Why is UFC 299 an incomparably better card than UFC 300?

don't understand. UFC 300 was supposed to be the best card ever according to the red goof.
200 actually was the best card ever.... on paper.

Was hoping 300 would at least be in the Top 5 I've seen, on paper, and this is a failure of a main event.

With due respect to Hill, when it comes to popularity & name recognition... he's a C-lister, at best.

They should have offered Israel the bank to fight Periera for the 205 belt.

Pereira vs Hill is better than O'Malley vs Chito 2. + The Charles & Gaethje fights are better than anything 299 has to offers.

299 superceded your expectations & 300 failed to meet them, but in a vacuum 300 is unequivocally better. Get out of your feelings Lil bro.

Last edited:
200 actually was the best card ever.... on paper.

Was hoping 300 would at least be in the Top 5 I've seen, on paper, and this is a failure of a main event.

With due respect to Hill, when it comes to popularity & name recognition... he's a C-lister, at best.

They should have offered Israel the bank to fight Periera for the 205 belt.

Israel prob didn't want none of it.

UFC 100 was and is a great card too.

Pereira vs Hill is better than O'Malley vs Chito 2. + The Charles & Gaethje fights are better than anything 299 to over.

299 superceded your expectations & 300 failed to meet them, but in a vacuum 300 unequivocally better. Get out of your feelings Lil bro.
I didn't count O'Malley fight as one of my compelling nor even decent fights. Gaethje fight is an interesting fight, nothing more than that.

UFC 300 is a mediocre fight card, even without considering expectations placed on fans.

299 is better but by not much.
300 has better main event and the rest is comparable.

UFC 299

Sean O'Malley vs. Marlon Vera135 lbs
UFC 300

Alex Pereira vs. Jamahal Hill205 lbs

I don't understand. UFC 300 was supposed to be the best card ever according to the red goof.

HGrxHWs.jpg

It's not like there has been big names dropping due to injuries or pissing hot like Conor and Jones for UFC 200. I'd argue there's only one compelling fight on UFC 300 in Arman vs Oliveira. That's it. I count 7 on UFC 299.

This is pretty odd.
You day drinking ?

I dont think its clear cut at all, and I'd give the edge to 300 imo

205 championship that is really a unification bout is better than Vera getting a super undeserved shot.

Gaethje vs. Max is better than Dustin vs. BSD, and in terms of relevance so is Oliviera vs. Arman.

Jiri vs Rakic is a great matchup too, and theres lots of other fun fights throughout.

299 isnt a bad card at all, and I do think the 2 are parable.

In terms of which has the best 5 fights.

I like 298 and 299 more than 300.

298 had 4 fights greatly interest me.
299 has 7

300 has a bunch of interesting fights but if I had grab the best fights from all three cards and put them on a 5 fight PPV. I think 298 and 299 is better. 300 has the better Early prelims though. But 299 even has two high level bangers on the regular prelims to go with 5 good PPV fights.

UFC 300 is better
i dont plan to buy 299

and they have 2 more fights to announce,
should be some big name with lengthly negotiations,
Izzy still in the race facing Strickland or DDP <--- this will bring eyeballs for sure

and Leon Edwards is on radio silence

so expect another big fight added to the main card

300 is deeper but yeah
UFC 300 is better
i dont plan to buy 299

and they have 2 more fights to announce,
should be some big name with lengthly negotiations,
Izzy still in the race facing Strickland or DDP <--- this will bring eyeballs for sure

and Leon Edwards is on radio silence

so expect another big fight added to the main card

Nothing is being added lol. Izzy isn't going to fight under Periera.

People would be shitting all over 299 if it was the 300 card. Both are great, only difference is one had tremendous expectations.

UFC 299

Sean O'Malley vs. Marlon Vera135 lbs
UFC 300

Alex Pereira vs. Jamahal Hill205 lbs

I don't understand. UFC 300 was supposed to be the best card ever according to the red goof.

HGrxHWs.jpg

It's not like there has been big names dropping due to injuries or pissing hot like Conor and Jones for UFC 200. I'd argue there's only one compelling fight on UFC 300 in Arman vs Oliveira. That's it. I count 7 on UFC 299.

This is pretty odd.

“Incomparably better card”

TS Compares cards

Back