Social Outrage over Maine lavishing $34M on 'Taj Mahal' apartments for asylum seekers and welcoming 75,000 newcomers this decade while leaving veterans and h

I hate to break it to you, but Canada and Mexico, are in fact, two different countries.
it's not an agreement that canadians can't come to America

it's saying you can not apply for asylum in America is you passed through a safe country

this isn't a pot to piss in, there are laws, rules to go by, it's not a free for all. we should deal with Americans, fuck the rest of the world, this was a once great nation, now it's full of homeless,

I bet your parents hate you

it's not an agreement that canadians can't come to America

it's saying you can not apply for asylum in America is you passed through a safe country
It's an agreement that if you are a refugee to either Canada or the US, you must apply in the first country you reached. There are also exceptions to this. Are you trying to claim that these refugees in Maine violated this agreement?
we should deal with Americans, fuck the rest of the world, this was a once great nation, now it's full of homeless,
Odd how this nation's greatness oddly correlates with its historical acceptance of migrants (legal or not) and refugees. By your logic, the US should have rejected a huge chunk of the refugees its taken in over the centuries.
I bet your parents hate you
They actually are quite fond of me. Try not to project, good sir, and remember, use your big boy feeling worlds and take deep breathes.

It's an agreement that if you are a refugee to either Canada or the US, you must apply in the first country you reached. There are also exceptions to this. Are you trying to claim that these refugees in Maine violated this agreement?

Odd how this nation's greatness oddly correlates with its historical acceptance of migrants (legal or not) and refugees. By your logic, the US should have rejected a huge chunk of the refugees its taken in over the centuries.

They actually are quite fond of me. Try not to project, good sir, and remember, use your big boy feeling worlds and take deep breathes.
they are not refugees

its all military aged MEN

holy fuck you are dumb

The US has no obligation to house illegals. In this country people need to find their own way.

One could argue it’s inhumane but if that’s the discussion how about the homeless Americans especially the vets
the lines at the VA are worse than in Canada where they offer to just kill you

The US has no obligation to house illegals. In this country people need to find their own way.
So how do you get people to show up to their court date if you don't house them?
One could argue it’s inhumane but if that’s the discussion how about the homeless Americans especially the vets
The homeless epidemic is so awful because Americans so frequently refuse to let the government help, whether it's building more housing or shelters. There is ample funding to address homeless, just pitiful political will.

I suppose you could also make the argument its unethical to show up to another country and exploit their laws and welfare system. Besides, American culture has always been its up the individual to make their own way.

The same way everyone else shows up to their court hearing.
You realize part of why housing is provided is because it makes it more likely that applicants show up to their hearings, which can take months or years.

You'd think if you want to make sure people don't skip trial you know where they live...

You realize part of why housing is provided is because it makes it more likely that applicants show up to their hearings, which can take months or years.

You'd think if you want to make sure people don't skip trial you know where they live...
So according to you, everyone that has a court date should get taxpayer funded housing to make sure they show up?

Back