Crime Harvard professor says ‘all hell broke loose’ when his study found no racial bias in police shootings

Just say 'oh I was wrong, my bad.'

Save yourself some time and embarrassment.
You mean like you should have done immediately after realizing that the title of this thread has no relationship to the findings of the study in the op? Take the L you fuckin loser. The author of the study handed it to you personally.

they won't. they never do.
How do you lack this much self awareness?

THE AUTHOR OF THIS SHIT STUDY SAID HIS FINDINGS HAVE NOTHING TO DO WITH NATIONAL TRENDS.

admit you were wrong and move tf on.

Just say 'oh I was wrong, my bad.'

Save yourself some time and embarrassment.
Are you talking to yourself?

Just say "oh I was wrong. This was a sensational and misrepresented headline and I got duped because I'm a racist clown that rushed to conclusions not supported by the evidence"

Save yourself some time and embarrassment

Probably explains why some of his colleagues didn't think he should publish the study. 10 cities leaves out a whole lot of nuance and variation. The experience of people in small towns, different cultural areas of the U.S., the difference of policing in mixed areas vs largely white or largely black areas....the fact that it's a one study claiming the opposite of what dozens of other studies have claimed....the list goes on.
Can you please post a few of the studies that show racial bias in police shootings?
I asked @blackheart but he has so far refused.

Can you please post a few of the studies that show racial bias in police shootings?
Oh you mean like this one? That's posted on the first page of the sub forum you're currently in?

You have zero interest in actually understanding the facts. You could find the studies yourself. But you're a racist clown and you're not asking for a citation in good faith.

How do you lack this much self awareness?

THE AUTHOR OF THIS SHIT STUDY SAID HIS FINDINGS HAVE NOTHING TO DO WITH NATIONAL TRENDS.

admit you were wrong and move tf on.
Bro, you're still relatively new here, so I'll give you some life pro tips to make your War Room experience more enjoyable:

They. Don't. Give. A. Fuck. This is it:

A Harvard Professor published a study that said there is no evidence of racial bias in police shootings in the United States. Liberals couldn't handle it, since it goes against their narrative, and like the vermin they are they ruined this man's career for daring to speak the truth. Don't tell me otherwise, fuck you, shutup.

Nah.

I liked your post earlier pointing out that nonone has posted these studies. You're right they haven't.

But this isn't my first rodeo of police violence study discussions. You're asking me to go find studies that I read a decade ago through forum links. I've read em before. I've taken courses in criminal justice and written papers on the effects and biased of stop and frisk. It's out there if you want to educate yourself on it...

But I've almost fucked up thepasta I'm cooking for dinner while I write this to you. Then I have to go finish building out the set up for my work van, plus I still gotta eat... So call it a cop out, but your on your own buddy

Doesn't take away all the issues that have been pointed out with this study. One diverse, low percentage white population gives almost nothing meaningful to. The us police experience

Doesn't take away all the issues that have been pointed out with this study. One diverse, low percentage white population gives almost nothing meaningful to. The us police experience
Here's the US police experience:

When you commit crimes, you will have more interactions with the police, than those who don't. Shocking, I know.

For an example of the demographic problem here:

Across the entire United States, counting all full-time federal law enforcement officers, 61% are non-Hispanic white, as of 2023. Black people are only 10%.

In Houston, I just found these stats: Only 23.7% of the cops are non-Hispanic white, as of 2019. In that police department, black people are almost double white people. Over 40%.

The above study says similar. No results of police racial bias in shootings, but the main issues with this study is...."whether there are problems that manifest themselves differently from place to place.". Info isn't really recorded "For example, the government should rectify the lack of official data that led to the creation of so many private efforts to monitor police killings"

NEXT LINK

This study says more or less what I said "Mounting evidence shows that deaths at the hands of the police disproportionately impact people of certain races and ethnicities, pointing to systemic racism in policing"

NEXT LINK

I found this study through. https://news.yale.edu/2020/10/27/racial-disparity-police-shootings-unchanged-over-5-years

According to the Yale site
"Using information from a national database compiled and maintained by The Washington Post, researchers found that victims identifying as Black, Indigenous, or People of Color (BIPOC), whether armed or unarmed, had significantly higher death rates compared with whites. And those numbers remained relatively unchanged from 2015 to May 2020. The report appears in the Oct. 27 edition of the Journal of Epidemiology and Public Health."

These are like, the first three results for googling
"police shooting minorities studies". If you want to educate yourself on the society you live in you can.

I've done shit like this before. I've never had someone give a meaningful response to me taking the time out of my day....let's see if it's different this time.

When you commit crimes, you will have more interactions with the police, than those who don't. Shocking, I know.
The depth and breadth of your knowledge of the U.S. experience never ceases to amaze me, Canadian.

The depth and breadth of your knowledge of the U.S. experience never ceases to amaze me, Canadian.
Yeah, it's just all a big conspiracy that black neighborhoods are policed far more than any other due to rampant crime, and will lead to more police interactions.

It's the same shit over here, bud, and it ain't the fault of "white supremacy", or whatever other bullshit excuse you want to make for a community that refuses to get their shit together.

I have had three cops pin me to a truck, search me, point a gun at my dog, tell me they'd shoot him....my crime....letting my dog run free in a 10 acre empty field right before bed with no signs regulating time to access the field or any barrier to the giant open field.

I didn't want that experience even once.

You don't live in the US.

-sincerely, a white Canadian guy that has zero knowledge of the black experience in America.

Yeah, it's just all a big conspiracy that black neighborhoods are policed far more than any other due to rampant crime, and will lead to more police interactions.

It's the same shit over here, bud, and it ain't the fault of "white supremacy", or whatever other bullshit excuse you want to make for a community that refuses to get their shit together.
Controlling for the same levels of crime, black people are more likely to be arrested and more likely to experience police violence. Again - controlling for criminality rates. Derppppp

the data also determined that officers were 23.8 percent less likely to shoot at blacks and 8.5 percent less likely to shoot at Hispanics than they were to shoot at whites

Interesting, 23 percent seems a bit too high. But I did figure they tend to hesitate with with blacks nowadays. 10% less likely seems more accurate to me, give or take a few percentage

I have had three cops pin me to a truck, search me, point a gun at my dog, tell me they'd shoot him....my crime....letting my dog run free in a 10 acre empty field right before bed with no signs regulating time to access the field or any barrier to the giant open field.
Yeah, that totally sounds legit. I'm sure they just found a dog wandering around, and immediately zeroed on the owner and proceeded to fuck them up. Uh-huh. Why don't you fill in blanks there, bud? If you're not completely making the story up, that is...

When liberals are presented with facts, from an authoritarian figure they side with, facts that are not favorable to privileged status, facts they don’t agree with.

This thread:

Back