• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Underrated mma win streak of 37-0-1

Igor Vovchanchyn from 1995-2000 was on a win streak of 37 wins with 1 NC that would have normally been a win in Pride without new special rules

Igor was a killer

Others
Slightly before my time but what he accomplished can not be understated. Should be considered more in the p4p talk more considering his size vs opposition as Fedor receives.

That was the baddest manlet on the planet. Forget MM. I don't think anyone can top him for his weight class. p4p he was scary
igor was not a manlet. He was short but he was WIDE. Like a tank. When he threw a punch you better catch a cab to the airport, fly to some far a way land so your nowhere near that shit

igor was not a manlet. He was short but he was WIDE. Like a tank. When he threw a punch you better catch a cab to the airport, fly to some far a way land so your nowhere near that shit
Yeah I reconsidered it and left it in for humor cause guys are making him out to be like a BW. I still stand by him being scary and firmly believe he would've destroyed shamrock if that fight materialized.

He was thick there is no way he'd make lightweight or welterweight. Maybe he could make a drained 185.

Ok.
Agree to disagree.
Igor would never make it much under 200 lbs. 185 would damn near be impossible
I remember in Pride when he entered the 205 grand prix and how much weight he had to cut then.
Igor was naturally thick and big boned for a short guy. Stocky as fuck. No way he makes it under 185

That was the best LHK KO Mirko ever had.
I don't know, there's something beautiful about the grazing head kick KO that causes his opponents to slump to the ground, like he did against Wand and dos caras. I always found the dos caras KO to be particularly brutal, especially considering the after-KO punch -- which was then recreated by Trigg/Lawler:

Igor would never make it much under 200 lbs. 185 would damn near be impossible
I remember in Pride when he entered the 205 grand prix and how much weight he had to cut then.
Igor was naturally thick and big boned for a short guy. Stocky as fuck. No way he makes it under 185

Yeah I agree with you actually. People were saying Igor could make LW or WW. If that weren't the case he wouldn't have outmuscled Mark Kerr at times & beaten Mark Coleman in an arm wrestling contest.

. Should be considered more in the p4p talk more considering his size vs opposition as Fedor receives.
He usually lost when in there with the top guys. Kerr was probably the best guy he beat.

I don't know, there's something beautiful about the grazing head kick KO that causes his opponents to slump to the ground, like he did against Wand and dos caras. I always found the dos caras KO to be particularly brutal, especially considering the after-KO punch -- which was then recreated by Trigg/Lawler:

We all have our own things we find "artistic" about extreme violence eheheh

Back