Economy Trump-supporting truckers stage NYC drive boycott after $350M legal hit and New York buisness owners are worried.

I don't think enough are going to do this to make much of an impact.

What is going to be more interesting is how other businesses and investors are going to react. I see they are trying to reassure them " we are not coming after you, we just wanted to get Trump". However any republican businesses person or investors is not going to believe that. They know they are the enemy and democratic DAs and government officials are out for them. I hope see this and they take their business and money someplace else.
Why would law abiding businesses have anything to worry about?
This seems more like the regular victim card screeching from Trumptards while supporting a criminal.

Seize their Trucks and homes and give them to the here legally illegals.

Why would law abiding businesses have anything to worry about?
This seems more like the regular victim card screeching from Trumptards while supporting a criminal.

Because the legal system in some places has been turned into a political weapon. No investor on business can be 100 percent clean. Mistakes and and walking the line is a part of it. Republicans should know if they do anything the democrats don't like in an area they control they will come after them.

Not saying Republicans will not do the same.

It's the way politics are now.

This isn't happening (nor should it for this reason) but lotta people itt that want to act like they know about the economics of this but actually have no clue.

NYC is already one of the toughest places to convince trucks to go. I'm in logistics (I'm on the sales side, but I have to know operations too as it's part of educating my customers). There are expensive tolls going onto and coming off the island. Plus the traffic is of course brutal. Most truck drivers won't cross the bridge. They flat refuse loads going there, or ask for completely unrealistic money. So IF even a relatively small group of drivers that would otherwise go to NYC refused, it actually would make a difference. An already low supply of trucks would shrink.

Again, that's not happening here but some of the comments itt are clueless in a more general sense.

Last edited:

A group of truck drivers who support former President Trump have announced they will not be driving to New York City as a means of expressing their disappointment with the civil fraud judgment that fined Trump more than $350 million last week.

This all comes in response to Trump being barred from operating his business in New York for three years and being found liable for more than $350 million in damages in the civil fraud case brought against him, his family and the Trump Organization by New York Attorney General Letitia James.

New York Judge Arthur Engoron handed down his ruling Friday after a months-long trial that began in October and stemmed from James' lawsuit that accused the former president of inflating his assets and committing fraud.

As a result, many pro-Trump truck drivers across the country have not taken the ruling lightly.

The New York governor has told business owners in her state that there is “nothing to worry about” after Donald Trump was fined $355m and temporarily banned from engaging in commerce in the state when he lost his civil fraud trial Friday.

In an interview on the New York radio show the Cats Roundtable with the supermarket billionaire John Catsimatidis, Kathy Hochul sought to quell fears in some quarters that the penalties handed to Trump for engaging in fraudulent business practices could chill the state’s commercial climate.

Asked if businesspeople should be worried that if prosecutors could “do that to the former president, they can do that to anybody”, Hochul said: “Law-abiding and rule-following New Yorkers who are businesspeople have nothing to worry about because they’re very different than Donald Trump and his behavior.”

She added that the fraud case against Trump resulted from “really an extraordinary, unusual circumstance”.

Hochul’s comments were directed at some New York business leaders who said they were concerned that the attorney general Letitia James’s case against Trump could deter businesses and investment from coming to the state. Hochul noted James’s case demonstrated how Trump and some allies obtained favorable bank loans and insurance rates with inflated real estate values.

Truck drivers are refusing to pickup loads to New York after Trump fine.

New York business owners are worried after the court ruling.

Politically motivated attacks against Trump in New York could cause them to lose buisness.

This will amount to nothing. Soo far it's been what like 10 truckers?? Even if it was a 100 it won't matter because there are enough truckers who won't boycott NYC either because they are not MAGA or because they are employees and have no say in the matter. The big LTL trucking companies like Schneider, Saia, FedEx Freight, UPS Freight, Old Dominion, Werner, Yellow / YRC etc.. aren't boycotting.

