• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) We may experience a temporary downtime. Thanks for the patience.

International Dumbing down academia to soak in struggling ethnic groups

As long as the aptitude is there, yes.. I’m not quite getting how personality equals gender here.
I'm pointing out people use various non-merit or competency based criteria all the time when picking their doctors.

68YkH6N.png
It doesn't even look like mixed east Asian kids make the cut. I wonder how great the intelligence gap really is between European and East Asian populations.

China already leads the world in scientific breakthroughs though..

Beijing basically holds a monopoly on most fields atm

It's kind of ridiculous to claim that China steals IP while they are pioneers in most fields besides Vaccines and Quantum Computing

It's actually a racist trope that you guys are perpetuating atm.
China has done a good job gas lighting and pushing propaghanda on how advanced they are.

- If China is soo advanced why don't they make the world's most advanced weapon systems?

- Why haven't they fielded a 5th gen fighter that is verified to be on par with the F22 and F35?

- Why can't they come up with indigenously built avionics and engines for their commerical aircraft? They are using American (Honeywell Avionics) and Franco-American engines for their 1st large commerical aircraft (built by State owned COMAC). They had to reverse engineer Russian engines for their domestic fighter aircraft.

- Why did they need French technical expertise to build the Wuhan Institute of Virology?

- Why are they mad at the US for blocking ASML selling them cutting edge lithography machines?

- Why doesn't the world consider Chinese industrial products on par with German, American, Swiss, Japanese products?

Beijing doesn't hold a monopoly on high technology. This is most evident in semiconductors. The world's leading manufacturers of semi conductor manufacturing euipment are Western European, American and Japanese.

- Why did Russia (several years ago) source turbines from Siemens (for Crimea) instead of China? Especially since Russia and its agents had to lie to get access to Siemens tech as the E.U. had a technology embargo on selling equipment destined for Crimea

- Why is China's Maglev system based on Siemens technology? Their HSR tech is heavily based on I.P. theft of European and Japanese technology, and of tech transfer.

- Why did they ripp-off American A.I. technology and trying to pass it off as their own?

Here is a old thread I made on how China stole American A.I. intellectual property and tries to claim it is their doing.

Top Chinese tech company rips off Open A.I. products. Produces hilarious query outputs​

--
To say China is leading, and not acknowledging the massive I.P. theft they engage in, is aiding and abetting Han Chinese supremacism / Nationalism.

When was the last time you heard about an American or German stealing Chinese I.P.?
There is plenty of news of Chinese Americans or recent Chinese immigrants in the West stealing Western I.P.

March 6th 2024

Chinese National residing in California Arrested for theft of Artifical-Intelligence Related Trade Secrets from Google

Last edited:

It's kind of ridiculous to claim that China steals IP while they are pioneers in most fields besides Vaccines and Quantum Computing

Not sure how you figure that.

My point is the balance of the world isn't going to change any time soon, and you say that's a racist trope lol

Doomsday for the West isn't coming.

These days academia has a fraught relationship with reality, so I'm not sure it's going to make much of a difference either way.

A lot of people seem to think universities are bastions of truth and innovation. They're not. They're bastions of the status quo, teaching what powerful people think is convenient to teach to their skilled human cattle. Just like the rest of the education system it churns out individuals with a standardized set of beliefs who are unable to see anything outside of the paradigm they were taught. That's the idea. On top of it, the graduates are convinced they know everything, so you get a bonus dose of arrogance and self-importance not present at the lower levels of education.

I don't know if any of you guys have kids or if you're involved in their educational processes right now but high school, from an academic viewpoint, has advanced quite a bit in terms of STEM education from where it was 20-plus years ago when I graduated. At least it is in western Canada. Calculus, not just the pre-Calc of the 90's, has entered those hallowed halls, along with the rainbow flag crosswalks and gay clubs.

I can't speak for Canada but calculus has always been available at the high-school level here. I'd be pretty shocked if Canadian high schools had no calculus classes in the 90s. There's no way your standard was lower.

Generally speaking, I'm not sold on kids being more advanced today than 20 plus years ago. Teaching methodologies have definitely changed though.

I'm pointing out people use various non-merit or competency based criteria all the time when picking their doctors.
Yes, but they should be able to trust that their degree makes them highly qualified. That’s the point of regulating it.

Yes, but they should be able to trust that their degree makes them highly qualified. That’s the point of regulating it.
Sounds like we should do away with legacy admissions to med school then. Not to mention med school isn't the actual test, it's the boards after and residency. Those are the far harder parts.

China has done a good job gas lighting and pushing propaghanda on how advanced they are.

- If China is soo advanced why don't they make the world's most advanced weapon systems?

- Why haven't they fielded a 5th gen fighter that is verified to be on par with the F22 and F35?

- Why can't they come up with indigenously built avionics and engines for their commerical aircraft? They are using American (Honeywell Avionics) and Franco-American engines for their 1st large commerical aircraft (built by State owned COMAC). They had to reverse engineer Russian engines for their domestic fighter aircraft.

- Why did they need French technical expertise to build the Wuhan Institute of Virology?

- Why are they mad at the US for blocking ASML selling them cutting edge lithography machines?

- Why doesn't the world consider Chinese industrial products on par with German, American, Swiss, Japanese products?

Beijing doesn't hold a monopoly on high technology. This is most evident in semiconductors. The world's leading manufacturers of semi conductor manufacturing euipment are Western European, American and Japanese.

