• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) We may experience a temporary downtime. Thanks for the patience.

Has wmma regressed?

Just hit the ignore button on every retard in this forum and it becomes a much better place

I love how you wasted your time entering a thread about WMMA, which you clearly hate, and then proceeded to get triggered by people just because they like WMMA, and then ended posting more than anyone else lol.

Hilarious stuff.

I'm not a WMMA hater, but, Pennington vs Silva was fucking awful.

If they keep putting up fights like that, calling them title fights and shoving them into main event spots, get rid of em.

I remember sitting, paying, and watching that fight... while the Red Wings and other sports were on and thinking, we're all fools for watching this. There are four dozen better athletes performing on TV right now, for free.

I get that you think that, but you obviously have never seriously trained MMA, or any martial art.

Is it easier to get into the UFC for a woman than it is for a man? Yes, absolutely.

Is it easy? No.

Would someone who doesn't love fighting choose it as a career? Also no.

Thinking that a woman would get into professional cage fighting for the money and fame is completely ridiculous.

Don't make assumptions without knowing who you talking to. I'm ready to bet that I both trained and competed a lot more than you considering how much most sherdoggers tend to actually train and fight. And considering you're a man with 81k comments on this forum, I don't think my sense of smell will let me down here.

Would you say someone like Paige Van Zant loves fighting? Or does she love being in front of cameras? Would she fight without the cameras and social media fame?

You can feel shocked all you want by my comments, the reality is there; not many people care about WMMA, and WMMA is a lot less competitive than male MMA is by quite some margin. If you're a half talented woman with dedication to training you can end up quite high up rather quickly in MMA. Hell you had Ronda Rousey with no striking dominating her division with just Judo lol

Don't make assumptions without knowing who you talking to. I'm ready to bet that I both trained and competed a lot more than you considering how much most sherdoggers tend to actually train and fight.
You would be wrong.

Don't make assumptions without knowing who you talking to.
I didn't. I based it on your opinion that being a professional cage fighter is easy.
Im ready to bet that I both trained and competed a lot more than you considering how much most sherdoggers tend to actually train and fight. And considering you're a man with 81k comments on this forum, I don't think my sense of smell will let me down here.
Now THAT is making assumptions.
Would you say someone like Paige Van Zant loves fighting? Or does she love being in front of cameras? Would she fight without the cameras and social media fame?
Why can't she love both? And at the start of her career she definitely loved fighting.

I enjoy MMA in all of its many and varied forms.

Can't help but notice that instead of providing any support for the claims you went straight to ad hominems. Not a great look TBH.

Dude you can love Wmma all you want, but that other guy is right, it's definitely an inferior product compared to the mens

That's not sexist, it's a fact. Men are way better athletes and better natural fighters. Yes on occasion, the rough tomboy can beat up the local sissy, but that's the exception not the rule

Holly’s last TS was 4.5 years ago. When she was 37. Loads of fighters have gotten TS at that age, and beyond. How could you totally blow such a basic fact? I suspect it’s just you being dishonest. It happens around here a lot, though.

As for the OP.. Ronda and Cyborg were massive one trick ponies. One is a proven ped user that just outmuscles, and punches very hard, while beating up smaller women. The other can’t punch to save her life, against anybody that can actually punch back.

Ronda's entire run at the top was women running into her clinch. WMMA fight IQ was very poor back then, I imagine a lot of gyms weren't taking the women seriously or developing game plans for them. I remember Edmond saying that Ronda operated on instinct in the Octagon. Explains why the Holm and Nunes fights went so poorly, they were seemingly the only ones to gameplan for her and avoid the clinch.

Dude you can love Wmma all you want,
I love MMA, full stop.
but that other guy is right, it's definitely an inferior product compared to the mens
In your opinion
That's not sexist, it's a fact. Men are way better athletes and better natural fighters.
Sure, but that doesn't mean that their fights are inherently better than women. Lost of very athletic and talented fighters have never been in an entertaining fight in their life.
Yes on occasion, the rough tomboy can beat up the local sissy, but that's the exception not the rule
Again, your opinion. And irrelevant.

Don't make assumptions without knowing who you talking to. I'm ready to bet that I both trained and competed a lot more than you considering how much most sherdoggers tend to actually train and fight. And considering you're a man with 81k comments on this forum, I don't think my sense of smell will let me down here.

You can feel shocked all you want by my comments, the reality is there; not many people care about WMMA, and WMMA is a lot less competitive than male MMA is by quite some margin. If you're a half talented woman with dedication to training you can end up quite high up rather quickly in MMA. Hell you had Ronda Rousey with no striking dominating her division with just Judo lol

I bet any top female tennis star could pick up mma pretty fast and likely be a force in wmma, as they are great athletes and the wmma talent pool is shallow

I doubt Djokovic or Alcaraz could be as successful in mma, not even close

I love MMA, full stop.

In your opinion

Sure, but that doesn't mean that their fights are inherently better than women. Lost of very athletic and talented fighters have never been in an entertaining fight in their life.

Again, your opinion. And irrelevant.

So you are telling me on average, that a wmma fight is as exciting as mma?

It's not close and that's not an opinion. On average, the males produce way more drama and skills

I didn't. I based it on your opinion that being a professional cage fighter is easy.

Now THAT is making assumptions.

Why can't she love both? And at the start of her career she definitely loved fighting.

You're twisting my words. Go back to what I originally said about the reason why a woman would want to choose to be a ufc fighter. Never said it's easy to be a professional fighter let alone a male fighter.

Since you're saying I'm wrong with what I'm sensing, then go on prove me wrong. What's your training and competing background? How many years? How many fights? And without bullshitting yourself or me. You assumed I don't train martial arts and started this, let's see what you got :)

I bet any top female tennis star could pick up mma pretty fast and likely be a force in wmma, as they are great athletes and the wmma talent pool is shallow

You're not entirely wrong. Because the talent pool is shallower, raw athleticism is a bigger part of success in WMMA. But how do they feel about getting punched in the face?

Say that to @Ares Black , he's gonna have a heart attack.

So you are telling me on average, that a wmma fight is as exciting as mma?
I think there is a huge variety in both. I will say one thing though, with the notable exception of Namajumas vs Esparza 2, every single one of the worst fights I have ever seen have seen men. And I have seen tens of thousands of fights.
It's not close and that's not an opinion. On average, the males produce way more drama and skills
No, that is very much an opinion

Back