News JDM purchases home in Perth before decisive win at UFC299

Poor Jack the taxes on everything and food prices in Perth are ultra painful. Place + wife looks like he's doing good.

Likely a reflection of the boring nature of my home city, but this made the news here.​

https://thewest.com.au/news/wa/hous...-leeming-home-ahead-of-miami-fight-c-13776300 (paywalled)

What I will say is that JDM is an awesome fighter and is ready to break into title contention with a win over Giblert Burns in a few weeks @ 299. WAR JDM. I believe he can keep it standing, avoid the grapplefuck, and KO burns late in the 3rd. JDM is an awesome fighter and well deserves the respect he is getting.

Article:​

House That! Pro MMA fighter Jack Della Maddalena purchases Leeming home ahead of Miami fight​

Pro MMA fighter Jack Della Maddalena will front the biggest fight of his life in Miami in a few weeks’ time, but he has already had a major win on the home front.

Pro MMA fighter Jack Della Maddalena will front the biggest fight of his life in Miami in a few weeks’ time, but he has already had a major win on the home front.
The world No.11 in the UFC welterweight division has recently beat the rental trap and become a first-time homeowner with wife Michelle.
The pair purchased a three-bedroom, two-bathroom home in Leeming for $560,000, after renting the property for some time.
It is hard to imagine Della Maddalena in the suburbs, given he is usually photographed inside the ring, often in glamourous places like Las Vegas and Miami.

But he occasionally shares a glimpse inside ‘Chez Della Maddalena’ with his 100,000 Instagram followers.
One image of him training next to his cream brick home and the garden’s tin fence, with a power line and gum tree in the background, prompted one fan to post: “Classic Perth lookin’ backyard.”
Della Maddalena has long been a south-of-the-river type, having previously attended nearby Aquinas College and trained at Willetton’s Scrappy MMA gym.

Jack and Michelle Della Maddalena.

Jack and Michelle Della Maddalena.

He has since risen to dizzying heights and is now regarded as one of the most exciting prospects in the entire UFC.
The biggest fight of his life is coming up on March 10, against World No.4 and former title contender Gilbert Burns in Florida.
If he wins, it will put him in the frame to fight welterweight champion Leon Edwards.

The world No.11 in the UFC welterweight division has recently beat the rental trap and become a first-time homeowner with wife Michelle.

The world No.11 in the UFC welterweight division has recently beat the rental trap and become a first-time homeowner with wife Michelle. Credit: supplied

The pair purchased a three-bedroom, two-bathroom home in Leeming for $560,000, after renting the property for some time.

He and his wife, who bought at the end of last year, are among the falling number of first home buyers in WA as entry-level buyers struggle with high interest rates.

It is hard to imagine Della Maddalena in the suburbs, given he is usually photographed inside the ring, often in glamourous places like Las Vegas and Miami.

It is hard to imagine Della Maddalena in the suburbs, given he is usually photographed inside the ring, often in glamourous places like Las Vegas and Miami. Credit: supplied

He and his wife, who bought at the end of last year, are among the falling number of first home buyers in WA as entry-level buyers struggle with high interest rates.
Honestly considering the housing market in Perth rn I’m surprised that he can afford it on a UFC contract lol.

Good for him - everyone should strive for home ownership. I live in Toronto - $560,000 will get you an 800 sqft condo. A house at that price does not exist in Toronto - maybe 8 years ago, but not now.

Nice looking family, good for him looks like he's doing well.

Shameful that a top 15 welterweight can't even get a house in Applecross or Peppermint Grove, or even Hillarys for that matter!

My broke 9-5 ass has the same house value as his.

Nice place. As for fighting I'm not sold on him. Burns is a good fight and would be a good win but at Burns' age and coming off an injury I'm not sure how much a win will do for me but will boost his stick for sure. That short notice splitty in which I thought he lost then another controversial one vs Holland kinda makes me question how good he is TBH>

I live in Willetton where Jack Della lived and trains

He heard a Sherdogger lives in the area and didn't want that smoke

6155 WHAT?!

Nice place. As for fighting I'm not sold on him. Burns is a good fight and would be a good win but at Burns' age and coming off an injury I'm not sure how much a win will do for me but will boost his stick for sure. That short notice splitty in which I thought he lost then another controversial one vs Holland kinda makes me question how good he is TBH>

The Holland one wasn't close. He beat him comfortably because Holland struggles with power.

The one before was a good example of MMA being scored correctly. I see the argument, but old matey literally just wrestled and it no longer scores in MMA like it used to.

Good on him for scoring some cheap and decent real estate

Back