Social Dog of Peace Fatally Mauls 3-Month-Old Baby, Injures Mother in NJ

To be honest, I've been around tier one guard dogs my whole life.

Think Kangal, Alabai, Dogo Argentino, Cane Corso, Presa Canario etc...

All much crazier, more powerful and stronger than a pit bull.

My current dog is the great grandson of a dog that killed a mountain lion in Argentina - a Dogo Argentino.

When I picked him up from JFK airport, Homeland Security asked me "Do you know what you're getting into with this breed?" They went on to say how this is a powerful breed that can cause a lot of damage if you don't invest time and/or money into proper training.

Pitbulls are the same (sure backyard breeding has messed up their genetics over the years - which includes temperament and other things) - it's usually poor training and ill prepared owners that are the reason for most dog bites in general - let alone for pit bulls.

They really are highly intelligent and great dogs - who really want to please but are very aggressive to other dogs/animals and if improperly raised even people. Owners should have to pass some sort of test in order to own one. In the wrong hands, any of these crazy breeds can cause a lot of damage.

My dog is super protective of my property and family. I take caution when I let him in the yard (even my fenced backyard) or take him for a walk.

My wife walks him all the time and my whole entire neighborhood loves him, families with kids and couples without kids. Always come out to say hi to him when we go for a walk.

But he's extremely aggressive and suspicious of strangers.

Anyway, I say all that to say, I don't think it's breed specific. It's almost always the owners who are careless and negligent.

- I respectfully disagree of the high-lighted part. Unless your comparing them to inanimated objects of course!

I like how you say "dog bites" when these dogs have eviscerated and dismembered people alive as well as degloved faces.

Nobody that lives in a civilized society should own an animal that can do this:

ff3b81e2099b4cbabe56b26e52535462_md.jpg

I disagree because certain dogs are ultimately harmless even in the hands of a bad owner.

The issue with pitbulls is they have the capacity to maim humans and require lots of training and attention to be properly socialized. You can say its about the owner but a careless owner with a dachshund is probably not going to worry about her dog mauling her or her kid.

The image people have of pitbull owners is one of abusive, lower class and possibly criminal owners who just chain them up outside but increasingly that's not what they look like. These days the average pit owner is a typical dog owner who wants to baby their pet and give them free reign of the house. That's just not safe with a pitbull unless you really know what you're doing so on some level the dog itself is part of the problem.
- I agree with him. Those very powerfull dogs, as the list posted by @koquerelle shows, shond't be owned by stupid people. They even managed to put labs on that list.

For some reason, thank God, Cane corso and Filas dont make the list of owned dogs in USA. If they manage to make a smaller boxer agressive, cant imagine the destruction those tards would do rising giant dogs.

But pit-bulls for some reason are always involved in attacks, se i see ten of dogs everyday when i go to the gym, giant mixed breed dogs, and dont see nobody talking they atacked someone, let alone children. It's so unnatural to a dog to do that.

I like how you say "dog bites" when these dogs have eviscerated and dismembered people alive as well as degloved faces.
A lot of these dog breeds were created for violence.

That's why they call them "hunting dogs", "guardian breeds", "protection" etc...

They are not meant to cuddle and be your little buddy - that's what dogs evolved to now.

My dog has a quick on/off switch and extremely high prey drive.

I automatically know to be careful in certain situations because this aggressive nature is hardwired into his genetics - like most dogs (pit bulls included).

They were created to fight and win.

Owning a pit should come with a license. certain amount of hours training required to own one. Make the dog a hassle to own
-I've been wanting to rise Bulldog campeiros, and would need a bigger backyard. I could rise a couple here, but it's cruelty to them, and they arent agressive dogs.

53a903_daa715eca8144088b2706274d9d36cf8~mv2.jpg

The girl next door owns a really pretty female pitbull, but she doesnt even walks with the dog. Whats the point of owning one? They arent toys.

Theres are another girls here, that are rising those dogs in really smaller closed spaces. They do look like the other guy described!

I disagree because certain dogs are ultimately harmless even in the hands of a bad owner.

The issue with pitbulls is they have the capacity to maim humans and require lots of training and attention to be properly socialized. You can say its about the owner but a careless owner with a dachshund is probably not going to worry about her dog mauling her or her kid.
All breeds are different.

The issue with the Pitbull breed is the same with any other aggressive dog breed.

Pitbulls aren't even tier one level and not that big but they are easily accessible for purchase in the West.

You have to invest time/money into proper training or socialization or deal with the consequences.

