Colby wants Wonderboy next, how does this guy still have any fans?

I always found this funny, colby's biggest haters ALWAYS want to give him match ups he doesn't deserve.

a year ago everyone wanted him to fight khamzat. Like colby even deserves to fight khamzat.

Colby Haters are why he's so successful. Sherdog Love colby, They have a confused admiration for him.
Speak for yourself buddeh

Because Shavkat is not an easy fight against a 40 year old on a 2 fight losing streak like Colby always fights
So if he beats Shavkat, should he get another title shot? If Shavkat wins, should Shavkat get a title shot?

So if he beats Shavkat, should he get another title shot? If Shavkat wins, should Shavkat get a title shot?

I think one scenario could be true for one and not the other in this case. Sometimes, and it's industry standard, that two guys who are on a tear fight each other and a number contender is declared for either winner. But this case is different in that Colby just lost a fight to the champ. I think if Colby by some miracle, makes it by Shavkat, Colby has to fight one more top guy, maybe the winner of Ian and Neal. The stakes are higher for Colby since he challenged for the belt three times, rarely fights, and laid an egg against Edwards. He has to do a lot of heavy lifting, so yes, he has to get passed Shavkat and one more contender before he is matched up against the champ. Given Colby's age and eagerness to lift that kind of load, I doubt we'll see him in contention again.

When, not if, Shavkat beats Colby he gets a TS next.

When, not if, Colby loses to Shavkat he fights another up and comer to be useful.

Speak for yourself buddeh
Rather speak for you and people who make these threads, because i dont sit here and make threads about colby all damn day.

This man is irrelevent and they one people who ever bring him up are people who dont like him.

and they are the same people who wonder why he's afforded all these opportunities he doesn't deserve

When, not if, Shavkat beats Colby he gets a TS next.

When, not if, Colby loses to Shavkat he fights another up and comer to be useful.
I think one scenario could be true for one and not the other in this case. Sometimes, and it's industry standard, that two guys who are on a tear fight each other and a number contender is declared for either winner. But this case is different in that Colby just lost a fight to the champ. I think if Colby by some miracle, makes it by Shavkat, Colby has to fight one more top guy, maybe the winner of Ian and Neal. The stakes are higher for Colby since he challenged for the belt three times, rarely fights, and laid an egg against Edwards. He has to do a lot of heavy lifting, so yes, he has to get passed Shavkat and one more contender before he is matched up against the champ. Given Colby's age and eagerness to lift that kind of load, I doubt we'll see him in contention again.
Well that kind of answers the question of why he'd rather have a fight with Wonderboy instead of doing Leon's job for him and fighting #1 contenders with nothing to gain if he wins. Should there be title fights that are only for the title if 1 guy wins and not for the title if the other guy wins?

Obviously if he's not getting a title fight no matter who he fights, he'd rather take the biggest name that's near him in the rankings.

Seriously, the guy was so Cringe

Losing is a normal part of the sport... but man, being so appealing is such a big turnoff

In the WWF it was called 'X-pac Heat', where you're not actually drawing people by playing heel, you're making them change the channel

Coming off a loss and an injury, and he's supposed to go right back into fighting a number 1 contender? What is he supposed to say about his abilities? "I'm not that good, a lot of guys can probably beat me"???

If Wonderboy can't learn to grapple after all this time, that's his problem. Adesanya could handle a strong wrestler like Brunson early in his MMA career, what's with this weird thing where people just give a guy a pass for having shit grappling?

Colby haters are just contradicting themselves constantly, on one hand they say he sucks and isn't elite, but on the other hand they complain when he doesn't fight the absolute best fighters available, which one is it then? If he sucks so much, what's wrong with fighting Wonderboy? If he's too good to fight wonderboy and clearly beats him, then he doesn't suck..?

Well that kind of answers the question of why he'd rather have a fight with Wonderboy instead of doing Leon's job for him and fighting #1 contenders with nothing to gain if he wins. Should there be title fights that are only for the title if 1 guy wins and not for the title if the other guy wins?

Obviously if he's not getting a title fight no matter who he fights, he'd rather take the biggest name that's near him in the rankings.

He was gifted an unearned title shot last month. His 2nd not earned, 3rd total. It's time he gives back and fights young hot top fighters without being a diva, like other failed title contenders have done in Gaethje, Poirier, Whittaker, Holloway and many others.

There should be no special treatment for him.

Coming off a loss and an injury, and he's supposed to go right back into fighting a number 1 contender? What is he supposed to say about his abilities? "I'm not that good, a lot of guys can probably beat me"???

If Wonderboy can't learn to grapple after all this time, that's his problem. Adesanya could handle a strong wrestler like Brunson early in his MMA career, what's with this weird thing where people just give a guy a pass for having shit grappling?

Colby haters are just contradicting themselves constantly, on one hand they say he sucks and isn't elite, but on the other hand they complain when he doesn't fight the absolute best fighters available, which one is it then? If he sucks so much, what's wrong with fighting Wonderboy? If he's too good to fight wonderboy and clearly beats him, then he doesn't suck..?

"I'm afraid that the beating Shavkat would give Colby would end his career"

Funny, OP is stating Wonderboy is too low ranked, while u seem to think he's too highly ranked?
Yeah, I mean much of Sherdog though WB was a legit test for Shavkat, Burns, Belal, etc. but suddenly he's an old man and Colby shouldn't call him out? Lots of hypocrisy and muddled thinking here...it's more based on fighter bias than anything else.

Fight Shavkat or stay on the sidelines
Why should Shavkat fight a guy who's 2-3 since late 2019? Shouldn't he fight someone else on a winning streak?

"I'm afraid that the beating Shavkat would give Colby would end his career"

I mean at least he would of earned it this time, the last two he got it off beating an old ass Woodley and Jorge who were both on the decline/losing streaks
Tbh I do agree that Colby shouldn't be getting Shavkat, but I'd rather that over Colby/WB which makes less sense IMO. WB just shouldn't be getting top five opponents anymore and should have to fight down again.

Colby vs Sean Brady would be pretty good tho

It makes a little sense since they're both coming off losses, but other than that, I don't particularly like the fight either. I'd prefer to see him fight someone else.

It's a strange thing. Most on here are more right leaning in their beliefs but he's such a douch and plays a character too far right that he seems like a hoax to everyone on the right, a joke to everyone who just hates politics in general and the left just hate him.

He plays a victim while shitting on others. Same reason I'm starting to dislike Strickland.

Back