• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Economy Trump-supporting truckers stage NYC drive boycott after $350M legal hit and New York buisness owners are worried.

Fraudulent business practices? 😂😂😂

Man, I really gave too much credit to the larping army of brainwashed leftists who believe political hit jobs should supersede law and order.

I have no doubts banking and real estate are other topics you know nothing about, but this has less merit than any of the last attempts by the Democrat Reich to eliminate Orange Man. Trump’s businesses acted no different than 100% (yes, all) of the industry. Just like homeowners believe their homes are worth FMV or more, the banks ultimately determine the value you can borrow against. This prosecutor should be disbarred immediately and investigated for the egregiousness of this political diversion.

The scary part is your inability to view any issue through an unfiltered, blue-free lens…
They're basically the male versions of the bitches from the view but instead of sitting at a table they're on Sherdog....TDS is a helluva Drug

It's sad seeing American blue collar workers stand up for the billionaire that is primarily out to help the rich and that doesn't want rules and laws to apply to him.

This is just like peasants cheering for the nobility in a feudal society. Quite a downturn for the country that helped to show the way to end the rule of the aristocracy.
Yeah man.

I've often read about feudal and other primitive societies and wondered how peasants would die for lords as they were shat on.

Even with all our technological advancements and access to information, there are poor uneducated people who will die for Trump though he wouldn't let them near his palace.

I have a clearer understanding of feudal societies existed now.

Dont break the law and run a your business on fraudulent practices. Seems pretty simple.

If you think it's that simple you are blind or more likely of the belief "as long as its my side doing it the ends justifies the means".

Which seems to be the common cry in this thread from the left.

Man, I really gave too much credit to the larping army of brainwashed leftists who believe political hit jobs should supersede law and order.

I have no doubts banking and real estate are other topics you know nothing about, but this has less merit than any of the last attempts by the Democrat Reich to eliminate Orange Man. Trump’s businesses acted no different than 100% (yes, all) of the industry. Just like homeowners believe their homes are worth FMV or more, the banks ultimately determine the value you can borrow against. This prosecutor should be disbarred immediately and investigated for the egregiousness of this political diversion.

The scary part is your inability to view any issue through an unfiltered, blue-free lens…

What's truly scary is this epitomizes the meaning of a cult.

It doesnt matter what trump says or does, he is a victim in the eyes of his servants.

Something is conspiring him.

Whether hes grabbing pussy, raping women, paying taxes to russia and china, not paying US taxes, paying for prostitution, belittling US allies while praising dictators.

There is always something else working against him. The politicians, the free press, big tech, the academics, the entertainment industry, democracy itself and now it's the justice system.

They're all working against him.
Hes a perpetual victim that can do no wrong in the eyes of the feeble minded.

And now "da left" is conspiring against a renowned con man who is not even conservative.

It's as trump predicted himself, he could publicly shoot someone and his supporters will stand by him.

"Da left made trump pull da trigger "

giphy.gif

Because the legal system in some places has been turned into a political weapon. No investor on business can be 100 percent clean. Mistakes and and walking the line is a part of it. Republicans should know if they do anything the democrats don't like in an area they control they will come after them.

Not saying Republicans will not do the same.

It's the way politics are now.
LOL @ no business can be 100 percent clean. Walking the line "is part of it" even. I don't want to do business with anyone with that attitude.

Mistakes don't have any element of criminal intent by definition. That's not the same as not "100 percent clean".

I know you're probably trolling, but there are actually people out there that would cheer on that type of Government tyranny. 100%

*edit*
Case and point: the person that just posted below me. He's not trolling. He is completely "useful".

The first like five posts ITT are 100% those types of people

It would be concerning if they weren't such impotent losers.

If you think it's that simple you are blind or more likely of the belief "as long as its my side doing it the ends justifies the means".

Which seems to be the common cry in this thread from the left.
You seem to think Trump should be allowed to use fraudulent business practices just cause.
My idea of being a law abiding business is not the partisan hackery here.
And its not my side

You seem to think Trump should be allowed to use fraudulent business practices just cause.
And its not my side
New York prosecutes these kinds of cases all the time, even specifically felony falsifying business records. The whining is all typical Trump victimhood.

Trump has a license to engage in business in NY. That license comes with specific reporting requirements as it relates to financial documents. He repeated violated those requirements. That part of it is undeniable. Even the banks that testified on his behalf acknowledged that he was lying on the docs. There's really no debate about whether or not the violations were happening.

The only debate is about whether or not punishment was deserved for what some term a "victimless crime". I read a really good legal analogy here, that I'm sure you won't really care about.

This is akin to a drunk driver. A driver has a license that allows him to operate a vehicle on publicly owned roads. It comes with certain restrictions. One of those restrictions being that you don't drive drunk. Drunk driving is actionable even if the driver gets home safely. Every time that a drunk driver gets from Point A to Point B without hitting anyone or creating a moving violation, he has engaged in a "victimless crime". That doesn't change the fact that if a cop finds a driver who is actively driving drunk, he can arrest and fine him. It's why they set up checkpoints to catch drunk drivers, even though the drivers haven't hit anyone yet.

Same core concept. The license comes with restrictions, if the state finds that you are violating the restrictions, punishment should and does follow.

For people who spend so much time arguing about law and order, I'm always amazed at how much they don't care about those things.

The first like five posts ITT are 100% those types of people

It would be concerning if they weren't such impotent losers.
100 percent.....The Sweet and Sour Sniffles "Pandemic" exposed those type of people and now they have to go back to "Orange Man Bad".... This board is full of a bunch of muppets that are the products of Morning Joe and Rachel Maddows love child.

