Elections Jon Stewart to return to ‘The Daily Show’ as a host and executive producer

If he really had an freaking clue he would have talked about Trump bragging about a NATO County begging him for protection. Seriously never happened even Rubio had to pull sh#t out of his ass to defend the comments.

Honestly if that not a sign of serious health issues an dementia I don't know? Other point missed he shows up before November elections right after almost to the day leaving when Trump first won The White House 9 years ago.

Now it is rumored he left the Apple TV show when he ask producers to shift towards more political stories. I am not sure where Jon sits an I want to hear from Steven Colbert an Jon Oliver. I think even Bill Maher left scratching his head over what he just watched.
You know the show isn't live, right?

Because they don't understand what Jon Stewart is doing here. Nor do most Conservatives—which is by design. I thought it was a brilliant first episode and I can't wait to see what they bring over the coming year.
Stewart seems well on his way to doing a lot of what other media outlets are doing to try to look balanced. All that trump lunacy like about nato, the rape case, january 6th, fake electors, etc gets met with well biden is old so they both suck. Its fucking insulting

watched the show, meh, he seems to have lost a step or two. plus the fact that he's obviously there as campaign prop eliminates the fun aspect of it. watching from afar, the old shows used to be amusing, but if the first episode is a tell, it's just going to be election screeching.
no thanks.

Stewart seems well on his way to doing a lot of what other media outlets are doing to try to look balanced. All that trump lunacy like about nato, the rape case, january 6th, fake electors, etc gets met with well biden is old so they both suck. Its fucking insulting

They do both suck though LOL

That strikes me as an exaggerated reaction. It will be on again. I think it's worth a wait and see approach before judging it. They have a lot of shows to make so they can hardly blow their wad all in one go, can they?

Or perhaps, by attacking Biden, maybe they hope to attract Republicans whom they can later subvert with more stuff about Trump. Just spit-balling here but I think you can see there are lots of possible reasons for that episode turning out the way it did.

Another possibility is that they're waiting for some of the court cases to conclude before commenting upon them. For example, the SCOTUS is expected to rule tomorrow on whether Trump can be excluded from the ballot in CO.

Exactly. They need someone “credible” to attack Trump for the 25-50 demographic that no longer watches mainstream news. They hope Stewart can bring them back into the fold

Problem is he isn’t funny anymore, never really was, and his recent show was a flop

Plus part of the problem was creative difference because he couldn’t attack China, COVId policy, etc. Yet now he will prove to be a huge sellout propping up China Joe

Watched a clip of him on YouTube and he was attacking both. Something titled “wtf are we doing”.

Watched a clip of him on YouTube and he was attacking both. Something titled “wtf are we doing”.

I watched the same segment, this is what I thought of it.

It is funny because it still was anti-trump propaganda. Sure, concerns about Trump's age are legit, but because he ONLY focused on age, and has nothing to say about actual cognitive ability and stamina, it makes it seem as if their decline and thus concern are on the same level.

It is like being passive aggressive. Moreover, because of these headlines, some people are going to think Stewart is not a partisan hack in future episodes.

But yea, these headlines are funny

Yeah, it was basically 20 minutes of disbelief that we are stuck with these two guys again. Pointed out that they'll break the record for oldest candidates for potus, ever. A record that they set 4 years ago. The bit on Biden's press conference was money. He also blasted Trump for all the shitbag stuff he has done, on top of deteriorating mental faculties.

"Decision 2024 - Electile Dysfunction", lol. Good times.

Yeah, it was basically 20 minutes of disbelief that we are stuck with these two guys again. Pointed out that they'll break the record for oldest candidates for potus, ever. A record that they set 4 years ago. The bit on Biden's press conference was money. He also blasted Trump for all the shitbag stuff he has done, on top of deteriorating mental faculties.

"Decision 2024 - Electile Dysfunction", lol. Good times.
Is he offering solutions or just fence sitting?

Was honestly quite good, and felt like the original show.

The comedy is really in the way the clips are compiled, and then his reactions to the clips. It's like a political Tosh.0.

Or perhaps, by attacking Biden, maybe they hope to attract Republicans whom they can later subvert with more stuff about Trump. Just spit-balling here but I think you can see there are lots of possible reasons for that episode turning out the way it did.
I had the same thought. It may be another Bill Maher type thing where right wingers applaud him and say he’s spot on when he’s criticizing Biden but cry foul and yell TDS at the stuff about Trump.

Why the fuck should he offer solutions? That's what the politicians are for, don't you think?
Because fence sitting is the easy part? And the politicians aren't going to do shit unless the people make them, and the dumb American people don't know what to think unless someone spells it out for them?

If he wants to make a fence sitting show that's fine but let's not pretend he's a political intellectual. It's easy to say both sides suck because it's the truth. We have an election coming up and the people are going to be served two choices they don't like that's obvious, if you don't have anything to say about a plan you're not saying anything interesting.

Because fence sitting is the easy part? And the politicians aren't going to do shit unless the people make them, and the dumb American people don't know what to think unless someone spells it out for them?

If he wants to make a fence sitting show that's fine but let's not pretend he's a political intellectual. It's easy to say both sides suck because it's the truth. We have an election coming up and the people are going to be served two choices they don't like that's obvious, if you don't have anything to say about a plan you're not saying anything interesting.
The expressed purpose of the program is to satirically draw attention to absurdities of all sorts in American politics, left, right, and otherwise. It's not tell people how to fix it. It's just plain not their purpose. It's a comedy show, not a TED talk.

Prior to this new thing, the loudest complaint I heard about the Daily show, whether it was Stewart, or more commonly, Trevor Noah, was that it could be too preachy. At the slightest hint of appearing to be telling people what to do they were turned off.

Is he offering solutions or just fence sitting?
Just providing humorous commentary. Not sure what solution anyone can offer, aside from the obvious.
Trump’s legal problems will probably take care of his bid. If the gop still nominates him after a felony conviction, that’s on them.
Biden has to step down or be told to step down by the party.

Back