• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) We may experience a temporary downtime. Thanks for the patience.

News Ronda Rousey finally opens up about reason she quit mma

She went to pro-wrestling.

Hard to take this concern too serious.
Literally what I was thinking. So you leave a sport with a high chance of CTE and then you go to scripted athletic performances with possibly more CTE on a regular basis?

I can see the possibility of CTE from Judo as she was doing it intensely from like 5 years old because of her mom.
PFuhAx.gif

Literally what I was thinking. So you leave a sport with a high chance of CTE and then you go to scripted athletic performances with possibly more CTE on a regular basis?
yea but she was booked as a judo heavy. So people couldnt really make her take bumps like that. Grappling w her wasnt something you could win at. Youd have to beat her some other way. So she didnt have to get dropped on her head that much.

Yall dont read, dont watch WWE, literally have no idea what ya talking about regarding JUDO, WWE or MMA.

Ya sound like a bunch of YO YOs

Shut up ya YO YOS

Never got the weird hate the hardcores have for her, her ground game was beautiful to watch and to this day there is still no one in the women's division that comes close.
I don't hate her personally, but it's easy to see why many do. She was about as full of herself as it gets, said some ridiculous things like claiming she could beat Floyd Mayweather or anyone else on the planet in a real fight. But I think worst of all, fans don't forget that she was a poor sport. Her lowest moment was denying Miesha's handshake after a good fight. Then she took both her losses like a child rather than sucking it up and trying to overcome them.

I don't hate her personally, but it's easy to see why many do. She was about as full of herself as it gets, said some ridiculous things like claiming she could Floyd Mayweather or anyone else on the planet in a real fight. But I think worst of all, fans don't forget that she was a poor sport. Her lowest moment was denying Miesha's handshake after a good fight. Then she took both her losses like a child rather than sucking it up and trying to overcome them.
Big deal. People do so much worse shit than her on a daily basis. OH NO A POOR SPORT GET OUT OF TOWN

I'm fairly certain she retired because she got utterly humiliated once she started fighting opponents who knew how to fight.
Eh a little unfair lol Zingano and Tate along others knew how to fight just fine.

Reactions: HHJ
There's probably a whole host of reasons, but the #1 reason is that she got her ass kicked and she had options. Why get your head kicked in for peanuts, when you can walk into a main event at Wrestlemania and make bank?

She would've got lots more concussions if she carried on with her striking, that's for sure. Good for her getting out early and protecting her brain, rather than taking way too damage like most of our favourite fighters.

I can believe her about judo concussions, seeing as she trained and competed at a high level since she was a child (she was already in the Olympics by 17).

WWE might be a concussion risk compared to a normal job, yes, but I don't think it can be argued that it's as bad as what she would've faced training and fighting MMA.

I've always said the day Queen Holly dethroned R3 should be an official Sherdog holiday.

Fuck off. She went into pro wrestling. I can argue you get just as many concussions doing that gig. She wasn't getting knocked out sparring at Edmund's place.

*you a victim.gif*

We need big rondas big book of excuses next, maybe she needs to hire hendricks as a co writer

yea but she was booked as a judo heavy. So people couldnt really make her take bumps like that. Grappling w her wasnt something you could win at. Youd have to beat her some other way. So she didnt have to get dropped on her head that much.
Fair enough but I know wwe wrestlers notch a lot of moves and drop people on their heads or have accidental concussions. If you’re doing that frequently, there’s a high chance of more brain injury. I’ll admit I don’t watch modern wwe though. Looks gay.

What do you guys think? I give it a
<Fedorthumbsdown.gif>

9k5dSMf-1215274429.gif

I guess im dissapointed she didnt mention her main crutch of a partner she could always lean on during her worst moments...
At least people actually acknowledged her bad tendencies caught up to her instead of pretending she became old and awful over night like Fedor fans do.

Back