Media !!! Its Time To Admit It Sher-Gods... Islam Makhachev Is Superior/Better Than Khabib !!!

More well rounded? Yes. Better? I don't think so,

Khabib is better on the ground. I think he would have finished Volk in that first fight if he had his back like that.

Khabib has better takedowns and is heavier in top position, has heavier ground and pound. Islam is nasty, but Khabib is just a bit ahead of him. I think Khabib has heavier hands too, but his standup isn't as refined.

Ironically, I think that could come back to haunt Islam. He might fall in love with his standup too much, like Fedor did. Khabib, while he hit hard, was trying to get you to the ground so he could maul you. He knew the assignment.
Khabib's striking is very mediocre.. Rhonda Rousey like.. go rewatch n you wll see...

Khabib's striking is very mediocre.. Rhonda Rousey like.. go rewatch n you wll see...
"I think Khabib has heavier hands too, but his standup isn't as refined."

What do you think I meant by this?

This never happened to Khabib..

tumblr_nvomsie9v41tugoyjo1_400.gif

It's just one of those things...
Khabib also never had this look on his face after getting beat up by a FW. Islam clearly has better overall skills than Khabib, but Khabib's mentality and drive sets him apart.

1710553489803.png

I think so ya

Khabib was better on the ground, but Islams striking is way better than Khabibs

But its tough to surpass Khabib when your fighting his sloppy seconds

And I doubt Islam plans on defending the belt for 3-5 years where he can test himself against next generation guys

probably a defense against Charles, DP, and possibly Justin or Arman.

Then a superfight before retiring
Volk and Olivera are sloppy seconds?

More well rounded? Yes. Better? I don't think so,

Khabib is better on the ground. I think he would have finished Volk in that first fight if he had his back like that.

Khabib has better takedowns and is heavier in top position, has heavier ground and pound. Islam is nasty, but Khabib is just a bit ahead of him. I think Khabib has heavier hands too, but his standup isn't as refined.

Ironically, I think that could come back to haunt Islam. He might fall in love with his standup too much, like Fedor did. Khabib, while he hit hard, was trying to get you to the ground so he could maul you. He knew the assignment.
Islam has more power than Khabib

skill wise that could be true. but khabib was relentless. insane pressure non stop. that is hard to deal with, skill gap or not. the pressure that khabib put on his opponents terrified them.

islam has better striking for sure

Khabib and Islam both have shit striking but decent wrestling.

Topuria has both elite wrestling and striking.
Topuria got dropped by a regional level fighter, and has since beaten 2 of the oldest guys in the division, both coming off losses and Bryce Mitchell. Where is this "elite" Spanish wrestling?

wrong...it was crude but effective....you dont bitchslap and counter Conor if you are mediocre

Khabib and Islam both have shit striking but decent wrestling.

Topuria has both elite wrestling and striking.
you have no idea, Islam has excellent standup...open your eyes and take off that Dagestani hate goggles

In sparring Islam is the only guy to win rounds off Khabib. Only won rounds but mostly got his ass handed to him.

Topuria got dropped by a regional level fighter, and has since beaten 2 of the oldest guys in the division, both coming off losses and Bryce Mitchell. Where is this "elite" Spanish wrestling?

Doesn't matter how old they were lol. Volk was wrecking Yair, going 5 rounds with Islam, and clapping Max's cheeks all within the last 2 years. But then he fights Topuria and all of a sudden he's too old? Lol. Come on, now.

Emmet is still competitive with everyone as well. Had won 5/6 before Topuria whooped him.

And that elite spanish wrestling was on display against Emmet. Emmet's a great wrestler and they were light years apart in skill.

Back