Alexander Volkov vs. Jailton Almeida no longer happening on UFC 302

Who Wins?

• Total voters
If Uber Volkov can stop the takedowns then Jailton is getting slept.
Oh most definitely. He couldn't shoot for the TD fast enough after that brief striking exchange he had with Curtis. I don't think he is that comfortable in the stand up, either that or he does not like getting hit.

Volk's grappling has been his primary focus in terms of improvement during camp for the past several years. He is demonstrably harder to bully now that he's put on the extra weight, too. I think he's live here, though by that same token Almeida hopefully learned a thing or two and it's not like Drago hasn't been outgrappled before.

I just made a thread asking what was next for Volkov. I guess he is getting grappled here.

Almeida showed poor fight IQ but if anything his performance in round 1 vs Blaydes showed that he can grapplefuck anyone.

If Volkov uses his reach, jabs and kicks and keeps Kaitlin on the end of his punches , he wins easy
If he gets taken down more than twice he’s toast

Volkov via

Great edit.
Volkov has put more mass on and is a lot more intelligent than guys like Lewis, Jarzinho and Porter. Only person that has subbed him was Aspinall snatching a straight armbar. Jailton isn't Tom. I've got Volkov by TKO.

Wel rounded? Dude doesn't even throw a jab.
yeah it’s weird right, for some reason I thought he was a decent striker. His jumping teep kick is kinda nice. Everything else is very basic.

Volkov has added a massive amount of muscle since the Blaydes fight and outside of the Aspinall fight has kept upright fairly often with some sneaky power and a dominate clinch when guys do engage. At range Volkov should have a big advantage.
Almedia looked like a monster against Blaydes and before the KO he was showing some crisp striking technique with power and he easily controlled the arguable best wrestler at HW... issue is despite Almedia's striking and grappling looking crisp he also fought seemingly scared.

I'm thinking Almedia should have the wrestling and explosiveness to get this fight to the ground and his cardio should be fine but Volkov isn't an easy guy to sub so this fight comes down to if Volkov can make Almedia uncomfortable enough to make another mistake that leads to his demise or will be see the 1st round of Blaydes/Almedia repeat for 3 rounds?

I'm picking Almedia by decision just based on the way he controlled Blaydes.

Almeida is much more explosive than Romanov and Volkov's wrestling is not as good as Blaydes. I have Almeida.

Also, many of you dislike Almeida. Fine. But you have to respect the activity. Matchmakers are always trying to find guys who are willing to fight, and guys always have excuses not to fight. A guy who hops into the ring 3 months from getting knocked out. That's respectable in the modern day.

I thought Almeida was super impressive vs Blaydes in rd1. You guys hate wrestling so much you refuse to see greatness? Who else can take Curtis down like 7 times? In a round? In the end he was supposed to break Blaydes for a sub but wasnt meant to be.

This fight depends on Jailtons head. That was a big ko. Almost need to see him before I know whats left in there

He is going to outwrestle Big Volk for 3 rounds.

That's a big old man to try and get down and keep down, and he's virtually impervious to double legs...

If Jailton comes out just a little bit gunshy, he'll get decked.

I think I favour Volkov anyway.

I'd expect Volkov to have no problems winning every second of the fight. Possibly lose by KO in the final 5 seconds or something.

Almeida is much more explosive than Romanov and Volkov's wrestling is not as good as Blaydes. I have Almeida.

Also, many of you dislike Almeida. Fine. But you have to respect the activity. Matchmakers are always trying to find guys who are willing to fight, and guys always have excuses not to fight. A guy who hops into the ring 3 months from getting knocked out. That's respectable in the modern day.
I hate Almeida's entire style and root for him to lose but massively hespect his schedule and work ethic. Seems to take any fight in front of him, hespect

It's almost like none of you remember Curtis being controlled majority of the first round and you just think about the KO lol.

Back