But it's okay if you disagree with what I'm saying - it's all good. 🍻

My neighbor has a pit who’s the sweetest most chill dog ever. That said the owner is with her 24/7 and did a really great job raising her. Incompetent owners have no business owning dogs, let alone pits.

I'm okay with that, but not when they have children. Most victims are in the 1-4 year-old range if I remember correctly and it pisses me off. These fucking imbeciles need to stop putting children at risk.
- The average pit-bull owner, is the type of person that shouldn't rise a kid either.

I'm going toi the other threads now, those threads always make my blood boil, because i've been a dog lover since little, my family owned boxers, filas and rots.

And the only dog that ever attacked me was my beloved Stone, a mix of a Cocker spaniel and a beagle! He was very cute, and very agressive, lived with us for 14 years.

All breeds are different.

The issue with the Pitbull breed is the same with any other aggressive dog breed.

Pitbulls aren't even tier one level and not that big but they are easily accessible for purchase in the West.

You have to invest time/money into proper training or socialization or deal with the consequences.

But it's okay if you disagree with what I'm saying - it's all good. 🍻
- Thats the problem my friend, we cant rise a Cane corso on a apartament, but peole rise pits.

- How the hell does those guys make a lab attack someone?
And boxers? Theres something very wrong with those people rising dogs. I get Rots, because even when playing they're really strong. But german sherpards? One of the easiest dogs to teach?

And really boxers? THose guys are great and docile!

And my friend here, garanties that no pit-bull get close to his family.

2022-08-04-fila-brasileiro-vida-de-bicho.jpeg

I miss owning a dog:(
You should also factor in the popularity of the dog breed if you're wondering why labs and german shepherd are on that chart. There's a lot of them.

- Thats the problem my friend, we cant rise a Cane corso on a apartament, but peole rise pits.
Well technically you could raise a Cane Corso in an apartment.

I don't want to go down that rabbit hole because each dog breed has different requirements. Some do fine in an apartment but it's not recommended.

It's actually more complex than a simple forum conversation.

Dogs need stimulation and training. There's a lot that goes into dog training and maintaining certain breeds.

Like a Belgian Malinois can become destructive and a pain in the ass if you don't exercise them constantly.

My Dogo also requires 2 hours of exercise or stimulation a day - or they are supposed to be destructive and a pain in the ass. Luckily he's pretty good even if he doesn't get that much exercise.

Pitbulls are the same, high energy and needs a lot of mental and physical stimulation. Which most dog owners, walk their dogs once or twice a day (some don't even do that just leave them in the yard all day/night) and give them ample amounts of exercise.

This is why most dogs misbehave - pitbulls included.

Most dog owners are lazy and don't understand the breed, the breeds standard and requirements.

They go into it ignorant and come out lucky or unlucky in many cases with pitbulls.

Even smaller breeds bite people - it's just pits are way bigger and aggressive. So the attacks are way worse.

Especially now with all these mut pits that don't even fit the breeds original standard.
54a0f9e5093b89542d58e279192b93e3.jpg

That's why some of these breeds like Presa Canario are called Man Stoppers or the Kangal which is known as a wolf killer.

Anyway, I don't want you to misunderstand. I'm not defending pits that attack humans. Just stating that dogs are dogs and can't think beyond their dog brain.

Humans have the responsibility to raise these animals properly and like most things in life - many humans are too stupid and royally fuck up.

Inb4 @WklySportsMemes spends the next nine pages defending shit-tier mutants…

RIP little one, we’re sorry you had retards for parents.
I am just here for the memes. 2 that I recall are: the one with Drake, and the other meme is about the pitbull swimming out to sea to bite a child.

- I knew wond't be a Saint Bernardo or Brazilian Fila. For some reason those bigger, far more powerfull dogs thnt a pit-bull, dont make to the statistics!
One factor could be that those breeds are pretty rare here - relative to Pit Bulls.

The image people have of pitbull owners is one of abusive, lower class and possibly criminal owners who just chain them up outside but increasingly that's not what they look like. These days the average pit owner is a typical dog owner who wants to baby their pet and give them free reign of the house. That's just not safe with a pitbull unless you really know what you're doing so on some level the dog itself is part of the problem.
That’s right. Anyone who says it’s the owner and not the breed is wrong. Anyone who says it’s the breed and not the owner is wrong. It’s always some combination of nature and nurture. With pit bulls, they have the capacity to cause grave injuries and the pedigree of being dog-aggressive.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BackagainBert
Back