Fights where a Fighter fought through extreme adversity or injury

Forrest won a fight with a broken arm

Rich Franklin kod Chuck after getting his arm broken

Rich Franklin beat the everloving shit out of The Crow with a broken hand and foot. Gurgels coaching between rounds was brilliant - Don´t worry, it will go numb in a minute.

Dan Hooker against everyone haha! His last fight with Turner sure ticks the box. Broken arm and pummeled for 2 rounds if I remember correctly. Came back and won, no quit in this guy. Zero.

I guess Franklin broke his arm against Liddell, too, and still KO’d him with it. Or Liddell broke it for him, but anyway.

Dustin Poirier has to dig deep often, but I’m sure there are countless better examples that I can’t think of right now.

Sean O'Malley won against Soukhamthat with only one leg.

7n4xf48z11k01.gif
Dude had the opportunity of lifetime to tell his friends "I beat that guy" instead lost a decision lmao

Hermansson dislocated his rib against Thales Leites and then came out the next round and KOed him.

Funny part if you speak their language, Goddard tells his cornerman "He's hurt! Find out what it is" and the corner just goes "yes yes" and then proceeds to yell at Hermansson "FORGET ABOUT THE PAIN THERE IS NO PAIN"

Rob against Yoel

Yoel was undefeated @ MW, murking mofos left and right. Rob tears his MCL in 1st round, goes down 0-2 and then wins the next 3 rounds on one good leg against a freak athlete monster in Yoel to win title. He also had to defend close to 20 TDs and stuffed almost all of them against an Olympic wrestler.

Anthony dislocates his shoulder completely defending a double. You can see how bad it was. Got out of knee on belly. Got up and KOd the guy with a head kick

Pettis doesn't get brought up enough in the toughest fighters ever convo I don't know why. Maybe all the flash in his style. His chin is one of the best ever too still hasn't been cracked.

Igor near beat Enson to death,he could have tapped out at any time during that and it would be understood....and when the doctors stopped it between rounds, he kept yelling "nooo!!!!"

Even the murderous japanese officials knew they couldnt let him go out there for another one.

He considers him not quitting to be the greatest moment of his life.

Urijah Faber with TWO BROKEN HANDS

Winging fucking elbows for the last 2 rounds against Mike Thomas Brown and then nearly submitting him, but he couldn't hold the choke with TWO BROKEN HANDS.
Amazing shit. Also if that wasn't enough,the Aldo fight. It I had to go to war,id call butt-chin any day

I remember Grey Maynard beating the dog shit out of Frankie Edgar for an entire round and somehow Frankie survived and got the win. There were multiple times that fight could have been stopped during that onslaught, Frankie looked like a baby giraffe on ice for the entire round.

Franklin broke his arm blocking a kick from Chuck and went on to knock him out

For me, nothing comes close to Karolina K staying in the Yan fight with the eye injury she had. Cant believe she finished the fight, and can't believe she returned to fight again after that injury.

Sandhagen tore TJ's knee with a leglock in the first round but TJ kept pushing for 5 rounds and got the W. Granted it was a controversial decision, still a helluva performance by the snake.

I can’t remember either fighter’s name or weight class but all I remember was the fighter who won was fighting a Brazilian fighter and the fight was in the UFC.

Brazilian fighter was pulverizing guy for two rounds straight — on the feet, on the ground, everywhere.

Near the end of the second round, the brazilian fighter started showing serious fatigue and look completely exhausted when he returned to his corner and sat on the stool.

Come the 3rd round, brazilian fighter is completely gassed and the fighter who, in my eyes, had a 10-8 round at some point, sensed his opponent was gassed and got his second wind and ended up tko’ing the brazilian fighter.

It was a HUGE comeback and I think I recall the fighter who won saying he had or felt like he had broken both his hands in the fight.

If somebody can recall this fight you’re a fuckin nerd — but props to being able to pick out what fight i’m describing with such limited info.

Sounds like Neil Magny vs. Hector Lombard

Hooker did almost finish Dustin when they first fought and then Dustin put him in the hospital

Korean Zombie was up 3 rounds to 1 against Yair, and Yair steals the fight in literally the last second of the 5th round

tumblr_pi0n7my8Br1udfb8oo1_500.gif

Back