Fights where a Fighter fought through extreme adversity or injury

I dont care enough to look up the fight, but it seems like that would be a technical submission for Newton just the same as merab vs ricky simon.

Sometimes things like that slip through. Maynard vs. Emerson, for example, was considered a No Contest. Maynard slammed Emerson, hurting his ribs and causing him to tap out, but Maynard spiked his own head and knocked himself out at the same time.

Rich Franklin broke his arm blocking a kick from Liddell but managed to knock him out before the fight would've been stopped between rounds.

1243658729.0.jpg
TJ-shoulder.jpg

Pico shoulder injury vs Kennedy.

TJ shoulder injury vs Aljo.

Danny Williams once won a fight by KO despite having a dislocated shoulder.

I can’t remember either fighter’s name or weight class but all I remember was the fighter who won was fighting a Brazilian fighter and the fight was in the UFC.

Brazilian fighter was pulverizing guy for two rounds straight — on the feet, on the ground, everywhere.

Near the end of the second round, the brazilian fighter started showing serious fatigue and look completely exhausted when he returned to his corner and sat on the stool.

Come the 3rd round, brazilian fighter is completely gassed and the fighter who, in my eyes, had a 10-8 round at some point, sensed his opponent was gassed and got his second wind and ended up tko’ing the brazilian fighter.

It was a HUGE comeback and I think I recall the fighter who won saying he had or felt like he had broken both his hands in the fight.

If somebody can recall this fight you’re a fuckin nerd — but props to being able to pick out what fight i’m describing with such limited info.
Well sounds like when Nicolas Dalby fought Gabriel Bonfim, Nov 2023, UFC Fight Night 231 - Almeida vs. Lewis. Great fight by Dalby

Chandler vs Primus - fought with foot drop foot from a calf kick, but lost by doctor stoppage.

Hyun Gyu Lim vs Saffedeine - lost but survived and nearly got a TKO/KO, despite barely being able to stand due to leg kicks. Dropped twice in the 3rd round with leg kicks. Maybe some refs would've stopped it that round. Then dropped twice in the fourth by a leg kick and knee. Dropped by a leg kick in the 5th, but badly hurt Saffedeine and won the 5th round on two scorecards - Saffedeine may have been finished if the round was a little longer.

Well sounds like when Nicolas Dalby fought Gabriel Bonfim, Nov 2023, UFC Fight Night 231 - Almeida vs. Lewis. Great fight by Dalby
This isn’t the fight but I do recall this one and still impressed that you were able to conjure up this fight from my pretty nondescript recollection

Eddie A battling back after inflating his face by blowing his nose in Melendez fight. At altitude in Mexico.

most recently mark coleman vs that fire

Khabib vs Conor.

Khabib had seizures all week and still smashed McGregor.

I think Aldo vs Faber was more proof of his toughness. Although it's a tough call because brown knocked him out B4 that so that fear while having 2 broken hands is there. But having a monster kicking your legs and you can't stand anymore is arguably scarier.

Although it was only one round, Varner limped around for an uncomfortable amount of time on two broken bones and torn ligaments.

Supposedly glass-jawed Arlovski got his jaw broken by Rumble of all people in the first round (technically after the round should have been over, but the timekeeper fucked up and gave some extra seconds) and still went 2 more rounds to meet the scorecards

Josh emmett against tuck.broke his finger and finished the round to win the fight.Rampage getting ax kicked from the bottom against arona and basically koed then holding on and eventually slamming arona unconscious

Back