*** Anthony Joshua vs. Francis Ngannou Aftermath Discussion MEGA THREAD ***

So, the boxing venture is over for good? I was expecting him to lose, but not this way, even potentially shocking the world to one point, but now...who else is there that he could potentially beat? Wilder wont even give him the time of day, he wants AJ even after being beat, Parker or Zang? Those are two super tough matchups for him, but it wont be as the main event, he would be in the undercard of Fury or AJ, considering how he lost tho...it will take a while.

Potentially over, Ferreira just licked his chops watching this, considering he is waiting for Ngannou, this might happen during 2024 if Ngannou cant land a high profile boxing fight.

Last edited:
AJ didn't even celebrate, feeling all that pressure then going in there and just dropping Ngannou a few times then a final kill shot

Well anyone knows AJ has power,but its also the technique and Francis lack of fundamental defence to deal with that kind of power.

Yeh it’s a combination of things. Elite level boxers are going to get there chins tested more than arguably any other combat sports athlete, just to the nature of the sport.

You could see from Ngannou’s face after the first KD that it was…a new experience for him.

Ref probably should have stopped it after the 2nd knockdown. Ngannou was out cold before he hit the ground and his head bounced off the canvas.

I think also he didn't even see it coming. So it's the "oh shit, I got dropped and I don't even know what the fuck it was... this ain't gonna be good"

That’s a huge part of punch power.

Maybe these guys could hit one do those static punch machines with just as much force, but delivering it to another elite fighter? No contest.

MMA fans love to imagine "What If" scenarios where MMA fighters use their entire skillsets instead of analyzing fights based on how they'll *actually* happen based on the fighters involved and how they *actually* fight.

Randy was always going to take down Toney and avoid striking with him entirely. Ngannou is going to strike with a boxer. That's how he fights.

Ngannou is only shooting for a TD AFTER he gets lit up on the feet. And we saw tonight just how quickly that might occur.

while you do have some merit with this post...you are forgetting Ngannou's very powerful kicks. kicking in general really changes everything up for boxers

Back