Television TV Show Thread

@Dragonlordxxxxx I also like Traitors (watched the british version, australian one and the first us season immediatly).
But you have to agree that this format gets old real quick. Time to pull the plug.

And, the civil version works best. The US one is the worst of them all

Is Sexy Beast on Paramount+ Showtime worth watching?

Seems like 4 episodes of Halo Season 2 are on Showtime on Demand.

Last edited:
I watched the first 20 mins of Shogun and turned the damn thing off.

It was too good lol, going to try and wait and binge it all. Hiroyuki Sanada is always gold.

Yeah, it's that good although I'd argue it's good enough to savor and appreciate one episode at a time.

Is Sexy Beast on Paramount+ Showtime worth watching?

Seems like 4 episodes of Halo Season 2 are on Showtime on Demand.

Reviews seem pretty mixed.

As for HALO I completely lost interest.

Yeah, it's that good although I'd argue it's good enough to savor and appreciate one episode at a time.
One episode is never enough when it catches my interest like this. I like to bank several for a binge.

Severance and Andor are the last two that really pulled me in, especially the former.

One episode is never enough when it catches my interest like this. I like to bank several for a binge.

Severance and Andor are the last two that really pulled me in, especially the former.

Yeah, Andor. Fuck yeah.

Severance was fantastic but it wasn't quite as inspiring.

Yeah, Andor. Fuck yeah.

Severance was fantastic but it wasn't quite as inspiring.
Severance had me on the edge of my seat, and when Dylan (chubby black dude)
awoke in his night time body... that was wild.

I liked Andor more, but both were near perfect seasons for me.

Andor's tough to beat, comes together with so much weight, not just for the show, but the original trilogy as well.

That Skarsgård speech.. damn

Just finished season 1 of The Tourist. Dark comedy, drama thriller. I liked it. Cast was good, show was different and interesting.

Finished season 4 True Detective. I know this has really split many viwers. Some find it woke. Some find it poorly executed. I liked it, and even though I had casting issues, it was still better than most stuff out there.

If you are a person that tends to like dark supernatural, Sci Fi, or off beat shit, I recommend:
Archive 81 (Netflix)-- Satanic, Cultish. Sci Fi.
The Gryphon (Amazon)--Fantasy, Drama German.
Dark (Netflix)-German, Sci Fi, Time travel, deep.
All Of Us Are Dead (Netflix)-South Korean, Zombie apocolypse.
Cracow Monsters (Netflix)-Polish, Supernatural thriller.
To The Lake (Netflix)--Russian, post apocalyptic thriller.

Severance had me on the edge of my seat, and when Dylan (chubby black dude)
awoke in his night time body... that was wild.

I liked Andor more, but both were near perfect seasons for me.

Andor's tough to beat, comes together with so much weight, not just for the show, but the original trilogy as well.

That Skarsgård speech.. damn

Every minute of garbage Star Wars was worth it if only because of that speech. When people say something shouldn't be made I say why? It could be great and nobody's forcing you to watch the bad shows.

And don't get me wrong, I loved Severance and that scene was epic, but Andor changed me, it was that good. Just thinking about the funeral scene makes my chest ache, it was perfection. The list of things that were 11/10 is longer than my arm.

Haven't watched Taboo since it was released in 2017, the Tom Hardy series with the Season 2 thats been stuck in development hell and apparently is never going to film.

Might as well view the 1st season as an 8-episode miniseries.

But I was curious if its as good as I remember, and based on the 1st episode, it absolutely is.

OIP.kwqrE0h1Tx0CTHAkQZL3XAHaEK

Its not an HBO series, but sure feels like it is.

Haven't watched Taboo since it was released in 2017, the Tom Hardy series with the Season 2 thats been stuck in development hell and apparently is never going to film.

Might as well view the 1st season as an 8-episode miniseries.

But I was curious if its as good as I remember, and based on the 1st episode, it absolutely is.

OIP.kwqrE0h1Tx0CTHAkQZL3XAHaEK

It’s not an HBO series, but sure feels like it is.
I’ve got use for you

So far this year we have finished:
Criminal Record: This was an ok show. We enjoyed it for the most part and will watch season 2 should it come out. The series finale left us with wanting a bit more closure. We thought it was limited to 1 season.
Fargo S4: We loved this one but again felt the season finale felt flat for some reason.
True Detective: Starting strong before turning into a dumpster fire. Hated season finale.

Currently watching:
Constellation: So far it's not bad, but could fall off.
Shogun: Loved the first 2 episodes

Waiting on:
Three Body Problem: Trying to read the first book as quickly as possible.

Currently watching Extraordinary. I'm really enjoying it but can't recommend it to anyone outside of people who like UK youth shows. It's about a woman in a world where almost everyone has a super power, but not her.

It's pretty raunchy, there's a guy who can make any woman orgasm by touching her but wears gloves because he wants to know it's his skill and not his power... And he's a terrible lover.

Feels a bit like Misfits, but not as dark.

It's not as funny as Powerless, which I absolutely loved, but it's good.

Back