Television TV Show Thread

I re-upped HBO Max purely to catch the last season of Curb but ended up starting the Harley Quinn series, which I'd heard good things about. Two seasons in. Though some of the tonal shifting is a bit much and the self-referential elements can get a bit tiresome, there is some absolutely hilarious stuff in there. And, fundamentally, the characterization and voice work is really good. Lake Bell is particularly awesome as Poison Ivy but Cuoco does great work, too. Tony Hale's character has had some of the funniest moments.

I re-upped HBO Max purely to catch the last season of Curb but ended up starting the Harley Quinn series, which I'd heard good things about. Two seasons in. Though some of the tonal shifting is a bit much and the self-referential elements can get a bit tiresome, there is some absolutely hilarious stuff in there. And, fundamentally, the characterization and voice work is really good. Lake Bell is particularly awesome as Poison Ivy but Cuoco does great work, too. Tony Hale's character has had some of the funniest moments.
I'm usually not into the animation stuff, but I really liked Harley Quinn.

Have you seen the movie In a World...? It was written and directed by Lake Bell. She also stars in it. She's fantastic.

Have you seen the movie In a World...? It was written and directed by Lake Bell. She also stars in it. She's fantastic.

I haven’t yet but in the few things I’ve seen with her or in which she has had a creative hand, I’ve been very impressed. Seems like a real talent who does very good work in multiple genres.

Her line delivery in this Harley show is so damn funny and great, too. Definitely my favorite character on the show.

p20925941_b_h8_ac.jpg

The stylish series, which borders on experimental, puts enormous weight on the shoulders of its 2 main characters, and Colman and Thewlis both deliver great performances.

You'll know rapidly if it's for you or not.

8/10

What the hell happened to Resident Alien. Season 1 was literally laugh out loud funny. The writing was great, everything fit perfect. Season 2 starts and the show is hardly about the Alien anymore. I just finished episode 3 last night and it felt like I was watching a spinoff of another feminist TV movement show.
It's like the writers started with a checklist of every woman issue and put it in the episode. That's where they started, not the plot, not comedy - they just wanted to push messaging, and not put on a good story or push the plot.
I've never watched a show and have it go downhill this fast in my life.

What the hell happened to Resident Alien. Season 1 was literally laugh out loud funny. The writing was great, everything fit perfect. Season 2 starts and the show is hardly about the Alien anymore. I just finished episode 3 last night and it felt like I was watching a spinoff of another feminist TV movement show.
It's like the writers started with a checklist of every woman issue and put it in the episode. That's where they started, not the plot, not comedy - they just wanted to push messaging, and not put on a good story or push the plot.
I've never watched a show and have it go downhill this fast in my life.

it becomes unwatchable... 1st one was truly fun, didnt hesitate to go a bit dark or gorey, a bit nutty or whatever.
2nd is 100% woke feminist merde. Have you yet seen the all girls episode. ...Dont watch it.
One rarely one sees such drastic change but here you go

I watched the second to last Quantum Leap revival episode and the story this season wasn't shit. There's a person in the past he kept leaping to for some reason and she was able to recognize him each time even though his outward appearance was different each time.

Looking forward to Shogun tonight.

Gonna start shogun. Made it through maybe half of episode one so far and am pretty impressed. Costume, cinematography and everything is on point.

Just finished episode two and all I can say is holy shit this is good.

The dialog is spectacular and the acting is excellent. I'm loving every second, this is one of those shows where I hate when an episode ends. I honesty can't remember the last time a show made me feel this way. It makes me wonder why other shows can't be this good, why they almost ALWAYS fail where this one is succeeding.

Last edited:
Trump had a video statement earlier, but I cannot find it!

Also several twitters have posted the constitution part where it highlights how other states can join in a compact with Texas to go around the federal government

With immigration being the #1 issue right now the optics are juicy, along with the discussion of the current border deal, which is absolute garbage

Watched half of Quantum Leap season finale, and it's good...

WATCH IT ON HULU!!!

Will be checking this out this weekend.

Just finished episode two and all I can say is holy shit this is good.

The dialog is spectacular and the acting is excellent. I'm loving every second, this is one of those shows where I hate when an episode ends. I honesty can't remember the last time a show made me feel this way. It makes me wonder why other shows can't be this good, why they almost ALWAYS fail where this one is succeeding.
Yeah I am hoping to watch more of it today or tomorrow. Debating watching on my phone during down time at work or waiting and watching at home on the TV…

What I have seen so far I really like.

I don't know anything about the book or the original series but E1 was really good.

@Dragonlordxxxxx

I'll watch the first two episodes tonight.

I'm so excited to watch this. I put off watching the first two episodes of Shogun because I was still processing Dune 2 and trying to write a review. Will watch Shogun probably tomorrow.

I watched the Richard Chamberlain Shogun miniseries when I was a kid but don't really remember much about it.

Yeah I am hoping to watch more of it today or tomorrow. Debating watching on my phone during down time at work or waiting and watching at home on the TV…

What I have seen so far I really like.
You will want to see the fine naked boobs on the HDTV. It's around the s1e1 midway point.

Back