Why is UFC 299 an incomparably better card than UFC 300?

JustOnce

On Hiatus
@Gold
Reaction score
UFC 299

Sean O'Malley vs. Marlon Vera135 lbs
UFC 300

Alex Pereira vs. Jamahal Hill205 lbs

I don't understand. UFC 300 was supposed to be the best card ever according to the red goof.

HGrxHWs.jpg

It's not like there has been big names dropping due to injuries or pissing hot like Conor and Jones for UFC 200. I'd argue there's only one compelling fight on UFC 300 in Arman vs Oliveira. That's it. I count 7 on UFC 299.

This is pretty odd.

The number 300 is just so hyped up and everyone expected it to be some magical historical legendary event with the biggest names in history
View attachment 1030335

Lol, that meme is a joke.

Literally has Alex vs Hill in the expected, then only shows half of the same fight with LOL under the reality.

I also don't care to see low effort/half ass nate skip around the Octagon barely sparring and thinking he's putting on a show.

Then shows that one guy that isn't even fighting.

Islam was never an option with Ramadan just ending.

Lol, that meme is a joke.

Literally has Alex vs Hill in the expected, then only shows half of the same fight with LOL under the reality.

I also don't care to see low effort/half ass nate skip around the Octagon barely sparring and thinking he's putting on a show.

Then shows that one guy that isn't even fighting.

Islam was never an option with Ramadan just ending.
Yeah I think the meme is more about putting emphasis on stars like Brock/Conor being expected while theres heaps of womens fights

They each have like 6-7 good fights and 3-4 of those that sound excellent, I don't think there's that much in it

Last edited:
300 is a bit better imo but it's indeed a strange decision to stack 299 like crazy. They could have easily put the O'Malley or Poirier fight on 300 and it would be much more epic.

(But personally I don't care. Two amazing cards back to back. What's not to like?)

Well Dana did say there’s one more 300 fight yet to be announced…

I don't think 299 is better.
It all depends on how you compare fights. If you really hate WMMA we can remove Weili vs Xiaonan and UFC300 is still comparable

* Pereira vs Hill is similar to O'Malley vs Vera
* Oliviera vs Tsarukyan is a bomb, like Dustin vs BSD
* Max vs Gaethje is better than Holland vs Page
* Jiri vs Rakic is similar to Burns vs Maddalena
* Sterling vs Kattar is similar to Yan vs Yadong
* Figgy vs Cody is similar to Gamrot vs RDA

Last edited:
Back