Social Dog of Peace Fatally Mauls 3-Month-Old Baby, Injures Mother in NJ

The latest pitbull fatality in the US. I thought it was just memes but they really seem to attack children frequently.
The stats don't lie.
2-11-1024x768.jpg

Pit bulls can be great family companions, but they are usually owned by people who shouldn't own a pitbull.

Lack of training, socialization and caution lead to these types of events.

I have some great pitbulls in my neighborhood but they are dog aggressive to certain dogs - my guard dog is the same way.

Pit bulls can be great family companions, but they are usually owned by people who shouldn't own a pitbull.

Lack of training, socialization and caution lead to these types of events.

I have some great pitbulls in my neighborhood but they are dog aggressive to certain dogs - my guard dog is the same way.
I don't think a dog that requires all these precautions so that it doesn't maul the family is a good family companion but maybe that's just me.

I don't think a dog that requires all these precautions so that it doesn't maul the family is a good family companion but maybe that's just me.
Exactly. My dog required no training, no socialization, and no caution at all. Somehow she's managed not to kill my kids or even growl at them.

21 year old mom. Any bets on how many tattoos, jumbo fake eyelashes, velour pants and pounds of makeup she wears?

Pitbull owners are stereotypical

Yep found some more stereotypical pitbull owners. If i had to guess they probably stayed in a trap house. Of course the kids are dead but the mom gets to live on running the block.

I'm okay with that, but not when they have children. Most victims are in the 1-4 year-old range if I remember correctly and it pisses me off. These fucking imbeciles need to stop putting children at risk.

Yeah fair enough. I'm just saying if you are willing to pay and purchase this type of dog, expect the worse.

Yep found some more stereotypical pitbull owners. If i had to guess they probably stayed in a trap house. Of course the kids are dead but the mom gets to live on running the block.

You found the exception, here's a cookie.

Seriously though. A ticking time bomb is a bomb whether it's in 5,000 square foot Suburbia or in the hood in a trap house.

You found the exception, here's a cookie.

Seriously though. A ticking time bomb is a bomb whether it's in 5,000 square foot Suburbia or in the hood in a trap house.

Here's another exception I found with literally like 2 mins of googling and I'm being generous by saying 2 mins. I'm sure it's just more bad owners who also happened to have a million awards for messing with these dogs of death.

To be honest, I've been around tier one guard dogs my whole life.

Think Kangal, Alabai, Dogo Argentino, Cane Corso, Presa Canario etc...

All much crazier, more powerful and stronger than a pit bull.

My current dog is the great grandson of a dog that killed a mountain lion in Argentina - a Dogo Argentino.

When I picked him up from JFK airport, Homeland Security asked me "Do you know what you're getting into with this breed?" They went on to say how this is a powerful breed that can cause a lot of damage if you don't invest time and/or money into proper training.

Pitbulls are the same (sure backyard breeding has messed up their genetics over the years - which includes temperament and other things) - it's usually poor training and ill prepared owners that are the reason for most dog bites in general - let alone for pit bulls.

They really are highly intelligent and great dogs - who really want to please but are very aggressive to other dogs/animals and if improperly raised even people. Owners should have to pass some sort of test in order to own one. In the wrong hands, any of these crazy breeds can cause a lot of damage.

My dog is super protective of my property and family. I take caution when I let him in the yard (even my fenced backyard) or take him for a walk.

My wife walks him all the time and my whole entire neighborhood loves him, families with kids and couples without kids. Always come out to say hi to him when we go for a walk.

But he's extremely aggressive and suspicious of strangers.

Anyway, I say all that to say, I don't think it's breed specific. It's almost always the owners who are careless and negligent.

My current dog is the great grandson of a dog that killed a mountain lion in Argentina - a Dogo Argentino.

When I picked him up from JFK airport, Homeland Security asked me "Do you know what you're getting into with this breed?" They went on to say how this is a powerful breed that can cause a lot of damage if you don't invest time and/or money into proper training.

Pitbulls are the same (sure backyard breeding has messed up their genetics over the years - which includes temperament and other things) - it's usually poor training and ill prepared owners that are the reason for most dog bites in general - let alone for pit bulls.

They really are highly intelligent and great dogs - who really want to please but are very aggressive to other dogs/animals and if improperly raised even people. Owners should have to pass some sort of test in order to own one. In the wrong hands, any of these crazy breeds can cause a lot of damage.

My dog is super protective of my property and family. I take caution when I let him in the yard (even my fenced backyard) or take him for a walk.

My wife walks him all the time and my whole entire neighborhood loves him, families with kids and couples without kids. Always come out to say hi to him when we go for a walk.

Anyway, I say all that to say, I don't think it's breed specific. It's almost always the owners who are careless and negligent.

I disagree because certain dogs are ultimately harmless even in the hands of a bad owner.

The issue with pitbulls is they have the capacity to maim humans and require lots of training and attention to be properly socialized. You can say its about the owner but a careless owner with a dachshund is probably not going to worry about her dog mauling her or her kid.

The image people have of pitbull owners is one of abusive, lower class and possibly criminal owners who just chain them up outside but increasingly that's not what they look like. These days the average pit owner is a typical dog owner who wants to baby their pet and give them free reign of the house. That's just not safe with a pitbull unless you really know what you're doing so on some level the dog itself is part of the problem.

I like how you say "dog bites" when these dogs have eviscerated and dismembered people alive as well as degloved faces.

The stats don't lie.
2-11-1024x768.jpg

- How the hell does those guys make a lab attack someone?
And boxers? Theres something very wrong with those people rising dogs. I get Rots, because even when playing they're really strong. But german sherpards? One of the easiest dogs to teach?

And really boxers? THose guys are great and docile!

And my friend here, garanties that no pit-bull get close to his family.

2022-08-04-fila-brasileiro-vida-de-bicho.jpeg

I miss owning a dog:(

Back