Media Francis Ngannou has made $30 million from two boxing matches. He only made $3.5 million from 14 UFC fights in 7 years!

<Prem972>
Strickland asked permission from UFC but was turned down by paymasters
And that was just for 1 million dollars and to spar....
<2>welp at least Dana allows free speech and yall get to see
hip hopper pioneer kid rock and yall favorite president get walked out to their
seats. Fighters should be thankful as those experiences are priceless

Last edited:
Why retire now? He has a sweet deal with PFL plus he can still fight Wilder. He could get another $5M for that one.

He doesn't need more money. He has already made more money in a few months than most people ever make in their lives. Retire. Cut ties with the entourage before they bleed him dry. And live a modest and low key lifestyle. Invest some of that money into starting a business. Buy some land. Buy some property. In any case, you would be amazed how fast ten plus millions of dollars can go up in thin air if you are not smart with it

I overheard conversation at pub yesterday. One gentlemen said to another, " I feel bad for Francis, what will he do now". His friend said " Fly home on his private jet, have a personal buffet of the best quality cuts of meat, and cry himself to sleep in his custom made luxury mattress while wiping his tears with his Italian hand-made silk sheets".

His purse might have been 20mil but boxing is notorious for managers taking huge chunks of fighter purses. I remember when Buster Douglas got a $30 million purse against Holyfield but he claimed he saw less than $2 million of that. Granted taxes were involved but still, these numbers don't necessarily represent reality.

lmao ok, the new narrative i'm seeing now... i'm sure Francis was looking over everything not to get f'd over and if he did we would have heard about it from him

He didn't actually though. $10 million was what he was projected to make for the Fury fight, and Fury was projected to make $50 million, but the event bombed and Fury only actually made $32m, so proportionately Francis probably made closer to $7m. We don't know how the PPV with Joshua did yet, so we'll see there. He also made $3.5 million in the UFC by choice. They offered him a new contract when he won the title and could have made $5 million for the Gane fight and turned it down.

He still made more per bout with boxing, but it likely wasn't that much more than he would have made if he'd beaten Jones and had another 2 defenses after.

you would be amazed how fast ten plus millions of dollars can go up in thin air if you are not smart with it
All the more reason to grab that Wilder money and that PFL cash. Why on earth would or should he walk away from that. He can earn another $10M easy in the next 1-2 years. He doesn't need to spend what he has to continue his career. IMO 1 more boxing match, either Wilder or Fury rematch if he loses to Usyk. I 100% agree with the sentiment of being smart with his money but he doesn't need to walk away to do that.

clmao ok, the new narrative i'm seeing now... i'm sure Francis was looking over everything not to get f'd over and if he did we would have heard about it from him
I actually don't give a shit either way since my life doesn't change if Francis gets $50 or $50 million, just pointing out that the headline numbers in boxing can be misleading. It's also misleading to compare the entirety of a UFC career that included non-title fights with a pair of blockbuster PPV's.

I overheard conversation at pub yesterday. One gentlemen said to another, " I feel bad for Francis, what will he do now". His friend said " Fly home on his private jet, have a personal buffet of the best quality cuts of meat, and cry himself to sleep in his custom made luxury mattress while wiping his tears with his Italian hand-made silk sheets".
<JagsKiddingMe>

This is the inside of a private jet in Francis' price range. The passenger area is like a nice minivan, and he'd go broke in 5 years paying pilots, fuel and maintenance. He's maybe more in the netjets rental range.

iu

He benefited from the crazy Saudi money. You can't compare it because it's like monopoly money vs real money. Those guys have so much money that they don't even care about making a profit. It's all about image for them. Look at how most money they've spent on crappy LIV golf that no one cares about or watches. Good for him for cashing in, but it's an outlier in my oppinion.

At least he didnt get flatlined fighting in the UFC. <28>

Retire. Cut ties with the entourage before he blows all his money. And disappear. Live a modest and low key life. And invest some of that money into a modest, low key and stable business for his and his family's future.

That is what he should do now. Anybody telling him otherwise is pigheaded at best...malicious at worst
It what he should do, but he won’t

As I said, he didn’t fumble the bag but the bag most definitely fumbled him.

He got fumbled for a bag. Tyson and AJ have been boxing their entire life.

I don't really care about Ngannou one way or the other. Genetic freak with a great origin story plus he is obviously reasonably intelligent. What I would like to know is did he truly think he had anything more than a one in a million chance as a boxer. Did he really believe it or was this simply a means to an end. Fine if it was but I for whatever reason I'd like to know if he really was delusional with respect to his day in day out abilities within the sport.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
evolution team
Back