Social The hypocrisy of climate change activists.

Would you like to show me specific policies that are "making powering our lives more expensive", please?

Ok, for starters, gasoline prices. Bidens push for greener energy(and if you don’t see how gore, Kerry, and these others play into that, God help you) caused refineries to shut down or repurpose to greener energy-which has helped exactly no one with prices on heating, cooling, electricity, or anything-so what the fuck is the point or the upside for the average consumer?

The US has oil reserves that the government controls. Let’s face it, OPEC is out to fuck us and enrich themselves, so they keep output low and demand high. But the govt won’t release the reserves, have made refining oil more expensive and difficult, they shut down pipelines which further increased prices.

Coal is the cheapest, yet dirtiest source of electricity. As activists and green energy push for its extinction, prices go up.

Because there is pressure to cut down on coal mining, coal production is down. That is causing global markets in other areas ti cut back their production (thing like aluminum and steel) which is jacking up those prices.

Rather than sum up an article, her is some of it:
The Biden administration exacerbated the inflation of gas prices by both restricting the supply of oil and pressuring banks and asset managers to divest from traditional energy projects. The result of these flawed policies is weakened purchasing power for consumers and more reliance on foreign countries to keep the United States powered.

President Biden is restricting America’s ability to produce its own oil and is instead relying on foreign countries, some of which have governments run by totalitarian regimes, to produce more oil to lower gas prices. Biden’s decision to cut off avenues for more domestic supply of oil by canceling the Keystone XL pipeline and limiting exploration on federal lands and waters gives the Organization of the Petroleum Exporting Countries (OPEC) significant leverage over American energy consumption.

Sen. John Cornyn (R-Texas) hit the nail on the head by stating that, “begging the Saudis to increase production while the White House ties one hand behind the backs of American energy companies is pathetic and embarrassing.”

According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, the Consumer Price Index for All Urban Consumers rose 6.2 percent from October 2020 to October 2021. Specifically, energy prices increased by 30 percent in the past year, “its largest 12-month increase since the period ending September 2005.” At the same time, gas prices rose 49.6 percent. Additionally, the Personal Consumption Expenditures Price Index rose by 5 percent from October 2020 to October 2021.

Inflation is eroding purchasing power for low-income households and the Biden administration is seeking to choke off capital to the oil and gas industry, limiting the United States’ energy supply.

In October, Blackstone CEO Stephen Schwarzman stated that part of the reason why energy prices are so high is that financing for fossil fuel companies is “almost impossible” to attain. Moreover, BlackRock CEO Larry Fink also admitted that policies that restrict the “supply of hydrocarbons has created energy inflation” and that it is not transitory — in fact, it may stick around for a long time.

Additionally, Christopher Wood, Global Head of Equity Strategy at Jeffries, told CNBC that the mismatch between demand and supply for energy could get worse. Wood states that the issue is the “oil price is gonna go higher in a fully reopened world because nobody’s investing in oil but the world still consumes fossil fuels.” Wood went so far as to say that in a “fully reopened world, the oil price could go to $150 dollars.”

The rise in prices can be attributed to political pressure from the administration to reel back oil and gas production. Wood claims that the “political attack” on oil and gas “has removed the incentive for investment in the sector despite its lingering importance.”

According to Western Energy Alliance President Kathleen Sgamma, oil and gas producers are unable to access capital, because the Biden administration is “putting so much pressure on banks not to lend to us in the name of climate change.”

Seeking green energy relies on mining cobalt in the Congo, which is dangerous. It leads to health issues and the unstable region has lots of violence, so the US and Europe aren’t buying cobalt from that region until the violence subsides, but this has made the violence worse.

Bottom line is that switching to green energy is expensive and will remain so for the foreseeable future. I am not saying that we shouldn’t do it at all, but I am saying that some of the people I listed in this thread are contributing to that push to green, expensive energy.

Well, that’s what they want-for the average citizen to buy smaller, gas efficient vehicles while they drive, fly, or boat whatever the fuck they want. And they will pressure legislation to make it more difficult for us to live our lives. They will punish gas and oil companies that then pass the buck on to us, because no way are they not going to increase their profits every single year.

I will do bill gates next. He’s a fucking pos hypocrite-just like Kerry, gore, and the rest. I was bashing on swift, but she is not a climate activist like some of the others. She just loves her valid, wasteful life. People like gore and Kerry, however, want the plebs to do what they say while they spend 30k/month on electricity. Per mansion, and Kerry has four or five of them.

