Anthony Joshua Opens as Favorite in Boxing Match Against Francis Ngannou (Price Update)

Winner?

• Joshua

Votes: 57 64.0%
  • Ngannou

Votes: 32 36.0%

• Total voters
AJ will weasel his way out of this fight just like he did with the fury fight. AJ beats wallin and all of a sudden he’s he’s great again? He gonna get clubbed by a guy who’s 0-1…. Or he gets “injured” and fights the string bean wilder

By all accounts, Joshua should win but I'll be rooting for the underdog.

I think Joshua will take this 1000% more seriously than Fury did.

Joshua himself needs the win, and Ngannou isn’t seen as an easy win like he was before the Fury fight.

Joshua will keep things very tight and technical, and probably win a boring decision.
Joshua is garbage. His loss to Ruiz completely ruined him. He’s scared to get hit

This is like a Ngannou vs Lewis type of situation. Some idiots think the rematch would be the same but it was a once in a lifetime situation. Same goes with this just because Ngannou ''beat'' Fury, they think he will beat Joshua .
Both was a rare occurance and will never happen again.
In the end our lord and savior Dana ''the Bald Daddy'' White will laugh

Honestly no reason Joshua shouldn't kill him but

WAR NGANNOU

:meow:

Don’t tell Drake about those odds….he’ll ruin our boy
<2>

I feel like most of us think AJ is going to beat Francis badly but after the Fury fight we aren't confident to make bold predictions.

From a financial standpoint hes getting a 2nd big payday good for him. From a belt/competitive standpoint hes going to lose all his momentum if hes 0-2. Even if he loses another competitive fight that means Francis would settle into a gatekeeper role. He needs to win this fight to establish himself as a contender. The reward if he somehow wins will probably be a title shot but maybe he could have beaten a fewer top 10y guys and gotten that shot anyway based on his name.

who cares about boxing in UFC section? whoo its a shrine for fighter who not in UFC.... i know been slow end of year but wow

Love when dudes click on threads to say who cares.

Certainly not you sir. You just clicked and engaged because you don't care at all. You don't care that the bald goof fumbled the bag with the baddest man on the planet. Please reply to this and show how little you care.

20220123011135_GettyImages1366363730.JPG

Francis Ngannou is gearing up for his second boxing showdown four months after his professional debut against Tyson Fury. This time, “The Predator” will go up against former unified heavyweight champion Anthony Joshua on March 9 in Saudi Arabia.

The news was first reported by Ariel Helwani on Friday and later confirmed by Turki Al-Sheikh, the Chairman of the General Authority for Entertainment in Saudi Arabia. Promoter Eddie Hearn subsequently announced that a press conference for the 10-round boxing bout has also been scheduled to take place in London on Jan. 15.

Joshua opened -500 favorite according to SportsBetting.ag. Meanwhile, Ngannou serves as a +325 underdog. This means one would have to bet $100 on Joshua to collect a profit of $20. On the other hand, betting $100 on Ngannou could potentially bring in a profit of $325. Those odds are subject to change as the fight draws near.

Ngannou made his boxing debut on Oct. 28 in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia against Tyson Fury. While the Cameroonian managed to secure a knockdown against the lineal heavyweight champion in Round 3, he was ultimately on the receiving end of a split-decision loss.

Those odds are about fair, I had guessed +400 for Francis.

I think I might have a nibble still at those odds, Joshua fights best when he's a big bully and he won't be able to push Francis around, plus he won't have a size/reach advantage. AJ is not as skilled as Fury IMO and Francis legit outboxed Fury at times.

Fuck outta here to boxing with this shit!

This thing reminds me of Joshua vs Ruiz Jr rematch, AJ wont do anything dumb and just win on points.

Love when dudes click on threads to say who cares.

Certainly not you sir. You just clicked and engaged because you don't care at all. You don't care that the bald goof fumbled the bag with the baddest man on the planet. Please reply to this and show how little you care.
no more mad its not where it belongs and baddest man on planet still after 0-1? i bet you conor fan too huh 1-4 lol

So to, all the panicking boxing-extremists-turned-conspiracy-nutjobs, who claimed that Fury took a dive in the first fight so he could have a multi-millions rematch against Ngannou, how are you going to spin this one? <6>

You know, because there was no way in hell that Francis would survive 3 rounds against Fury, and it was going to be another Jake Paul vs Ben Aksren/Tyron Woodley/Anderson Silva... <NotListening>

Anyway, I didn't even know that Joshu vs Ngannou was the in works, but it makes sense, Anthony put on a fine performance against Otto "All In" Walin (whose sole loss before that was a decison to Fury), Wallin might have great defense but Joshua's tactical aggressiveness was enough to find some holes in the shell of "All In" ...

I was rooting for Francis against Fury, and I'll be rooting for my countryman once again in this adventure <5>

UFC PARIS - Francis NGANNOU pourrait bien y faire le combat principal selon  Dana WHITE !UFC PARIS - Francis NGANNOU pourrait bien y faire le combat principal selon  Dana WHITE !700 × 394

Let's hope the undercard is good too, I've read that Deontay Wilder vs Zhiley Zhang was in the work as the co-main, and that one gets my blood boiling!
The Bronze Bomber vs Big Bang was a nice ring to it

Those 2 fights are already reasons enough for me to watch this card live, but I wouldn't mind getting a few more entertaining scraps while waiting for the big bouts

No surprise. I don't think Francis will have as much success now that other boxers have seen him drop Fury. Fury may not have taken the fight as seriously as he should have but for every other boxer who watched it I would think the more high profile fights Francis gets the more and more people are gonna be looking to take him out and prove a point.

LOL, reeling in the mma dumbfucks who'll bet the house on francis'
I think most agree Ngannou isn't likely to win, but he has way, way more chance than the odds say he does.

Holly vs Ronda odds started at 14-1 and were bet down to 8-1 by fight day. This was as people realized how fucked up the odds were and begun to dump money into Holly. The result nearly killed Vegas.

The Joshua - Ngannou odds aren't that level of fucked up but they are currently very good to put some low risk high payout dollars down, and now before the odds get worse.

It’s crazy that boxing is taking over all the talk and buzz lately.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back