Media !!! Its Time To Admit It Sher-Gods... Islam Makhachev Is Superior/Better Than Khabib !!!

Islam has better technical striking, but that’s about it.

Khabib has the better chin, pressure, grappling, and the quicker shot in open space.

I predict that Islam will get chinned by Gaethje. He is not comfortable shooting in space because of his chin. Gaethjes footwork will keep him out of the clinch, and Islam won’t be able to take the shots that landed on Khabib.

Last edited:
Doesn't matter how old they were lol. Volk was wrecking Yair, going 5 rounds with Islam, and clapping Max's cheeks all within the last 2 years. But then he fights Topuria and all of a sudden he's too old? Lol. Come on, now.

Emmet is still competitive with everyone as well. Had won 5/6 before Topuria whooped him.

And that elite spanish wrestling was on display against Emmet. Emmet's a great wrestler and they were light years apart in skill.
Well kind of "all of a sudden" after Islam kicked his head into the 3rd row a few months before. I'd be pleasantly surprised if Volk ever won another fight.

That kind of the point with Emmett. He was competitive with everyone on his win streak that weren't elite fighters. Got finished by Yair, split decision before that, 29-28 over Dan Ige, was like 40 seconds away from losing to Michael Johnson, and now Emmett is 39 years old and has a 46% TDD and hasn't gotten more than 1 TD himself in a fight since 2016, and nobody went for a TD in his fight with Topuria until the 5th round.

Islam has so many accolades, even being at the top of P4P lists, some saying he is the GOAT and better than Khabib. I can see how they would say that with all of the impressive defenses of his belt against top LW contenders and.... oh wait....

Well kind of "all of a sudden" after Islam kicked his head into the 3rd row a few months before. I'd be pleasantly surprised if Volk ever won another fight.

That kind of the point with Emmett. He was competitive with everyone on his win streak that weren't elite fighters. Got finished by Yair, split decision before that, 29-28 over Dan Ige, was like 40 seconds away from losing to Michael Johnson, and now Emmett is 39 years old and has a 46% TDD and hasn't gotten more than 1 TD himself in a fight since 2016, and nobody went for a TD in his fight with Topuria until the 5th round.

Volk lost because Topuria was just better. It's not like Volk looked slow in there or that Top landed some lucky punch. He took him apart with feints and pressure. Volk was biting on everything right before the KO.

And as for Emmett, Yair is still dangerous as shit despite his recent losses. Nothing wrong with a split to Kattar, and Ige is a good win.

Emmet's 46% TDD, you're right, but it's not like heaps of people are taking him down or even really trying. You mention he hasn't gotten more than 1 in a fight since 2016, but up until Topuria, he'd been taken down just twice since 2016 as well.

Emmet uses his wrestling mostly to keep it on the feet, because he prefers to try and use his big power.

Btw, I love that you actually done the research with the stats. I find a lot of posters just guess that shit and hope for the best lol.

Islam only becomes " better" on certain conditions

1. if we see footage of the two where Islam subs khabib

2. Islam Moves to WW ( even for 1 fight)

3. Islam starts Ko'ing opponents

Volk lost because Topuria was just better. It's not like Volk looked slow in there or that Top landed some lucky punch. He took him apart with feints and pressure. Volk was biting on everything right before the KO.

And as for Emmett, Yair is still dangerous as shit despite his recent losses. Nothing wrong with a split to Kattar, and Ige is a good win.

Emmet's 46% TDD, you're right, but it's not like heaps of people are taking him down or even really trying. You mention he hasn't gotten more than 1 in a fight since 2016, but up until Topuria, he'd been taken down just twice since 2016 as well.

Emmet uses his wrestling mostly to keep it on the feet, because he prefers to try and use his big power.

Btw, I love that you actually done the research with the stats. I find a lot of posters just guess that shit and hope for the best lol.
Meh, we'll see if/when he fights Max, who also has a lot of mileage, but has at least still looked good his last few times out.

