• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

*** Anthony Joshua vs. Francis Ngannou Aftermath Discussion MEGA THREAD ***

Ngannou being in a competitive 10 round fight and arguably being robbed against the WBC champion is more impressive than Ray Mercer landing a Hail Mary shot on big Tim.

Apart from, I dunno, Lucas Browne, an MMA fighter who switched to boxing and a few years ago was top 10 ranked.
That was absolutely not a Hail Mary shot from Mercer Lmao it was a leg kick counter

hes 0 - 2
hes kinda like a pawn in boxing made by fury to excite the fans

people are really naive these days
good for him being a pawn and getting the payday

but your delusional if you truly believe
hes a true boxer
lmao

View attachment 1033560
After the fight props to both guys
Ngannou has the short bu look in his eyes. This may be the end for him, at least he made a good chunk of money between the two fights. The guy is probably 46 years old and just got wrecked by an actual HW with proper power and boxing skill.

I never expressed this much because I don't think I've watched enough of Frank's fights to comment, but I never quite got the hype even when he was in MMA. Seemed like A heavy hitter with a nice highlight reel and not much else, which isn't that rare at HW.

This outcome doesn't surprise me at all

Franks goal now should be to fight that guy in PFL by the end of the year considering its march.

No. It was the best kind of big punch of take - straight on instead of a hook that will send your head spinning.

The crazy aspect is he was obvious half KOed after the first one. The ref allowing him to go was bush league ...Joshua tee off'd on him like he was testing his one punch max power
Im pretty sure its tee'd off.

He obviously didn't given how this fight went. And it's not like his chin had miles on it. I never got the whole francis has an iron chin thing. He got hit in his whole career as much as some guys get hit in 1 fight. We don't claim they have great chins.
His fight against Stipe is proof enough, the man was totally done after 7 minutes and survived the next 18 minutes on pure heart and chin.

He was being dominated and beaten in a way that would've left nearly any other MMA HW in history unconscious on the canvas.

Ngannou had never even been so much as dropped his entire combat career, until today. You don't do that by not having a great chin, the fact his first time being dropped in a fight was at 37 years old is further proof of how durable he really was.

The only guys to survive 70+ strikes from Stipe are....

- JDS (ridiculous chin, dude only gets TKO'd. JDS will take a power shot from Ngannou with his back turned and still not sleep lmao)

- Roy Nelson (Legendary chin)

- DC (Very great chin, survived prime Rumble FFS)

- Ngannou (He's in elite company)

The reality is you will be hard pressed to ever find a fighter who fights 14 times in the UFC's HW division and doesn't get KTFO. Just because he didn't get hit a ton doesn't take away from what we saw, he was getting hit less in part because he was so confident in his chin and power he literally charged forward into a vicious KO artist like Rozenstruik and ate back to back moderate counters with zero reaction before deading him in 20 seconds.

Any fighter who doesn't have a great chin wouldn't even consider fighting like that in their wildest dreams. Most times you get rocked or buzzed, it isn't in the 20 second fight. It's in the years of training, fights like those tell us a ton about Ngannou's psychological comfort when it comes to absorbing punches.

Last edited:
Francis is 37, he should take at least several months off by then he will be 38 and the chin won't be as good as before . I can see him retiring as he should be set for life financially but likely he continues in the fight game for a while longer .

hes 0 - 2
hes kinda like a pawn in boxing made by fury to excite the fans

people are really naive these days
good for him being a pawn and getting the payday

but your delusional if you truly believe
hes a true boxer
lmao
I have no issue with MMA fighters wanting to get into boxing. My issue is them jumping the line into professional boxing. And even worse, the top guys. Its a slap in the face to the top 5 or 10. The top 5 would Sleep Ngonenow.

A movie about how he jumped into professional boxing and lost two fights back to back, the last fight ending in a embarrising KO wash. Yeah, great movie, LMAO.
Yeah, the ending would be a bit of a let down. But his previous careers as a sand miner, a French hobo, and a human cockfighter weren't THAT bad !

Nah seriously, I hope he's got enough brains left to enjoy his money. He's a persevering guy, that's for sure ; however, it's probably time for him to rest now.

That sucks if he actually believed he could become a boxing WC, all because of Fury's unprofessionalism. Fury, who's a reminder that you can be miserable with pockets full of money, interestingly ; still better than miserable and poor though, but what I mean is that Francis, with how awful the first half of his life has been, would be a lucky man if he actually ever finds peace (and isn't deeply scarred by all this).

Yeah, the ending would be a bit of a let down. But his previous careers as a sand miner, a French hobo, and a human cockfighter weren't THAT bad !

Nah seriously, I hope he's got enough brains left to enjoy his money. He's a persevering guy, that's for sure ; however, it's probably time for him to rest now.

That sucks if he actually believed he could become a boxing WC, all because of Fury's unprofessionalism. Fury, who's a reminder that you can be miserable with pockets full of money, interestingly ; still better than miserable and poor though, but what I mean is that Francis, with how awful the first half of his life has been, would be a lucky man if he actually ever finds peace (and isn't deeply scarred by all this).
I still think Fury planned to let Ngonenow coast that fight. He clearly didnt take him serious at all, and probably didn't even train for that fight. Might as well been a exibition.

Back