- Why did Russia (several years ago) source turbines from Siemens (for Crimea) instead of China? Especially since Russia and its agents had to lie to get access to Siemens tech as the E.U. had a technology embargo on selling equipment destined for Crimea

- Why is China's Maglev system based on Siemens technology? Their HSR tech is heavily based on I.P. theft of European and Japanese technology, and of tech transfer.

- Why did they ripp-off American A.I. technology and trying to pass it off as their own?

Here is a old thread I made on how China stole American A.I. intellectual property and tries to claim it is their doing.

Top Chinese tech company rips off Open A.I. products. Produces hilarious query outputs​

--
To say China is leading, and not acknowledging the massive I.P. theft they engage in, is aiding and abetting Han Chinese supremacism / Nationalism.

When was the last time you heard about an American or German stealing Chinese I.P.?
There is plenty of news of Chinese Americans or recent Chinese immigrants in the West stealing Western I.P.

March 6th 2024

Chinese National residing in California Arrested for theft of Artifical-Intelligence Related Trade Secrets from Google

no offence but you seem extremely unaware of what is going in China or what they have actually accomplished

I don't know if any of you guys have kids or if you're involved in their educational processes right now but high school, from an academic viewpoint, has advanced quite a bit in terms of STEM education from where it was 20-plus years ago when I graduated. At least it is in western Canada. Calculus, not just the pre-Calc of the 90's, has entered those hallowed halls, along with the rainbow flag crosswalks and gay clubs.

I'm in Onterrible and have a couple kids in school, over here it's about the same or a bit worse. Math is still about the same as it was when I was in high school almost 30 years ago, but science has been dumbed down a bit. The book teaching is about the same but there's fewer lab experiments so we don't get as much experience with the practical application side, which I feel is the part that really cements the stuff we're taught.

University is definitely dumbed down from what I've seen, we no longer have the hardcore weed out classes in 1st year where somewhere between 1/4 and 1/3 of the class gets flunked out.

no offence but you seem extremely unaware of what is going in China or what they have actually accomplished
How many industrial, commercial and military products are they the clear technology leader?

This seems to be happening in every western country.

- I started a thread about it. China dominates in scientific breaktroghts. Even the peds Lebum takes, to be half of the man Sha-king is, are made in China.

I dont get it, people call Russians ogres, when they've been leading the psicology fields for a century also. Or third world contries, when i can go in Peru or Panamá and get advanced stem cells treatments.

Dont forget Italy enginery also.
While american students of today have a hard time defining what a woman is!

Was it common practice to accept a student into medical school when they had poor MCAT scores because they were just so bitchen?

You’re right, I’m sure there is more to what they look at when accepting students, but having good grades should always be a prerequisite.
Nah, I want the surgeon operating on me or my love ones to have a bubbly personality.

- I started a thread about it. China dominates in scientific breaktroghts. Even the peds Lebum takes, to be half of the man Sha-king is, are made in China.

I dont get it, people call Russians ogres, when they've been leading the psicology fields for a century also. Or third world contries, when i can go in Peru or Panamá and get advanced stem cells treatments.

Dont forget Italy enginery also.
While american students of today have a hard time defining what a woman is!
"A congressional estimate in the U.S. placed the cost of Chinese intellectual property theft at 225–600 billion dollars yearly.[12] According to a CNBC survey, 1 in 5 corporations say China has stolen intellectual property within the previous year, while 1 in 3 said it had happened some times during the previous century.[16] In 2020, FBI director Christopher Wray claimed Chinese economic espionage amounted to one of the largest transfers of wealth in human history.[12] According to CBS, Chinese state-actor APT 41 has conducted a cyber operation spanning years, stealing intellectual property worth trillions of dollars from about 30 multinational companies."

giphy.gif

The USA is the only country in the world that accepts this kind of fucking gaslighting

Sounds like we should do away with legacy admissions to med school then. Not to mention med school isn't the actual test, it's the boards after and residency. Those are the far harder parts.
My bunion agrees.

I would imagine Calculus AP courses were around back then

Although prob more engineering centric courses are available now

I would imagine Calculus AP courses were around back then

Although prob more engineering centric courses are available now
Nah, it was known as pre-Calc at my high school and I'm pretty sure that was it. No AP courses at my particular secondary school but lots of meth.

At my kids' high school they have pre-Calc available in Grade 10, Calculus in Grade 11, and "something else that the Korean kids take cuz they're robots" (direct quote from my oldest just now. Whether they were available at other high schools in my area back in the day I don't know, but it's more or less the expectation that kids will take Calculus classes before they head to university these days, compared to the kinda meh attitude of a couple decades ago.

Which is good, cuz Math 100 is one hell of an experience when you've never dealt with Calculus before. Hell, post-secondary anything but gender studies when you've never seen a Calc problem in your life is sketchy on its own!

Bottom line, the creme de la creme of standardized testing, Asian kids, are smarter now than they've ever been in part because the educational system has become a little more refined when it comes to teaching STEM. The creativity department, which is how new things are largely introduced, is another story for many. As for the social nonsense, yeah, I guess it's pretty weak but none of that crap really matters at the end of the day so long as you've been brought up to judge everyone on the basis of their character and personality and commit to doing so.

Science, the study of how things are, is so much more important than the Arts it isn't even funny. Slam poetry is nice and all but I'd rather have a cure for the early-onset Alzheimer's I'm bound to develop.

Man, I'm old.

This is good news
Maybe I can be a science guy now

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
arsalaanx
Back