Media Ilia Topuria Presenting Belt To 80,000+ Spanish Fans Then 51,000 Georgian Fans - Top 3 UFC Draw Already?

Black9

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
This is beginning to be Conor level of draw power? Or possibly more as he pulls 2 countries (Spain/Georgia).
Is he Top 3 already?

GJRMFhSWYAA1le0.jpg

Last edited:
Based on this, I can conclude that he would do very well as a runway model.

Leon could do the same at the start of an Aston Villa match.

Same for Aspinall at whatever football club he's inclined to.

Aren't they also chanting his name or am I making this up?

This is beginning to be Conor level of draw power? Or possibly more as he pulls 2 countries (Spain/Georgia).
Is he Top 3 already?

View attachment 1035843

How much money does the UFC make in Spain and Georgia?

If they can monetize that market, he will be a huge deal.

But those are kinda captive audiences who aren't actually there to see Ilia.

It's not a guarantee just because a native is on the card. A whole market (actually two) for one fighter. Doesn't make sense.

It's not a guarantee just because a native is on the card. A whole market (actually two) for one fighter. Doesn't make sense.

I can't see there being much money from Georgia, even if Merab wins the bantamweight title and there are two Georgian UFC champions.

Spain, maybe, but yeah, if they actually ran a card there they'd need some more Spaniards on there.

But if they made a card Ilia was headlining a PPV in Spain, would it generate any money?

As far as I know though UFC is free on Eurosport in Spain, so there's little chance Ilia is a 'top 3 draw' at this point.

Damn fam pick a side eh is you A-Town crumpin' or is you comin widdem Latino heat vibez? 🤔

That's a good question and I was thinking that to myself. However, then we might also ask how much money does the UFC makes/made in Dagestan/Russia, considering Nurmagomedov's high market value when he was still around. Or how much money do they make in Ireland(of course, there is a big Irish community in the US)? Surely, these home markets are a factor, but much more than that it seems that rivalries and marketable fights and storys, as well as a marketable character (that includes the fighting style) make for big fights. The support of the country where a fighters comes from, seems more like a cherry on top, if at all.

Yeah, people being at a soccer game. Doesn’t automatically make them mma fans, or Topuria fans.

It’s cool and all but you see stuff like this all the time. It doesn’t necessarily mean anything. Except maybe some people know about him now that didn’t know anything about him a couple of months ago.

This proves zero as to whether he is a draw in any country.

UFC is not free in Spain, its in DAZN. There is little culture of paying for stream. Ilia could be a superstar though and make big money in Bernabeu

UFC is not free in Spain, its in DAZN. There is little culture of paying for stream. Ilia could be a superstar though and make big money in Bernabeu

Ah, really? Fair enough, yeah, I read somewhere UFC was on Eurosport until 2026, but I guess that stands corrected!

80k and 51k soccer fans, not ilia topuria fans, no doubt he's popular in both country at the moment but those guys aren't here for him lol, not the first time an mma fighter is invited to do a kick off or first throw at a game
You guys are forgetting the millions watching around the world from the comfort of their homes. This is how stars are born!

Back