This will amount to nothing. Soo far it's been what like 10 truckers?? Even if it was a 100 it won't matter because there are enough truckers who won't boycott NYC either because they are not MAGA or because they are employees and have no say in the matter. The big LTL trucking companies like Schneider, Saia, FedEx Freight, UPS Freight, Old Dominion, Werner, Yellow / YRC etc.. aren't boycotting.
LTL wouldn't be affected, agree. Truckload would, if 100 truckers that regularly would go across the bridge decide to refuse to. 10? Yeah, that wouldn't register.

It's moot in this case, it actually sounds like zero are doing it LOL.

This is pointless and stupid.

Any gap by protesting truckers will be quickly filled by people who want to make money.

Source: my friend owns a truck and his own company.

Because the legal system in some places has been turned into a political weapon. No investor on business can be 100 percent clean. Mistakes and and walking the line is a part of it. Republicans should know if they do anything the democrats don't like in an area they control they will come after them.

Not saying Republicans will not do the same.

It's the way politics are now.
Dont break the law and run a your business on fraudulent practices. Seems pretty simple.

Alright...maybe not

lol, Chicago Ray dipped out of his own boycott.
the funny part is the Rubes were celebrating one guy boycotting like it was going to ruin the economy of New York. That is how badly Trump fans want a win after watching Trump take L after L lately that they ran with only one dude talking about a boycott. Once again there is not an easier group on the planet to dupe than a member of the Cult of MAGA.

BTW the Trucker boycott has brought me so much joy the last 2 days, thank you Chicago Ray and keep on trucking, good buddy.

Yup, that's the part that's insane to me. Truckers can do what they want but they're supporting fraudulent business practices. That's the thing that people should be surprised about.

Indicator #238,423,423 that politics have overridden moral character in our country.
Fraudulent business practices? 😂😂😂

Man, I really gave too much credit to the larping army of brainwashed leftists who believe political hit jobs should supersede law and order.

I have no doubts banking and real estate are other topics you know nothing about, but this has less merit than any of the last attempts by the Democrat Reich to eliminate Orange Man. Trump’s businesses acted no different than 100% (yes, all) of the industry. Just like homeowners believe their homes are worth FMV or more, the banks ultimately determine the value you can borrow against. This prosecutor should be disbarred immediately and investigated for the egregiousness of this political diversion.

The scary part is your inability to view any issue through an unfiltered, blue-free lens…

Anyone want to hazard a guess why Chi-Town Ray took it down?
I bet his boss said I like money more than a girdle and Diaper wearing con man and if you don’t take that shit down, or next week you will be delivering my pizza. Or the Derp State got to him. One or the other.

Fraudulent business practices? 😂😂😂

Man, I really gave too much credit to the larping army of brainwashed leftists who believe political hit jobs should supersede law and order.

I have no doubts banking and real estate are other topics you know nothing about, but this has less merit than any of the last attempts by the Democrat Reich to eliminate Orange Man. Trump’s businesses acted no different than 100% (yes, all) of the industry. Just like homeowners believe their homes are worth FMV or more, the banks ultimately determine the value you can borrow against. This prosecutor should be disbarred immediately and investigated for the egregiousness of this political diversion.

The scary part is your inability to view any issue through an unfiltered, blue-free lens…

nobody has ever been more victimized than the fraudy orange election-losing rapist and the american conservative who licks the dog shit off of his boots. not even abe lincoln was treated so unfairly!

as a staunch supporter of the party of law and order, i really hate it when people get held accountable for breaking the law. god damn derp state, democrat reich, and werpernized department of injustice! how dare they prosecute people for committing terrible crimes. election interfeelance i say! perlitercal witch hunt to the 45'th degree teehee!

Last edited:
It's sad seeing American blue collar workers stand up for the billionaire that is primarily out to help the rich and that doesn't want rules and laws to apply to him.

This is just like peasants cheering for the nobility in a feudal society. Quite a downturn for the country that helped to show the way to end the rule of the aristocracy.

Back