*** Anthony Joshua vs. Francis Ngannou Aftermath Discussion MEGA THREAD ***

Nicksick confirmed it was indeed only a 3 fight deal and that the holdup was a loss dropped the pay for $8M/per fight.

Which... yes...? Why would Ngannou make championship pay if he's no longer champion?

As to your second point, yes, Francis himself said he missed $7M by not fighting the UFC's contracts for fights he fought anyways, and that's not even counting had he simple won the Stipe fight and gotten the built in contender-to-champion purse there in and then.

Francis' purse problems have always been that he wanted to leave the UFC so wouldn't sign their contracts.

The UFC proved tonight they were right about that.

LOL absolutely nothing that happened tonight means anything in regards to Frank VS the UFC. He still won. By a mile. Deal with it. The UFC have insanely restrictive and controlling contracts. This isnt debatable. they took away the fighters ability to make sponorship money and basically control your entire professional life if you sign the contract. this isnt debatable. he won. By a country mile. Asleep on the cavas and winning.

Yep. Street brawler Kimbo Slice (no disrespect to him) is more skilled than most UFC fighters.
Is that so? Is that why he got destroyed in the UFC?

So which sport looks sillier?

MMA because a star lost to another star at a totally different sport?

Or boxing because they keep putting amateur boxers against pro boxers because otherwise no one gives a shit?

Do they ?
all both of them?
Frank Mir got f-cked up by Kubrat Pulev. Ngannou just got knocked out cold. Tyron Woodley got put out cold. Ben Askren, Anderson Silva, Nate Diaz also lost to a Youtube influencer. There are too many examples, if anything.

Also, once again, Ray Mercer. Enough said.

So which sport looks sillier?

MMA because a star lost to another star at a totally different sport?

Or boxing because they keep putting amateur boxers against pro boxers because otherwise no one gives a shit?
Both sports need each other.

MMA fighters need the money and lack of restrictions that big boxing fights can offer,and Boxers need willing fighters that are outside the bubble of the usual politicking bullshit that is normal boxing to stir shit up.

I enjoy watching the sport of MMA but at this point the pattern of MMA fighters getting destroyed by other combat sport athletes is unmistakable.

Is it?

Seems to me like boxers have the worst track record when venturing into other combat sports tbh. Ray Mercer hail Mary KO aside, and dont forget Ray lost his other MMA fight and also went 0-2 in kickboxing.

Ngannou made 30 mil in 2 boxing matches he is a winner in my book.

What boxing fight makes the most sense for frank now?

Andy Ruiz or someone lower?

Frank Mir got f-cked up by Kubrat Pulev. Ngannou just got knocked out cold. Tyron Woodley got put out cold. Ben Askren, Anderson Silva, Nate Diaz also lost to a Youtube influencer. There are too many examples, if anything.

Also, once again, Ray Mercer. Enough said.
ok so more boxers in MMA go ahead. Mercer ( who was subbed in a minute by Kimbo ) and who else?

Still had a winning MMA record despite no formal martial arts training.
Still got submitted by Kimbo Slice.

SUBMITTED

BY KIMBO SLICE

Is it?

Seems to me like boxers have the worst track record when venturing into other combat sports tbh. Ray Mercer hail Mary KO aside, and dont forget Ray lost his other MMA fight and also went 0-2 in kickboxing.
Another good example is Holly Holm becoming UFC champion. The funny thing though is that like I've been saying, that was also the result of UFC top brass making Ronda Rousey think that she was a legit boxer when she isn't. Boxers find success in MMA *because* of how dysfunctionally managed the sport is.

What boxing fight makes the most sense for frank now?

Andy Ruiz or someone lower?
Shannon Briggs says hed be willing to fight him but that def will be a much lesser pay day and wouldnt mean dick in the grand scheme of things

Good, now he can stop this foolishness and get back to his real sport. I wouldn't be surprised if he loses in MMA soon either though! Let's face it, his skills are limited.

XYU4DWGJKNHXVMGSHB2IQ2G5SU.jpg
Ruiz did better than ngannou.

ok so more boxers in MMA go ahead. Mercer ( who was subbed in a minute by Kimbo ) and who else?
Holly Holm, who fraud-checked Ronda "I can beat Floyd Mayweather" Rousey's boxing skills.

Back