Social Councillor dubs Boston the 'most racist city in the country'

Mejia, an 'Afro-Latina' Dominican immigrant who graduated from Mount Ida College, says they're necessary in Boston because it's the 'most racist city in the country.'
why she isn't trying to fix the Dominican Republic instead of criticizing Boston?

Last edited:
A city with nothing but democrat mayors for 100 years, with a current mayor that hosts explicitly race based staff parties is "the most racist city in the country"?

<mma4>

I can't imagine how empty and sad your life must be, for your skin colour to be the most important thing to you.

How does someone whose ancestors were not American slaves call for reparations?

Maybe it’s worth it to give reparations to African Americans in Boston just to see her face when she doesn’t get any because she is an immigrant that wasn’t affected by slavery. Choose your progressive demands wording more carefully.

But I was struck by how humble she is as well. No one has ever done more than her-and she has o ly been in the position a short time and she is just kill’n it.

She’s a walking progressive stereotype. She hits all the buzzwords-food desert, birthing person, generational trauma, and I am sure if asked how she came to the conclusion that Boston was the most racist city in the country, she would say it was based upon the “lived experiences” of the constituents. So, someone came up to her and recognized her and told her that some white guy drove by and called her and her grandkids the n word-which clearly places Boston at the top of the racism ladder.

Also, more evidence of the racism is the failing and flailing schools in black communities. But how could you tell? This isn’t just a Boston thing, it’s absolutely everywhere. Aren’t we Schools in black districts are funded by the taxes in that particular area. Black neighborhoods typically are amongst the poorest areas in every city, and in no coincidence, their students are at the bottom in every category, which she will claim is more lived experience and evidence of racism.

I have heard before that Boston is a very arrogant and racist city(I will have to ask my wife, she just got back from there for a training conference.)

I got news for you, councilperson, the poor performance of school children is not due to racism, it’s because the children are not forced to apply themselves and forced by parental figures to do their homework. If you want to get black school performance up, then do an exchange program where Asian families raise the black children and black families in the ghetto raise the Asian children. The black scores will go way up and the Asian scores will go way down-preventing them from btw hgetting into Harvard in an honest manner rather than the way they actually handled it. Asians are extremely driven to academic whereas, in black ft

The failing test scores for blacks is only partly to blame on bad schools. The brunt of blame, however,
Is on the students and their parents on a cultur level. Inner city black families don’t seem to place a high level of importance on school. The parents have historically not ensured their kids are doing their homework and don’t seem to place a high value on educations Whereas Asians place education as the most important factor in raising children and have so dominated academics that they’re denied college admissions by places like Harvard which is also known as racial discrimination.

Lol….

It is… just not the way you think it is

Insane. Unless we’re talking pot, not reporting children born with fentanyl in their system is perpetuating child abuse.

This stuff is going around. In Philly, where the murder rate is so bad they affectionately call the city “murderdelphia” progressive DA larry krasner refuses to prosecute felons in possession of illegal firearms because it primarily affects black and brown suspects. Do you wanna know what else primarily affects black and brown people-murder by other black/brown suspects

Nobody deserves organic syrup. It's a luxury item. I spent all last week collecting sap and splitting firewood to make it. Yes, I am that Canadian.

Used to help my boy collect sap in Maine to make it.
Its otherworldly when you eat it homemade like that sir....as you know lol

Just ask Dee Brown.

Heck, it's not just a race issue. Many in Boston believe they live in a club, not a city. No matter your race, if you don't have multigenerational roots within eastern Mass, there will be people that will exclude you.

Heaven forbid someone has the ability to correctly pronounce the letter "r". They will stand out and will be looked with suspicion.

Just like in NYC, politely saying “excuse me” as you try to brush past someone standing in the middle of the sidewalk gets you looks or even “what the fuck did he just say!”

I was there a couple weeks ago. I always say excuse me, thank you, and call people sir/ma’am out of respect. Due to crowding, I had to weave to the side and there was a line of men smoking pot on the entrance to a smoke shop. I said excuse me as I walked past them. One of them made sure he put his blunt up and out of the way and I thanked him. Another one, however, made sure he blew a large exhale of pot smoke onto me and my 13 year old son. I gave him a look and he stared back at me-all 5’5” 140 lbs of him. I also thanked him and I am sure if I chose to make a big deal out of his ignorance, it would have been a fair fight and the other six guys wouldn’t have jumped in.

And you’re right about eastern mass. They are snobby and so damn proud of their city and Boston strong and all that(though that pride is due to surviving and thriving after the tsarnaev dicks blew up women and kids), but it is a very exclusive club.

I'm not sure any city is the most racist but in my experience Boston, Philly, and Cleveland make the least effort to hide it.

I was surprised to read that at the very height of slavery in the US 1.8% of Americans owned slaves. With all the talk of reparations etc I was expecting it to be way, way higher.

Just like in NYC, politely saying “excuse me” as you try to brush past someone standing in the middle of the sidewalk gets you looks or even “what the fuck did he just say!”

I was there a couple weeks ago. I always say excuse me, thank you, and call people sir/ma’am out of respect. Due to crowding, I had to weave to the side and there was a line of men smoking pot on the entrance to a smoke shop. I said excuse me as I walked past them. One of them made sure he put his blunt up and out of the way and I thanked him. Another one, however, made sure he blew a large exhale of pot smoke onto me and my 13 year old son. I gave him a look and he stared back at me-all 5’5” 140 lbs of him. I also thanked him and I am sure if I chose to make a big deal out of his ignorance, it would have been a fair fight and the other six guys wouldn’t have jumped in.

And you’re right about eastern mass. They are snobby and so damn proud of their city and Boston strong and all that(though that pride is due to surviving and thriving after the tsarnaev dicks blew up women and kids), but it is a very exclusive club.
They're called Massholes for a reason

My ancestors was doing slave raids in Ukraine and Russia and i'm %35 mongolian so i guess i'm in deep shit

They're called Massholes for a reason

Yeah, I have always liked that. That reason extends into when they travel, they tend to be rude and condescending towards the locals wherever they go, and they are rude and resentful when people from other places go on their turf.

My wife was in Boston last week. I asked her if she ran into any Massholes and she said everyone was really nice, but she never got one block from the hotel where her conference was. She made friends in the group and they went to dinner at the hotel, across the street, but that was it. So the servers and wait staff were nice, at least to her face-but it’s also a pretty face, so who knows.

I'm not sure any city is the most racist but in my experience Boston, Philly, and Cleveland make the least effort to hide it.

Boston being an overly racist city is an old trope. Most people who say that have never been to Boston, or mistake the tendency of people here to tell it like it is as racism. There's just not a lot of pussyfooting around race stuff. The city itself is a melting pot of every ethnicity you can think of.

Nobody deserves organic syrup. It's a luxury item. I spent all last week collecting sap and splitting firewood to make it. Yes, I am that Canadian.
It bugs me the piece kept mentioning syrup. There are actual healthful foods to be had that aren't luxuries.

This is one of those things that you can understand well-meaning people sort of getting behind, but surely there's a better way to address the issue of poor people (regardless of skin colour or ethnicity) not having access to healthy food. Eating poorly all the time contributes to poor academic/work performance, for example, and doing something about that would be a good thing for society in general.

Back