Media Benoît Saint Denis clean-shaven in the French Military

aXneqBk.jpeg

I think BSD probably wins this fight against Poirier. Poirier is on a bit of a downward slope and whilst he has a ton of heart and toughness..... BSD majors in that too.

As much as I've always been a big fan and supporter of Dustin, this could be the end of his career. He has talked about it a bit.

BSD via ref's stoppage somewhere deep in the 4th or 5th.

BSD is a throw down berserker type of fighter but I'm not seeing the truly elite skill, he may very well get KO'd in this matchup. I think the loss to Geathje gave Dustin a wake up call about whether he's still hungry or not, and by taking this fight I think he is.

Benoit could take Poirier down at will if he wants …

But I think he’ll be looking to drop Dustin early

Such a good matchup - a finish is incoming for sure

I think BSD probably wins this fight against Poirier. Poirier is on a bit of a downward slope and whilst he has a ton of heart and toughness..... BSD majors in that too.

As much as I've always been a big fan and supporter of Dustin, this could be the end of his career. He has talked about it a bit.

That's not a bad prediction, IMHO.

BSD would be seem very unlikely to be negatively impacted by the moment...the pressure of his first huge fight and a big opportunity to leap into title contention with an impressive win.

I don't think Poirier's experience in MMA and under the big lights are nearly the advantage they would be against a typical 'up-and-comer' type and it is really going to come down to how their skill sets and game plans match up on that particular night.

I like both guys, and just hope for a good, competitive fight...but my gut says BSD takes it inside the distance too.

BSD is a throw down berserker type of fighter but I'm not seeing the truly elite skill, he may very well get KO'd in this matchup. I think the loss to Geathje gave Dustin a wake up call about whether he's still hungry or not, and by taking this fight I think he is.
Yeah I don't get people who say Dustin isn't hungry anymore, why would he take a fight like this then. I think he's hungry enough to put in good work here

I'm rooting for Porier too but like Volk, he's 35 and facing a young up and comer with a ton of momentum. He has a lot at stake here while BSD has nothing to lose and will come out guns blazing.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JonSable
Back