I thought Volk did look slower than his previous fight, and also looked pretty timid after getting KO'd by Islam. He was doing a decent job marking up Topuria and outlanding him by a pretty solid margin, but even the commentary team mentioned while he was still winning that he was throwing just 1 or 2 strikes then backing up with his chin in the air, and Volk usually doesn't back up much at all.

Then of course when it did end, dude threw a jab from way out of range and then backed straight into the fence while Ilia threw 5 strikes and he didn't throw back or try to smother or change levels, then finally tried to grab a clinch from a full arm length away standing straight up.

giphy-downsized-large.gif

Meh, we'll see if/when he fights Max, who also has a lot of mileage, but has at least still looked good his last few times out.

I thought Volk did look slower than his previous fight, and also looked pretty timid after getting KO'd by Islam. He was doing a decent job marking up Topuria and outlanding him by a pretty solid margin, but even the commentary team mentioned while he was still winning that he was throwing just 1 or 2 strikes then backing up with his chin in the air, and Volk usually doesn't back up much at all.

Then of course when it did end, dude threw a jab from way out of range and then backed straight into the fence while Ilia threw 5 strikes and he didn't throw back or try to smother or change levels, then finally tried to grab a clinch from a full arm length away standing straight up.

giphy-downsized-large.gif

Volk was timid because he knew the sort of power Topuria has. It wouldn't have made a difference what Islam had done to him. Volk is smart as fuck. There's no way in hell he was going to come in and not try and be super careful against someone like Topuria. Honetly, he probably would have worn Top down and been dominant in the late rounds if Topuria hadn't been just too good.

Volk was definitely outlanding Top, but there's more to the fight than just that. Top was focusing way more on feints and controlled pressure up until the end. He was working towards that KO. Before that sequence int he gif, Top already had Volk starting to make little mistakes.

He was also doing more damage with whatever he was landing compared to Volk. Like, Volk landed a heap of leg kicks early. Then Topuria landed 1 and it was immediately clear he'd done more damage with just his 1 than Volk had done. It was a similar situation with the head strikes.

And as for that finish, it's difficult to smother someone when they start at you low like that, and it takes away the level change. The little clinch attempt at the end was just a result of him already taking 3 hard shots and being put completely out of position and rhythm, leaving him open for the final KO shot.

modern fandom is so weird. It's not enough to have a favorite, you have to be actively shitting on another fan's favorite and hoping their careers are cut short due to non fighting, sometimes completely invented scenerios.

I think so ya

Khabib was better on the ground, but Islams striking is way better than Khabibs

But its tough to surpass Khabib when your fighting his sloppy seconds

And I doubt Islam plans on defending the belt for 3-5 years where he can test himself against next generation guys

probably a defense against Charles, DP, and possibly Justin or Arman.

Then a superfight before retiring

Islam has already beaten the new generation unless you forgot.

Islam has more power than Khabib
I don't know. It's close. He TKOd Tibau and Volk (we never saw Khabib with a headkick), and he dropped Olivera. But I don't think those shots were any harder or heavier than the one's Khabib dropped Conor with. Khabib hits a lot harder on the ground as well.

But back to my point, which is Khabib is using strikes to get you on the ground and maul you. Islam is actively trying to end fights with strikes. While it may make for a more exciting fight, it's lower percentage, and also riskier, than Khabib's approach and use of strikes.

Does that make sense?

Islam whoops Khabib on the feet, and the grappling cancels out, when has this ever not been the case? Even if Khabib is 10% better in the grappling, so what? It would probably be like Usman and Colby wrestling each other

He may be but he isn't very exciting to watch though

It's very simple, Khabib is much better because he has things that Islam doesn't have and can never train for. The chin and the confidence/mental strength in the cage. Makachev can never have those attributes because you're born with those.

Khabib fought Iaquinta for the belt and then wrestled 3 strikers

Islam fought 40 times knocked down, 10 losses Oliveira for the belt and then fought a featherweight dwarf, who nearly gave him 1 draw

While Jones has 16 title fights

I think he probably is better fighter (most of it is striking) but more boring personality.

Back