Why Couldn't Fedor Beat Bader?

It felt like to me his reaction/timing was off. He was simply just too slow. I don't think it was so much the chin but just not having the reaction time to avoid the shots.

He mentioned after the 2nd fight how he needed a lot of time to warm up in his old age and that felt Bellator rushed him out. I don't think the fight would have went any differently but it does show that age was affecting him.

Fedor and Anderson are the 2 GOATs of MMA. They had the highest peaks and longest title reigns. Had they retired on top like GSP or Khabib, a lot of stupid MMA fans would hold them in higher regard. It's opposite for me. I hold Fedor and Anderson in higher regard for fighting into their 40's after 40+ fights. The losses don't matter. They weren't scared to compete and take the risk of losing.
I won't get into "who's the GOAT" discussions, but GSP did FAR more than Khabib. He won the WW belt twice and defended it 9 times. No WW has come close to that. He also won his last few fights after having ACL injuries/surgeries and was clearly not his prime self like he was in 2008-9, but still fought and won anyway. And while he gets criticized for coming back and fighting a weak MW champ in Bisping, that was still a risky fight. Bisping was easily a weight class bigger and coming off a win over prime Rockhold. And GSP came off like a 4-year layoff.

Khabib beat Al Iaquinta (certainly not the best LW) to win his title and fought 3 more strikers (who all basically posed the same threat) for title defenses. He retired when he was barely 32. GSP fought a wide variety of opponents--grapplers (including 6 or 7 D1 wrestlers), strikers and guys like Hendricks with dangerous hands and strong wrestling.

I can see arguments for GSP, Anderson and Jones for UFC GOAT, but Khabib didn't do nearly enough. He didn't even break the LW record for title defenses. BJ Penn, Frankie and Bendo are tied with 3 title defenses as well.

He should’ve stayed retired after besting Rizzo. Fedor had nothing for Bader either time he fought him.

We’re not really talking about “Fedor” when you’re talking about any fights after 2012 when he retired originally.
This

Straight punches are faster than slow hooks. Prime Fedor was really quick for a HW but speed and reaction are the first to go out the window.

His body can't endure the mma training and fighting anymore. His lower back was gone years ago. That's it.

Because Fedor has an unofficial losing record against MW's and LHW's. Twice he got bailed out by judges, Bader didn't take any chances. One soft jab and boom.

It got to the point if you could reach that chin it was a wrap.

Having Bader as your HW champion is a poor reflection of your promotion.

Why do you have to ask? Did you watch the fight?

Please. He was fighting a career LHW. I guess that was his excuse against MW Hendo, too, who barely weighed 206 for the fight and was 6 years older than Fedor.
Compared to Ferreira Fedor is pretty tiny though. Wasnt this what this thread was about?

because strikeforce has drug testing
hes weak in a drug testing org

32 years old
90 percent of his wins where japanese pro wrestlers

they say youd look like a god fighting cans
And the remaining 10% against the very best HWs including former UFC champs. Do you not understand how stupid it sounds when you focus on the cans and not on the objectively elite HWs he beat? Must be hard trying to act that delusional.

🤡

Fedor was 2 months from turning 35 years old when he fought Hendo you dishonest internet chump.

Morons like you think Shogun was still in his prime at 32 years old, completely disregarding the injuries and mileage he had.

Fedor was on a nasty skid and had lost 2 in a row and took a lot of damage in his fight with Bigfoot just 5 months before he fought Hendo. Hendo is an all time great who was on a tear and melting guys so much that he went to the UFC and beat up Shogun and got a title shot against Jon Jones after he beat Fedor. That's not a "grandpa" it's a peaking all time great.

You try to spin it like losing to a legend like Henderson 10+ years into your career is some kind of embarrassment. Smh.

It's amazing how Fedor is universally respected by fighters and combat athletes all over the world but the losers on sherdog who can't do 5 pull ups need to shit on him in every thread.

Low vibrational internet losers.

🤡
fedor was 32 years old when he looked like a b level fighter in a drug testing org

hes 34 years old when he fought grandpa hendo (basicaly your lying)
hes 33 when he started losing literally young for a HW

your lying when you said hes 35 when he fought grandpa hendo

can we just agree that he looked like a b level fighter in a drug testing org?
jon jones on the other hand strangles HW's the same age fedor went losing
jon jones basicaly fought monsters all his life
dont talk about competition
Untitled.png

please dont lie

fedor was 32 years old when he looked like a b level fighter in a drug testing org

hes 34 years old when he fought grandpa hendo (basicaly your lying)
hes 33 when he started losing literally young for a HW

your lying when you said hes 35 when he fought grandpa hendo

can we just agree that he looked like a b level fighter in a drug testing org?
jon jones on the other hand strangles HW's the same age fedor went losing
jon jones basicaly fought monsters all his life
dont talk about competition
View attachment 1031603

please dont lie

🤡

Fedor should have quit fighting in 2014-15 imo.

Fedor couldn't escape mount and instead started punching from the bottom against big foot Silva it was then I knew it was over

The same can be said about 45 year old Glover, Journey man Jan and no ground game Jamal Hill at LHW.

Bader gets a lot of hate but his list of wins is amazing. Damn near world class.
Glover is legit and has fought like everyone. I have no idea how him being champ made the promotion look bad. He was on a title run beating everyone in his early 40's and went to war, nearly defending his belt against Jiri who was a HUGE favorite.

Back