Social Outrage over Maine lavishing $34M on 'Taj Mahal' apartments for asylum seekers and welcoming 75,000 newcomers this decade while leaving veterans and h

If they are ileagl they shouldn't be getting any housing or anything else.

Not going to happen with democrats in charge for sure.

Republicans feet should be held to the fire to make them fix this where they are the majority.
So your plan for those folks is to...what? Cut them loose? Ignore due process? Complain about a problem you dont want to sincerely address?

Deport them. They are here ileagly.

They should have been stoped at the border.

Last edited:
Totally unsustainable, absurd behavior. I have no idea what the motivation is for this latest liberal abomination of policy but I assure you it is not compassion.

Deport them. They are here ileagly.

They should have been stoped at the border.
So no due process and instant violation of some rather important treaties the US is party to.

How exactly do you plan to instantly know whether or not someone is here illegally or has a claim to asylum and a myriad other complexities?

So no due process and instant violation of some rather important treaties the US is party to.

How exactly do you plan to instantly know whether or not someone is here illegally or has a claim to asylum and a myriad other complexities?
Treaties that actively hurt the American people aren't worth upholding.

Treaties that actively hurt the American people aren't worth upholding.
Even assuming the very questionable notion that immigration hurts the country over all, then vote to withdraw from the treaties.

You're putting the cart before the horse here...almost like the GOP doesn't have the votes for it or even the political will to try and functionally govern anymore.

they don't just appear here, they went through other countries they should stay in

sorry, no vacancies

This is the ugly side of politics. Where people get used and abused so some politician somewhere else can make a speech.

If you suddenly dump the asylum seekers in states that aren't normal recipients of them then the states have to do something. I know that the simple minded think that all of the money comes out of the same pot but it doesn't.

The asylum seekers are a federal problem so the money for them is going to ultimately come out of the federal immigration coffers. Essentially, the states pay for the housing out of emergency funds and then DHS or another federal agency reimburses them for it. Why? Because the asylum seekers have to be housed while they wait for their status hearings.

Vets and the homeless are not federal problems so the money for them is going to come from what Maine actually has. And that, unfortunately, tends to be less than what the fed is setting aside.

This is ugly politics because the people pushing the "You're helping them over Americans" narrative are taking advantage of how little Americans understand about how this type of issue gets funded. Americans are thinking their states just aren't ponying up the cash for Americans and spending it on refugees when this is actually funded through federal emergency programs but implemented via the states.

Divisive stuff.

Where does the federal government get the money?

If you don't claim asylum at the border then you should not be able to try and claim it if you are caught.

We are talking ileagls they have no right to be in this country. Deport them. No jobs, no nothing other the emergency medical care only.

Is this a joke I am unaware of or did you come up with the absolute worst misspelling of illegal?

Typing on my phone so I didn't proof read.

You have no problem understanding what I was posting.

Typing on my phone so I didn't proof read.

You have no problem understanding what I was posting.
You repeating the mistake in multiple forms is what I found remarkable. If it was a one off I wouldn't have said anything, but seeing that you really thought it was "ileagl" was kinda wild.

You repeating the mistake in multiple forms is what I found remarkable. If it was a one off I wouldn't have said anything, but seeing that you really thought it was "ileagl" was kinda wild.

Some some reason my phones spell check will see this as a correct spelling. It will correct it to that spelling.

Some some reason my phones spell check will see this as a correct spelling. It will correct it to that spelling.
I feel like my autocorrect has gotten worse in recent months. Anyone else noticing this?

I feel like my autocorrect has gotten worse in recent months. Anyone else noticing this?

Mine has but I can't figure out if I've done something to screw it up or some update did something.

Most likely I've done something.

Back