Social University of Florida fires all DEI employees, halts contracts

Should american education move away from DEI initiatives?

• Yes, they are toxic for society.

Votes: 86 89.6%
  • No, they are good for society.

Votes: 10 10.4%

• Total voters
Every normal, compassionate human can handle what you’re saying.

No organization needs bloated departments of phony “experts” who are there to “do the work” (they do no work at all).

tbh admin brings in more money than researchers most of the time

Where do you think donations come from?

man, the DEI people are so creepy.
You must want blacks back in chains again or something for not supporting this DEI virtue signaling propaganda

Look at the wonderful examples of how it shapes people's views and opinions. They must be so happy

oh and this guy who was happy about the injury

DEI is just a big mess of virtue signaling, as it often involves evaluating individuals based on factors like skin color or background. However, I believe that true progress lies in moving away from such judgments and striving for a society where everyone is viewed as equals, irrespective of race or background. This approach fosters genuine inclusivity and harmony.
And that would benefit white savior liberals how, exactly?

You must want blacks back in chains again or something for not supporting this DEI virtue signaling propaganda

Look at the wonderful examples of how it shapes people's views and opinions. They must be so happy

oh and this guy who was happy about the injury

The student who bragged about injuring a conservative patient is a psychopath.
remember that skold guy? he'd be capable of that.

Last edited:
Yea because DEI classes is what doctors should be learning. Here's an example from UCLA that someone reported to daily wire.

If I ever have to have heart surgery, I will make sure the doctor knows all the pronouns out there, has a non-binary kid and knows white people are evil

Did you just try and shove above of Shapiro vids down my throat? Was Tucker taking a day off from your right click paste? Bannon? Alex Jones?

whats not to love about florida? it's hot and humid, and donald trump lives there. plus it's got alligators and crocodiles. and all the dumb shit happens over there. they also have 2 NHL hockey teams but i don't think anybody who lives in florida even knows that.
It's a state of geriatrics. Mentally as well as physically...and regardless of age with the former.

He actually didn't quote you or tag you in the posts that YOU are whining about. You were butting in, actually.
Were you involved before? Do you know even who Shapiro is? I'm in the thread, if you recall.

It's cute how people act like most DEI junk doesn't just perpetuate the division it claims to want to remove.
It does exactly that and I'm glad certain people get triggered by Florida and their policies...but yet everyone wants to keep moving there. DEI hires are proving time and time again how unqualified they are for the positions they are "given" and didn't earn on merit.

If i remember correctly, this was already discussed in the past and it's coming.
personally, i think it's a great decision, the identity politics grifters are a plague on anything, especially education.

"UF fired 13 full-time diversity, equity and inclusion positions and ended 15 administrative appointments for faculty Friday. It also eliminated the office of the Chief Diversity Officer and ended DEI contracts with outside vendors, according to a Friday memo.

The memo follows a 2023 Florida statute prohibiting the university from spending state or federal funds on DEI initiatives, which was approved by the Florida Board of Governors in its final form Jan. 24.
The about $5 million that was previously allocated to DEI expenses will now fund faculty recruitment.
The office’s website listed it had three employees including CDO Marsha McGriff, Farrah Harvey and Wilma Rogers.

The memo did not disclose the future of the Center for Inclusion and Multicultural Engagement, which received over $400,000 in the 2022-2023 UF operating budget, 85% of which was state-funded. The center oversees offices for Asian, Black, Hispanic and LGBTQ+ student engagement.

Employees fired will receive a 12-week severance pay and can apply for other positions within the university. Hiring for those employees will be fast-tracked, the memo added.

“The University of Florida is — and will always be — unwavering in our commitment to universal human dignity,” the memo said. “As we educate students by thoughtfully engaging a wide range of ideas and views, we will continue to foster a community of trust and respect for every member of the Gator Nation.”

i chose this link because "The Independent Florida Alligator" might be the best name of a news organization in existence.

this is the memo:
I'm disappointed in you. The image in this picture is not diverse. The U. of Florida is a public university. I would expect some anger from you over the lack of diversity in the image. :confused:

Did you just try and shove above of Shapiro vids down my throat? Was Tucker taking a day off from your right click paste? Bannon? Alex Jones?
Apparently, understanding his reporting on emails and programs from UCLA is too challenging for you, but hey, you seem to share something in common with people in Germany in the 1930s—they were also very selective about their sources. What a fantastic approach to subjects and knowledge: burying one's head in the sand.

Back