who is the most wasted talent in mma history?

Karo Parisyan may have been more successful if he quit smoking.
Kazushi-Sakuraba-training-in-NJPW.jpeg

I get the appeal of Lee for the lore but I feel like his skills are greatly overrated. He took a young Silva to a decision but so did multiple others like Otsuka and that dude went 3/10 in PRIDE. So I don't think Lee fought enough for me to say he would be talked as a "quality" martial artist if it were not for his lore outside of the cage.
Wash your mouth out with soap

Jon Jones

I know you people are going to call me crazy

But between the drugs, alcohol, steroid suspension, and run-ins with the law... it feels like we were deprived of Jones' best... deprived of that final chapter.

It kinda showed in his last 2 fights at LHW... against 2 of the easier names on his resume.

Rampage: he used to have the physicality, then he added the skills but by the time he became complete - and (IMO) the best lhw ever - his body wasn't here anymore.

Pico.

I get that it was hell finding opponents for him but for all his pedigree it feels like he under performed for his career trajectory
pico is 27, is 9-1 in his last 10 fights, and his lone loss in that run is a freak injury. he's doing fine.

Karo Parisyan may have been more successful if he quit smoking.
And pills. I know him in real life, and we hang out once or twice a year. We worked together on a lot of his early no-gi judo system.

He's doing well last time I saw him, last August. His girl is cool and takes care of him, and is a hella good cook.

CM Punk with that look in his eye.

Makes you wonder 'what if he actually trained and took the whole damn thing seriously?'
He was already an old man when he entered the UFC, prime Punk would've been the GOAT

pico is 27, is 9-1 in his last 10 fights, and his lone loss in that run is a freak injury. he's doing fine.
They fucked up trying to rush his career when he had zero fights in MMA. There's a reason Nickal is still facing cans.

Ya Nick Diaz lost some good years and I'm still miffed about it.
I also wish Jon Jones had stayed active at LHW, forget the move to HW.
Khabib had stayed active and not retired early.
I would have enjoyed seeing McGregor active and hungry to fight but money and substance abuse derailed all that.

Last edited:
Back