Trump has a license to engage in business in NY. That license comes with specific reporting requirements as it relates to financial documents. He repeated violated those requirements. That part of it is undeniable. Even the banks that testified on his behalf acknowledged that he was lying on the docs. There's really no debate about whether or not the violations were happening.

The only debate is about whether or not punishment was deserved for what some term a "victimless crime". I read a really good legal analogy here, that I'm sure you won't really care about.

This is akin to a drunk driver. A driver has a license that allows him to operate a vehicle on publicly owned roads. It comes with certain restrictions. One of those restrictions being that you don't drive drunk. Drunk driving is actionable even if the driver gets home safely. Every time that a drunk driver gets from Point A to Point B without hitting anyone or creating a moving violation, he has engaged in a "victimless crime". That doesn't change the fact that if a cop finds a driver who is actively driving drunk, he can arrest and fine him. It's why they set up checkpoints to catch drunk drivers, even though the drivers haven't hit anyone yet.

Same core concept. The license comes with restrictions, if the state finds that you are violating the restrictions, punishment should and does follow.

For people who spend so much time arguing about law and order, I'm always amazed at how much they don't care about those things.
Re: the punishment, Trump and his team did themselves no favors by spending all their time insulting the judge, his clerk, and anyone else to the point that a gag order was required, while refusing to even acknowledge any facts of the case (which had already been ruled). The Judge mentioned their complete lack of contrition and inability to admit to any of the obvious, documented errors. Also wrote this:
“Overall, Donald Trump rarely responded to the questions asked, and he frequently interjected long, irrelevant speeches on issues far beyond the scope of the trial," Engoron wrote in his decision. “His refusal to answer the questions directly, or in some cases, at all, severely compromised his credibility.”

I’m no lawyer, but I am guessing that’s a terrible strategy for minimizing the penalty you will face.

Your analogy only makes sense if the cops ignore every other drunk driver on the road and target the one guy they don't like.

😂😂😂

You don’t even know what this is about. The token Trump activist DA armed with a catchy slogan “Art of the Steal” much like Cochran and his catchy slogan with the OJ Simpson case has proved absolutely nothing.

First of all, “Fraudulently inflating assets“ it’s completely irrelevant because 1) the bank decodes the worth that ultimately dictates the business loans 2) assets are subject to FMV, Goodwill, speculation and other qualitative measures.

Not a single wealthy person on earth has ever valued their assets less than banks. To not see this is a Banana Republic level witch hunt you are either a burger flipper or TDS zombie.

Your analogy only makes sense if the cops ignore every other drunk driver on the road and target the one guy they don't like.
Except this DA has not been ignoring other drunk drivers. She's brought similar prosecution against other business entities. They just haven't gotten any political attention.

But based on a quick Westlaw search, I do see opinions about other equitable enforcement actions that Attorney General Letitia James brought under this law against other businesses. In just the last few months, for example, opionions include People by James v. Richmond Capital Group LLC, 80 Misc.3d 1213(A) (N.Y. 2023) (enforcement action against loan sharks, ordering a long list of equitable remedies including canceling contracts); People by James v. Mashinsky, 79 Misc.3d 1237(A) (N.Y. 2023) (refusing to dismiss action brought by James against CEO of crypto company based on alleged scheme to defraud investors by inducing them, through false and misleading statements, to deposit their digital assets with his now-bankrupt company); James v. Scores, 79 Misc.3d 1118 (N.Y. 2023) (enjoining towing company from engaging in predatory towing practices).

😂😂😂

You don’t even know what this is about. The token Trump activist DA armed with a catchy slogan “Art of the Steal” much like Cochran and his catchy slogan with the OJ Simpson case has proved absolutely nothing.

First of all, “Fraudulently inflating assets“ it’s completely irrelevant because 1) the bank decodes the worth that ultimately dictates the business loans 2) assets are subject to FMV, Goodwill, speculation and other qualitative measures.

Not a single wealthy person on earth has ever valued their assets less than banks. To not see this is a Banana Republic level witch hunt you are either a burger flipper or TDS zombie.
You're welcome to your uninformed opinion.

It doesnt matter what trump says or does, he is a victim in the eyes of his servants.

Whether hes grabbing pussy, raping women, paying taxes to russia and china, not paying US taxes, paying for prostitution, belittling US allies while praising dictators.

There is always something else working against him. The politicians, the free press, big tech, the academics, the entertainment industry, democracy itself and now it's the justice system.

And now "da left" is conspiring against a renowned con man who is not even conservative.

It's as trump predicted himself, he could publicly shoot someone and his supporters will stand by him.

It’s the exact opposite. This has nothing to do with Trump, its about the devolvement of the judicial system for partisan hackery. It sets a precedent where political parties in charge can use their DAs to go after political opponents.

The flock of leftist idiots screeching orange man bad don’t know anything about this case and don’t care.

Exhibit A below: TDS Zombie read the word fraudulent and the mouth breathing foam of joy laps it up

And its not my side

It’s the exact opposite. This has nothing to do with Trump, its about the devolvement of the judicial system to weaponized partisan hackery. It sets a precedent where political parties in charge can use their DAs to go after political opponents.

The flock of leftist idiots screeching orange man bad don’t know anything about this case and don’t care.

Exhibit A below: TDS Zombie read the word fraudulent and the mouth breathing foam of joy commences. How would a sub 50 IQ basement dweller be expected to understand the actual basis and precedent of this?

And its not my side

Back