Kingpin (1996) 49% rotten tomatoes is a joke.

It has never been a very good guide for what to spend your time watching...neither the critic score nor the audience score. Rise of Skywalker opened at a fixed 86% audience score and it has not wavered once since then. Perhaps a resident statistician can offer the odds of that actually happening.

More RottenCritics scores...
Red Dawn (1984) - 46%
Rocky 4 - 38%

Fucking Commies

Why does everyone care so much what other people think of the movies they like? Who gives a shit? If you like the movie, you like it. It doesn’t somehow diminish the movie just because critics or other people don’t like it.

And stop worrying about what movies other people like. That’a their fucking business. This is literally the most subjective thing in the planet - which movies are good and which are bad. And you guys act as if everyone should like the same movies you do, and not like the movies they like.
?

Why would people on an online forum want to discuss things?

Keep your opinions to yourself, and quit all this yammering!

Lol

?

Why would people on an online forum want to discuss things?

Keep your opinions to yourself, and quit all this yammering!

Lol
Bitching about how the general public “unfairly rated these movies I really like” is a stupid discussion. I’m allowed to discuss how fucking stupid it is.

It's just weird that you think it's weird.

Do and say whatever you want, ya weirdo.
I will, thank you.

What’s weird is that nearly every conversation about shows or movies on here devolves into this “Rotten Tomatoes scored it wrong,” or “IMDB scored it wrong,” which ultimately becomes some conspiracy about how “they” juiced the score for a movie, or tanked the score for another.

It’s fucking absurd.

I will, thank you.

What’s weird is that nearly every conversation about shows or movies on here devolves into this “Rotten Tomatoes scored it wrong,” or “IMDB scored it wrong,” which ultimately becomes some conspiracy about how “they” juiced the score for a movie, or tanked the score for another.

It’s fucking absurd.
Except I didn’t say anything about conspiracies or “juicing or tanking scores”.

It’s a hilarious movie that is very well acted by everyone involved with a great redemption arc.

Do you not like the film? Care to elaborate why?

Except I didn’t say anything about conspiracies or “juicing or tanking scores”.

It’s a hilarious movie that is very well acted by everyone involved with a great redemption arc.

Do you not like the film? Care to elaborate why?
I’ve never seen it. I think I tried to watch it once, didn’t get into it, then never tried again. I’ll eventually see it.

Just read the rest of the thread. There are already allusions to the scores not being genuine, etc. Maybe they are and maybe they aren’t. But this is the preoccupation in every thread about movies or tv.

I’ve never seen it. I think I tried to watch it once, didn’t get into it, then never tried again. I’ll eventually see it.

Just read the rest of the thread. There are already allusions to the scores not being genuine, etc. Maybe they are and maybe they aren’t. But this is the preoccupation in every thread about movies or tv.
Vast majority of the replies in this thread are about how much everyone enjoys this film and others by the same writers/directors.

So why come in this thread spouting nonsense about a movie you haven’t seen?

Go watch the movie and enjoy what we have witnessed since 1996.

Vast majority of the replies in this thread are about how much everyone enjoys this film and others by the same writers/directors.

So why come in this thread spouting nonsense about a movie you haven’t seen?

Go watch the movie and enjoy what we have witnessed since 1996.
Because I’m not talking about the movie. I’m talking about what movie threads always devolve into in here. Why are you so butt hurt about that?

It’s an observation. A true one. But you guys seem really offended by it. Lord knows why.

You can’t write a high-brow synopsis about comedy.

“It’s funny because you had to be there.
The End”
11%

That may be. But beneath the veneer of raunchy comedy, Kingpin is actually a heartwarming story of redemption, about a drunk coming to terms with his past. Even without the comedy, it still has more substance than many critically acclaimed films.

Because I’m not talking about the movie. I’m talking about what movie threads always devolve into in here. Why are you so butt hurt about that?

It’s an observation. A true one. But you guys seem really offended by it. Lord knows why.
You’re the only negative person in this thread bro.
Everyone else is saying how much they love the film and other ones by the same writers/directors.

Again watch it and come back and have a serious conversation.

That may be. But beneath the veneer of raunchy comedy, Kingpin is actually a heartwarming story of redemption, about a drunk coming to terms with his past. Even without the comedy, it still has more substance than many critically acclaimed films.
Oh, 100% I agree.
I was just trying to explain why pretentious reviewers will never give a positive review of a comedy.
It’s because they’ve already overanalysed shit dramas to make them sound good.

The comedies mentioned on the first page are all classics.

Example: Dumb and Dumber.
“Two misfits who drive a dog car set off in search of the owner of a suitcase. One’s budgie is decapitated and they didn’t fuck some tourists on a bus.”
26%

There is no way you can recreate classic comedy without sounding like a fool so they score it low.

Oh, 100% I agree.
I was just trying to explain why pretentious reviewers will never give a positive review of a comedy.
It’s because they’ve already overanalysed shit dramas to make them sound good.

The comedies mentioned on the first page are all classics.

Example: Dumb and Dumber.
“Two misfits who drive a dog car set off in search of the owner of a suitcase. One’s budgie is decapitated and they didn’t fuck some tourists on a bus.”
26%

There is no way you can recreate classic comedy without sounding like a fool so they score it low.
Again I think this is something reviewers tended to be guilty of for many years, especially the reviewers who came from in the New Hollywood era would tend to turn their noses, genre films would only tend to get their due many years latter.

In the 70's and early 80's a lot of horror films which are thought of as great cinema now were not well recieved by critics, the same with a lot of action films of the latter 80's, in the 90's it tended to be comedy and thrillers which didnt get their due on release.

watched it last night. Basically an early blades of glory.

Where is this comparison coming from?

I think both films are some of the most underrated from their generations but I didn't really find them to be similar outside of that.

Top ten comedy imo, borderline top 5

Where is this comparison coming from?

I think both films are some of the most underrated from their generations but I didn't really find them to be similar outside of that.
idk really. early sports comedy with buddy theme and rivalry.

Back