a terrible match up for Max. What am I missing here? Max would have to pop shot Justin from the outside to win this clean and I don't see Max being able to fight 5 rounds on the back foot. He doesn't have it in him, too much aloha in his spirit.

Was I underestimating him when I picked DP the first time and JG he got finished? What is with this thread? Why is everyone acting like do hadn't already finished gaethje? Props on the rematch and all but he got finished too broski.

Last edited:

He knows he can strike at a HARD pace with the best of them. He also knows that wrestling is tiring and he has not been training his body for it for YEARS.

Justin is gonna punch flesh and kicks legs.

God bless Max if he can get Justin concussied enough to shoot a desperation panic wrasslin td attempt but I don't think Max has the firepower. I think Max can rock Justin but he is going to have to walk thru hell for even the opportunity to find out.
I see your point, but how many head kicks had he thrown prior to stopping DP? Max is one of the only other elite boxers that Justin will fight that reduces his puncher's chance enough that he may have to find other ways to win. You could still end up being 100% right though. Like I said, I'm excited to see how it ends up playing out.

I'm actually amazed how many people think Justin is just going to run through Max.

I'm kinda surprised so many think Max has any chance to make it 5 rounds

against Justin at this point in life. Max, IMHO, suffers his worst beating ever.

Dustin should probably keep his betting money safe in his pocket.​

Was I underestimating him when I picked do the first time and he got finished? What is with this thread? Why is everyone acting like do hadn't already finished gaethje? Props on the rematch and all get got finished too broski.
Idk? I have no idea who you are.

That would be good for him. He beat Max 2-0. And just got KOd by Gaethje. Max beating Gathje makes him look better in all this.

Reactions: mkt
These are the same people that swore Justin would destroy Khabib, because reasons :rolleyes:<Lmaoo>
I never thought that and prime Khabib and current Max are night and day different for real, actual.....reasons.

I see your point, but how many head kicks had he thrown prior to stopping DP? Max is one of the only other elite boxers that Justin will fight that reduces his puncher's chance enough that he may have to find other ways to win. You could still end up being 100% right though. Like I said, I'm excited to see how it ends up playing out.
I agree with you that IF Gaethje were to mix in a TD or two here and there it would be a useful tool, even for nothing more than to give his opponents one more thing to worry about and potentially to have the level change as a decoy...

But I would be SHOCKED if he did so.

Justin is an accomplished division 1 collegiate wrestler and you could argue he has forgotten more about wrestling than Max or most fighters will ever know, but Justin has also given himself over to the Just Bleed God.
For better or worse.

I expect this to be a hell of a fight. Certainly has the ingredients of a classic Gaethje war a la his fights with Poirier, Alvarez and Chandler.

LOL and you think I know who the fuck you are kid? Look at the two of us over here not knowing each other.
Totally level headed and normal response. In fact you got me.

I'm starting to lean towards this opinion as well. I'm kind of shocked by how many people are acting like max is walking to a funeral.
I don't think he's gonna get dusted but I also don't think he wins. Dustin gave him a a super hard time and Gaethje could bring similar threats.

I wouldn't be mad either way

Schweet, I hope lots of people starting start betting on Max, changing those odds

Max is a small lightweight.

He looked obviously undersized against Poirier. If you gave Max a year to put the mass on in a smart and thoughtful way?

Sure. He could fill out and look like a lightweight. Aside from that he's a tall stringbean at featherweight. He will be out muscled in this fight zero doubt about it.

Back