Television TV Show Thread

Just starting Severance, which @HenryFlower recommended. Only on episode 2 - will post reviews as I go through it.

Recently, I went through all of Netfix's MARVEL shows: Luke Cage, The Punisher, Jessica Jones, and Daredevil (I'm still working on this one). Too bad Disney+ didn't decide to continue any of these, they're all pretty good.

I actually like the Rick Grimes Walking Dead spin-off. Had no idea Carl died. How is Maggie still alive?

Downloaded the first season of "3 Body Problem" last night... watched the first episode. From the GoT frontrunners, has an excellent cast and production looks great. May not be everyone's cup of tea, but personally, looks good so far. I will give a better analysis after a few episodes to see where it goes.

** Edit - Having watching two episodes so far, I really like this. So far I found it very well done. I have never read the books this was based upon, so I can't speak to whether or not that makes it better or not. 9 times out of 10 the books are better than adaptations as a result one's own imagination conjuring up concepts or mental images they relate to or enjoy rather than what is presented on screen. Based on Cixin Liu's Remembrance Of Earth's Past trilogy (for those who still read books, lol).

I really like John Bradley's and Benedict Wong's characters and portrayals of them. Eiza Gonzalez has also performed very well, and like most series' laying the foundation for a potential multi-seasonal outing, using flashback scenes were necessary, but don't seem cumbersome to the present story moving forward.

I should also add that by now, I would likely have finished the entire 8 episode first season, but I've been struggling dealing with viral meningitis the past few days, and frankly, it's a bitch. Here's a reasonable Forbes article on what to expect.

Last edited:
Just starting Severance, which @HenryFlower recommended. Only on episode 2 - will post reviews as I go through it.

Recently, I went through all of Netfix's MARVEL shows: Luke Cage, The Punisher, Jessica Jones, and Daredevil (I'm still working on this one). Too bad Disney+ didn't decide to continue any of these, they're all pretty good.
They did bring back the DD and Kingpin actors as well as possibly Karen Page, Foggy, Punisher for the upcoming DD show that they reworked after seeing the episodes they already made sucked.

‘Quiet on Set’ Nickelodeon documentary left out a heap of information for whatever reason. My biggest take away was Dan was a real dickhead, egomaniac which can be said of about 90 percent of people with control in an industry.

ARK
Animated show with a pretty star studded cast. Gerard Butler, Russel Crowe, Michelle Yeoh, Jeffrey Wright, and others.
Interestingish story....people from different time periods wake up on an island that is basically Jurrasic Park...conflict between the groups ensue as they try to unravel the mysteries of the situation.
Not the best of the recent animations that have come out, but not bad.

Anyone else watching HALO Season 2? I'm caught up except for the latest which might be season finale, don't know.

Not enough Master Chief in armor. His team is falling apart. Isn't necessarily Kwan 24/7 this season.

Anyone else watching HALO Season 2? I'm caught up except for the latest which might be season finale, don't know.

Not enough Master Chief in armor. His team is falling apart. Isn't necessarily Kwan 24/7 this season.
He gets his armor back in the E8 (the season finale).

I actually like the Rick Grimes Walking Dead spin-off. Had no idea Carl died. How is Maggie still alive?
There's another spinoff with Daryl in France but I thought it sucked.

As is the 3 Body problem...

Oughta be called Much Ado About Nothing. They made it this quasi-intellectual but really relationship centered drama thats peppered with some sci-fi inbetween. Instead of epic smart, complex morality driven sci.fi. Doesnt have to be lots of fighting & x. But if youre doing mostly dialogues, make it interesting not lovey dovey.
Meh...

If anyone wants a pretty quality anime now on, Ninja Kamui , if a silly comedy for someone a bit baked, The Underdoggs with Snoop :) ... the contrast between Snoop and the kids cursing is hilarious

Last edited:

Don't know if anyone cares. I only watched the pilot and concluded its not for me.

One of the actors committed suicide not that long ago, so, not surprised to hear this.
I think it's a good show, but you have to be in a mind space for it--and, it's likely just not going to be everyone's cup of tea anyways.

I think I watched the HALO Season 2 finale. Wasn't super good. Didn't get the impression they want it to have a 3rd season with this story's performance not making me lust for more. Master Chief looks like Big John McCarthy.

I think I watched the HALO Season 2 finale. Wasn't super good. Didn't get the impression they want it to have a 3rd season with this story's performance not making me lust for more. Master Chief looks like Big John McCarthy.
He was Nick Sobotka in S2 of The Wire.

Nick_Sobotka.jpg

He was Nick Sobotka in S2 of The Wire.

Nick_Sobotka.jpg
<TheWire1>
I've been watching the wire with the gf who hadn't seen it before, we both thought we saw him somewhere recently. It never even dawned on me he was MC.

Loved season one, although I didn't really like Ansel Elgort in the lead.

Rachel Keller singing GnR in Japanese haunts my dreams.

Did you finish S2? I'm on Ep 6 now, slowly been watching it while I have dinner. Samantha still annoys the hell out of me, same as Jake, but everything else is pretty much top notch.

<TheWire1>
I've been watching the wire with the gf who hadn't seen it before, we both thought we saw him somewhere recently. It never even dawned on me he was MC.
He was also a pretty memorable bad guy on SVU about 10 or so years ago.

Started 3 Body Problem. Interesting and different, I am 2 episodes in and I like it. Great cast, some mystery and tech elements I like. I will finish and start The Signal.

Back