Crime Guy RNCed on NY subway dies.

According to the Grand Jury witnesses who testified in the Daniel Penny case, here is what happened:

Witnesses describe Jordan Neely taking on a fighting stance while shouting death threats:

- "someone is going to die today"
- he said he "would kill anyone"
- he said he wanted to "take a bullet"
- he was "ready to go to Rikers"
- "ready to do life"

A witness specifically recalled him saying: "I want to hurt people. I want to go to Rikers. I want to go to prison."

The witnesses all testified to being terrified.

Witnesses in Subway Chokehold Case Describe Fears of Death and Violence​

Daniel Penny is paying the price of the colossal failure of hard left Democrat policies.

He did the job law enforcement and the legal system should have done years ago... And Neely would be alive today as well

The DA should offer a plea. The DA doesn't want people killing people on subways like Death Wish wannabe. He clearly wasn't in the right with killing the guy. I don't know why this isn't settled. Give the guy 10 years probation and a suspended sentence of like 7 years and call it a day. The only thing that I think keeps pushing this through is the guy doesn't want a guilty verdict that will be used in a civil trial by the family of the victim.

My only comment on the whole situation is that if someone’s going to apply a chokehold learn how to do it properly. You can’t just keep applying pressure because the subject eventually passes out and dies. You have to back off periodically to let their brain get some oxygen.
Unless of course Yamasaki or Dean are there to ref for you,
It's not as if he knew this crazy bum was gonna show up on the train that day. Some crazy guy threatens you or people around you, you're gonna sit there and say "damn, if only I had trained before this day, that old lady wouldn't be getting punched in the face right now. Oh well, this is my stop"

It's not as if he knew this crazy bum was gonna show up on the train that day. Some crazy guy threatens you or people around you, you're gonna sit there and say "damn, if only I had trained before this day, that old lady wouldn't be getting punched in the face right now. Oh well, this is my stop"
I appreciate your sentiment but you make my point better than I did. If you don't know how to restrain someone effectively using that technique, just punch the fuck in the face until he's unconscious.

I appreciate your sentiment but you make my point better than I did. If you don't know how to restrain someone effectively using that technique, just punch the fuck in the face until he's unconscious.
But using your logic, if I haven't trained to punch properly, I shouldn't be doing that either.

There's always a possibility I punch that useless-waste-of-space bum and he falls, hits his head and bleeds out. You gonna arrest me for manslaughter in that case, too?

But using your logic, if I haven't trained to punch properly, I shouldn't be doing that either.

There's always a possibility I punch that useless-waste-of-space bum and he falls, hits his head and bleeds out. You gonna arrest me for manslaughter in that case, too?
Oh yea for sure.
Question: did you choke him?
Answer: yes
Question: did you mean to kill him?
Answer: no
Well he’s dead now and the fact that he was crazy doesn’t justify you killing him accidentally so yes involuntary manslaughter is appropriate.

Credit for time served three years probation and some public service. Have a nice day.

What he should be doing is suing New York transit authority and Adams for putting him in that position to begin with because of lax security.
I agree it’s frustrating as hell and the world is a better place without that piece of shit but there it is.

Oh yea for sure.
Question: did you choke him?
Answer: yes
Question: did you mean to kill him?
Answer: no
Well he’s dead now and the fact that he was crazy doesn’t justify you killing him accidentally so yes involuntary manslaughter is appropriate.

Credit for time served three years probation and some public service. Have a nice day.
So to be clear, are you saying if I punch the guy and he falls, hits his head on the floor and dies, that's also manslaughter?

Oh, even in self-defense situations (a person to trying to attack me or someone else)?
Well now you’re starting to split hairs and getting into a gray area. A proper and thorough investigation would help determine the legality of your actions due to circumstances.
But in this case the guy was subdued for acting crazy and violent. I don’t believe self-defense was an issue.
And yes he had a history of violence which again falls at the feet of a soft on crime district attorney.

Caps and Sabres bud.
Always good to see ya.

Well now you’re starting to split hairs and getting into a gray area. A proper and thorough investigation would help determine the legality of your actions due to circumstances.
But in this case the guy was subdued for acting crazy and violent. I don’t believe self-defense was an issue.
And yes he had a history of violence which again falls at the feet of a soft on crime district attorney.
{<huh}

The main story of this thread is a self-defense situation (defending other people also counts as self-defense).

But let's say, for argument, it's definitely a self-defense situation, (a) would the punching situation I described be manslaughter and (b) would the choking situation in this Penny case be manslaughter?

The main takeaway from this is to up hold the NYC tradition. "Look the other way and don't get involved ".
That tradition will never die. The "I don't care about shit that don't concern me" lives on in every New Yorker's blood

Non-New Yorkers: "OMG, is that man licking his own shoe?!"
New Yorkers: "I wonder if the bodega will still be open when I get home"

{<huh}

The main story of this thread is a self-defense situation (defending other people also counts as self-defense).

But let's say, for argument, it's definitely a self-defense situation, (a) would the punching situation I described be manslaughter and (b) would the choking situation in this Penny case be manslaughter?
The fact he used deadly force and ended up killing the guy is what’s at issue

Last edited:
The fact he used deadly force and ended up killing the guy os what’s at issue
There are self-defense cases where you can use deadly force and even if the guy dies, it's still self-defense. But I already had an extensive back-and-forth with clueless posters much earlier in this thread. I'm not about to rehash that nonsense, again.

I just want to see how this case ends.

There are self-defense cases where you can use deadly force and even if the guy dies, it's still self-defense. But I already had an extensive back-and-forth with clueless posters much earlier in this thread. I'm not about to rehash that nonsense, again.

I just want to see how this case ends.
I am aware. It will be up to the jury to make the decision of if it were justified.

I would sincerely love to get my hands on the police report and follow up investigations done by detectives in this case.
What I am gathering is that Neely was agitated and volatile and perhaps threatening but had not actually assaulted anyone in this instance.
It makes me wonder why Penny thought it necessary to approach and subdue him with the aid of two other passengers who were never charged with a crime btw.
My opinion is that after Penny was released, due to public outcry from police critics, the spineless district attorney that is Alvin Bragg responded in a political fashion with race being a central factor.
The other thing I find perplexing is that the New York medical examiner ruled it a homicide by neck compression. An ME’s sole job is to determine the cause of death not motive.

Both the New York Times and Washington Post referred to Neely as a black subway performer without mentioning his dire mental dysfunction and voluminous criminal charges and history,

Last edited:
The other thing I find perplexing is that the New York medical examiner ruled it a homicide by neck compression. An ME’s sole job is to determine the cause of death not motive.
Calling it a homicide isn't saying a motive. "Homicide" just means a person killing another person. It's doesn't necessarily mean murder or manslaughter.

If I kill a home invader in self-defense, it's still called "homicide" even though it's justified.

Back