As I go, I plan to look up solutions. I think maybe a gas ceiling could be in order. If gas prices go beyond it, the companies incur heavier fines or some shit. Set the ceiling at $2, for example. Right now, gas is 3.09 here. So start eating into their profits until prices lower. I know. I know-the market sets the price, but the gas/oil companies don’t complain as they take in billions and billions. Their CEOs don’t need 50 mil per year. Their shareholders don’t need to be wealthy beyond belief. They can lower their cut and still make billions. Again, I am not very educated on this-I am just throwing out ideas that I don’t know if they could work or not.

But, I live in an area that gets snow. I kayak in the summer. I drive places to kayak where cars won’t go. I need my jeep, damnit.
I also go lots of outdoor places and I need my Rokon!!

I don't mind everybody having to drive highly fuel efficient vehicles if that's all they make for everybody. I just don't want it to be one thing for me and another thing for thee.

And you won't lose your Jeep if they do it right. They'll just make all new vehicles highly highly energy fuel efficient.

But if wealthy assholes are in charge of the legislation you know it will come down on the average guy who's got to commute 30 miles to work every day because he can't afford to live in the area where he works. But you know.... raise gas prices so he'll drive less!!!

Last edited:
We're talking about rich and powerful people who lecture us about pollution and then pollute exponentially more than we do and your answer is that we need other rich and powerful people to enact legislation on us in order to fix the problem that they're all currently contributing to exponentially more than the rest of us?
I think that the policy we should enact is completely independent of what anyone says or does. Do you disagree? Like, you recognize the need to reduce emissions, but since Taylor Swift also does, you don't support it?

Ok, for starters, gasoline prices. Bidens push for greener energy(and if you don’t see how gore, Kerry, and these others play into that, God help you) caused refineries to shut down or repurpose to greener energy-which has helped exactly no one with prices on heating, cooling, electricity, or anything-so what the fuck is the point or the upside for the average consumer?

The US has oil reserves that the government controls. Let’s face it, OPEC is out to fuck us and enrich themselves, so they keep output low and demand high. But the govt won’t release the reserves, have made refining oil more expensive and difficult, they shut down pipelines which further increased prices.

Coal is the cheapest, yet dirtiest source of electricity. As activists and green energy push for its extinction, prices go up.

Because there is pressure to cut down on coal mining, coal production is down. That is causing global markets in other areas ti cut back their production (thing like aluminum and steel) which is jacking up those prices.

Rather than sum up an article, her is some of it:
The Biden administration exacerbated the inflation of gas prices by both restricting the supply of oil and pressuring banks and asset managers to divest from traditional energy projects. The result of these flawed policies is weakened purchasing power for consumers and more reliance on foreign countries to keep the United States powered.

President Biden is restricting America’s ability to produce its own oil and is instead relying on foreign countries, some of which have governments run by totalitarian regimes, to produce more oil to lower gas prices. Biden’s decision to cut off avenues for more domestic supply of oil by canceling the Keystone XL pipeline and limiting exploration on federal lands and waters gives the Organization of the Petroleum Exporting Countries (OPEC) significant leverage over American energy consumption.

Sen. John Cornyn (R-Texas) hit the nail on the head by stating that, “begging the Saudis to increase production while the White House ties one hand behind the backs of American energy companies is pathetic and embarrassing.”

According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, the Consumer Price Index for All Urban Consumers rose 6.2 percent from October 2020 to October 2021. Specifically, energy prices increased by 30 percent in the past year, “its largest 12-month increase since the period ending September 2005.” At the same time, gas prices rose 49.6 percent. Additionally, the Personal Consumption Expenditures Price Index rose by 5 percent from October 2020 to October 2021.

Inflation is eroding purchasing power for low-income households and the Biden administration is seeking to choke off capital to the oil and gas industry, limiting the United States’ energy supply.

In October, Blackstone CEO Stephen Schwarzman stated that part of the reason why energy prices are so high is that financing for fossil fuel companies is “almost impossible” to attain. Moreover, BlackRock CEO Larry Fink also admitted that policies that restrict the “supply of hydrocarbons has created energy inflation” and that it is not transitory — in fact, it may stick around for a long time.

Additionally, Christopher Wood, Global Head of Equity Strategy at Jeffries, told CNBC that the mismatch between demand and supply for energy could get worse. Wood states that the issue is the “oil price is gonna go higher in a fully reopened world because nobody’s investing in oil but the world still consumes fossil fuels.” Wood went so far as to say that in a “fully reopened world, the oil price could go to $150 dollars.”

