Underrated mma win streak of 37-0-1

jon jones would head punch him into oblivion

I don't know, there's something beautiful about the grazing head kick KO that causes his opponents to slump to the ground, like he did against Wand and dos caras. I always found the dos caras KO to be particularly brutal, especially considering the after-KO punch -- which was then recreated by Trigg/Lawler:

Gonna stomp the guys next pub trivia night when "What do Frank Trigg and Alberto Del Rio have in common?"
jon jones would head punch him into oblivion
Bones has never head punched anyone into oblivion.

Well he was always much smaller and the mileage towards end of career counts for something
Well im not sayin the guy wasnt a savage to be respected highly. I love Igor,as should all fight fans.

I wouldnt say he should be counted as a p4p guy,but he was def one of the most violent and prolific fighters, and super gutsy. Dude was a full foot shorter than the Polar Bear Paul Varleans and he fucked him up real bad.

Honestly,if you lose to a guy a foot shorter than you,you might wanna rethink things lol

Igor Vovchanchyn from 1995-2000 was on a win streak of 37 wins with 1 NC that would have normally been a win in Pride without new special rules

Igor was a killer

Others

He is/was/ and always will be one of the best to ever do it.
He was beating giants, and knocking mothafuckas unconscious from the beginning.

Also, this is one of my favorite KOs of all time.
I watched it live and you could tell people genuinely thought Bueno was dead lol.

Everyone remembers Ricksons 400-0

But in the real world Igor did infact go 37-0-1. Coleman and Rampage were both world Champs man so I don't know what you're talking about when you say "not supremely skilled"... I mean they were champions bud lol
No shame in losing to them jeez!
That dude thinks he knows it all.
Its part of his charm sir.

Shame he had a long fight before Coleman cuz he probably would've won

He beat prime juice Kerr

Someone post the Sherdog highlight of his
"From the roof top shout out" lol

Shame he had a long fight before Coleman cuz he probably would've won

He beat prime juice Kerr

Someone post the Sherdog highlight of his
"From the roof top shout out" lol
Kerr by that time was already slipping. Prime Kerr was a very very short window due to massive addictions

I can't remember the fight in Pride where he won and he just started doing kata and kicking the air. It was like a little kid in tkd class.

Everyone remembers Ricksons 400-0

But in the real world Igor did infact go 37-0-1. Coleman and Rampage were both world Champs man so I don't know what you're talking about when you say "not supremely skilled"... I mean they were champions bud lol
No shame in losing to them jeez!
People forget that Igor had to go through Goodridge and Sakuraba in the grand prix before he fought Coleman on the same night. It was definitely not a walk in the park against either fighter. Where as Coleman had a much easier route against a much weaker/smaller first opponent (Akira) and getting to skip his second fight against Fujita. Not saying Igor would have beat Coleman if both were fresh (He probably still would have been wrestlefucked), but the outcome may have been different. Heck it's possible Sakuraba would have beaten Coleman if they fought.

Back