*** Anthony Joshua vs. Francis Ngannou Aftermath Discussion MEGA THREAD ***

Lmfao

you’re on drugs. Did you get hit in the head or Francis ?

Lol he made 30 mill plus. He wouldn’t sniff that in the ufc.
Right, because he probably would have lost, but he would have made $24 million if he'd won all 3 fights, and that was only risking being submitted, not doing this to him.

1709949574296-jpeg.1033508

UFC champ and took a shot. Still made about 30 million from two fights lol
Nothing but respect for Ngannou, there could be a movie about him with his amazing story. Hopefully he does better with his finances.

Its athletes simply are not up to par athleticism or skill-wise compared to those of other combat sports, let alone major league sports. We saw how Israel Adesanya and Alex Pereira came into the UFC and blew through numerous champions and championship contenders just with some rudimentary TDD knowledge. We saw how highly ranked UFC fighters Ben Askren, Tyron Woodley, and Anderson Silva all got dropped/folded by a Youtube influencer. And now MMA's final hope Ngannou got knocked out cold.

And before you say that so-or-so other combat sport athlete would not last a minute against UFC fighters in MMA, never forget that Ray Mercer knocked a former UFC champion Tim Sylvia out cold in his prime. Nobody in MMA has ever achieved the converse - Ngannou was the closest but we just saw how that went.

The truth is that the UFC is barely a step up from BKFC - it's just mandated brawling under the guise of combining martial art styles. What do you expect when C-level boxers and kickboxers (which all UFC fighters are) go up against A-level boxers and kickboxers?
What even is this post? Izzy and Alex are not C level kick boxers...

One punch doesnt do that. the whole idea of a guy chins 'cracking' or whatever is about damage over time most cases. Has big as that punch was it was probably the best big punch to take IMO, straight on. His head didnt even snap back, and it wasnt one of those wild hooks where his head shakes back and south a hundred times before he hits the ground. I think the mental part is the biggest part to worry about considering how he reacted to losing to stipe the first time.
What do you think being knocked down and knocked out are? Damage out of time? This is damage over time. Everything big shot that stumbles or wobbles you is.

What even is this post? Izzy and Alex are not C level kick boxers...
No, I'm saying that Pereira and Adesanya, who are A-level, could win championships in the UFC because their opponents in the UFC are effectively C-level kickboxers.

Tim was not in his prime lol

dude weighed in at 300 lbs for that one.
Cope lol. He fought for the UFC interim heavyweight championship the year before, and his fight before Mercer was with Fedor.

What do you think being knocked down and knocked out are? Damage out of time? This is damage over time. Everything big shot that stumbles or wobbles you is.

Im glad you know how to read.

Cope lol. He fought for the UFC interim heavyweight championship the year before, and his fight before Mercer was with Fedor.
Yes and then he showed up lookin like shit,out of shape

I dont think athleticism had anything to do with this result

More like a fat out of shape demotivated Tim fought a grizzled old warhorse like the merciless one,and should have subbed him like KIMBO SLICE did.

Yes and then he showed up lookin like shit,out of shape

I dont think athleticism had anything to do with this result

More like a fat out of shape demotivated Tim fought a grizzled old warhorse like the merciless one,and should have subbed him like KIMBO SLICE did.
Mercer was literally retired from boxing lol, and he wasn't anywhere near the champ at that time. Meanwhile Fury even in one of his flabbiest states ever held off Ngannou, the UFC champion.

Im glad you know how to read.
Sorry but I don't think you're post makes sense. Damage over time is real and so is every big hit you take which means one hard hit and every hard hit does matter. Especially the most recent, and at his age.

Reactions: HHJ
No, I'm saying that Pereira and Adesanya, who are A-level, could win championships in the UFC because their opponents in the UFC are effectively C-level kickboxers.
You're not wrong but I don't agree with the rest of your post. It's not that athletes in MMA aren't as good as other sports, it's that athletes in MMA have to know significantly more to perform well compared to other sports. There's way more to think about and learn in MMA than boxing and even kickboxing.

Back