The rise in prices can be attributed to political pressure from the administration to reel back oil and gas production. Wood claims that the “political attack” on oil and gas “has removed the incentive for investment in the sector despite its lingering importance.”

According to Western Energy Alliance President Kathleen Sgamma, oil and gas producers are unable to access capital, because the Biden administration is “putting so much pressure on banks not to lend to us in the name of climate change.”

Seeking green energy relies on mining cobalt in the Congo, which is dangerous. It leads to health issues and the unstable region has lots of violence, so the US and Europe aren’t buying cobalt from that region until the violence subsides, but this has made the violence worse.

Bottom line is that switching to green energy is expensive and will remain so for the foreseeable future. I am not saying that we shouldn’t do it at all, but I am saying that some of the people I listed in this thread are contributing to that push to green, expensive energy.
And you think celebrities play some significant role in pushing-to use your term--policies like phasing out coal?

And how about just doing it because it's the right fucking thing to do regardless and quit bitching?

What are you referring to here? U.S. oil production is at an all-time high. Refinery capacity dipped a little with the pandemic but has been on the rise again.
This is also false. Biden was attacked by Republicans because of the very large release. Not really getting into the whole post when you're starting off so misinformed.

Man I feel like I'm a retirement home in here. Bunch of geezers.

Celebs and the Uber rich should have caps on how much they can private jet around. Give them x amount of CO2 to burn then make them pay some obscene tax or something on the rest.

It's symbolic folks don't want to have to make sacrifices while they're barely scraping by.

Man I feel like I'm a retirement home in here. Bunch of geezers.

Celebs and the Uber rich should have caps on how much they can private jet around. Give them x amount of CO2 to burn then make them pay some obscene tax or something on the rest.

It's symbolic folks don't want to have to make sacrifices while they're barely scraping by.
You should see the Lounge thread. It's the fuckin' land before time.

We're talking about rich and powerful people who lecture us about pollution and then pollute exponentially more than we do and your answer is that we need other rich and powerful people to enact legislation on us in order to fix the problem that they're all currently contributing to exponentially more than the rest of us?

Sounds like a great plan. I'm sure they will do what is fair without benefitting from it one iota. There is no way that their legislative plan would ever involve them and their rich cronies profiting off of us while continuing to pollute exponentially more than us.

They would never do that.

How about we talk solutions? I’m sure you were one of those people back in the 50s who threw a hissy fit over the seat belt law.

You should see the Lounge thread. It's the fuckin' land before time.
I'm actually pretty impressed with you lot.
All the people your age I know are glued to Facebook sharing retarded conspiracy memes.

I'd set your focus on the activitist who glue themselves to the road and / or block traffic. The irony of how much more carbon gets burned because of their actions being lost on them is incredible.

Virtue signaling celebs are certainly whacky, no doubt about that.

If you have not seen this interview with this scientist and are a Global Warmist, perhaps information you've not been exposed to may adjust your views?

In the end, his claim is that "Global Warming" or "Climate Change" is caused by pulls from other celestial bodies on Earth causing slight variations in our orbit and relation to the Sun. He says if you pulled all the temperature measuring stations from cities and kept only those in rural areas that we see little to no warming in the periods of Global Warming freak out. He's done the Math. He's presented tons of papers that have no dispute to his Math and findings. He's a serious scientist that should be heard out.

If you have not seen this interview with this scientist and are a Global Warmist, perhaps information you've not been exposed to may adjust your views?

In the end, his claim is that "Global Warming" or "Climate Change" is caused by pulls from other celestial bodies on Earth causing slight variations in our orbit and relation to the Sun. He says if you pulled all the temperature measuring stations from cities and kept only those in rural areas that we see little to no warming in the periods of Global Warming freak out. He's done the Math. He's presented tons of papers that have no dispute to his Math and findings. He's a serious scientist that should be heard out.

Lol you are a buffoon. Try again

Why do you think that no one has disputed his findings? I'll discuss any of his points with you if you like.

I think that the policy we should enact is completely independent of what anyone says or does. Do you disagree? Like, you recognize the need to reduce emissions, but since Taylor Swift also does, you don't support it?

I agree that we do but not at the expense of American citizens and at the benefit of whoever is stuffing the politician's pockets.

Ban private jets and we can talk about fucking up the lives of regular people. Until then, suck my dick.
We can also ban international travel for any reason that is not a necessity before messaging with the average joe.

Solutions I've seen this far floated mostly just allow the rich to do whatever they want and the poor to take the hit.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
luciusaugustus
Back