News Jared Cannonier vs. Nassourdine Imavov headlines UFC Fight Night: Louisville on June 8

Who wins?

• Total voters
This is fucking stupid. He's got the best claim to a title shot at the weight class outside of Strickland getting an immediate rematch in a razor thin close decision, yet he's forced to take this fight to stay busy and cash a check. Thanks, Bald Goof, Hunter, Shelby and Maynard.

They messed up with matchmaking imo, should've done Whittaker vs Strickland & Cannonier vs Chimaev instead. But I see why they would prefer Chimaev to face Whittaker, If Chimaev loses they'd rather it be to a fairly popular guy like him than an older guy like Cannonier.

Last edited:
They messed up with matchmaking imo, should've done Whittaker vs Strickland & Cannonier vs Chimaev instead. But I see why they would prefer Chimaev to face Whittaker, If Chimaev loses they'd rather it people to a fairly popular guy like him than a older guy like Cannonier.

They've messed up the match making in almost every division for short sighted fights or names. The UFC has been fucking up for the last year plus or so. The only guy they haven't messed up with at 185 right now is Whittaker.

Izzy vs Dricus is probably next so it's not a bad idea for Jared to stay active. He's 40 and has bills to pay. Big opportunity here for Imavov.

Izzy vs Dricus is probably next so it's not a bad idea for Jared to stay active. He's 40 and has bills to pay. Big opportunity here for Imavov.
"40 and bills to pay" could be a T-Shirt. Sort of like Masvidal's 2 piece and a soda.

holy smokes they're loading up this card if true. would be as stacked as ppv

Cannonier should be fighting in a title eliminator if not fighting for the title already. He's got the most momentum in the top 5.

Remind me. He flopped vs Izzy then beat Vettori who everyone has a win vs besides Costa. 1 win streak. 1 year out the cage

Last edited:
Cannonier will continue to be shafted by the UFC.

How so? He fought for the title two fights ago and laid an egg. Is he supposed to get another title shot after a win over Backwards Shorts? The Strickland split decision was kind of a robbery, maybe they should run that back.

How so? He fought for the title two fights ago and laid an egg. Is he supposed to get another title shot after a win over Backwards Shorts? The Strickland split decision was kind of a robbery, maybe they should run that back.
3 fights ago. He's now got wins over the current #5 and #1. Robbery doesn't matter because he won. Winning gets you the win, that's how it's always been. And even if we were only counting his last win, it's still better than everyone else's last fight.

Sean- Just lost the title on his first defense
Izzy- Lost the title on his first defense after already getting an instant rematch so he shouldn't get another one.
Rob- Lost a number 1 contender fight 2 fights ago, and has since beaten Costa, which is not a better win than Vettori.
Vettori- Just lost to Cannonier.

Brendan Allen would have been a fresh pick if he got the chance to beat Vettori this weekend, but Vettori pulled out, and I think Marvin was gonna win anyway.

Remind me. He flopped vs Izzy then beat Vettori who everyone has a win vs besides Costa. 1 win streak. 1 year out the cagem
He beat Sean Dec '22 and Vettori June '23 and was booked to fight Dolidze Dec '23 for some reason, but tore his MCL. Despite the fact he beat Sean, and beat a top 5 in Vettori after that, Sean was able to leapfrog him by beating fuckin Imavov at LHW, and a debuting Magomedov, one of the worst cases for a title shot in modern history, but was also benefitted by being a) a fresh name & b) a public asshole. The fact that Jared was the only top 5 on a streak and had a win over the new champ, shoulda kinda kept his name up there.

Not a great match-up for Cannonier on-paper. Good chance he loses what momentum he has here, fighting backwards against a stylistically suboptimal opponent whilst coming off a serious injury lay-off... despite being the only dude in the Top 5 with something of a streak going (outside of Dricus, of course).

3 fights ago. He's now got wins over the current #5 and #1. Robbery doesn't matter because he won. Winning gets you the win, that's how it's always been. And even if we were only counting his last win, it's still better than everyone else's last fight.

Izzy- Lost the title on his first defense after already getting an instant rematch so he shouldn't get another one.
Rob- Lost a number 1 contender fight 2 fights ago, and has since beaten Costa, which is not a better win than Vettori.

Brendan Allen would have been a fresh pick if he got the chance to beat Vettori this weekend, but Vettori pulled out, and I think Marvin was gonna win anyway.

Your lack of faith in my boi Allen is noted in the ledger, but other than that absolutely all of this. Cannonier is not some sexy shoo-in for a title fight, but he arguably has more momentum than anyone else in the Top 5.

Your lack of faith in my boi Allen is noted in the ledger, but other than that absolutely all of this. Cannonier is not some sexy shoo-in for a title fight, but he arguably has more momentum than anyone else in the Top 5.
I think being the only top 5 with a streak that included the champion should have been a shoo-in.

My heart was for Allen. I was pulling for him cuz I always like new blood. I'm just jaded enough to see new blood never make it over the hump

3 fights ago. He's now got wins over the current #5 and #1. Robbery doesn't matter because he won. Winning gets you the win, that's how it's always been. And even if we were only counting his last win, it's still better than everyone else's

You have some really dumb opinions, quite a fucking lot. You mention Rob and Izzy, two guys that Jared lost to decisively, then act like he deserves another title shot based on everyone else's last fight.

Rob vs Khamzat - booked
DDP vs Izzy - targeted for UFC 305
Strickland - robbed by both DDP and Cannon, should get a rematch vs winner of DDP/Izzy

Sorry, but Jared is not a priority nowadays.

Cannonier way too low volume
To beat Imavov …. Yes Imavov looked shit against Strickland but it was the constant pressure that threw him off

Imavov should pick apart cannon all day … and he’s never been chinned so it’s not like he might get one punched

Imavov is turning the page and will win one sidedly and get himself in the picture

Back