Rumored Paulo Costa vs Jared Cannonier about to go down in June

forgot about that

Vettori was a punching bag in that

but there has been key fights in Jared's career where he just moves around not doing enough almost like he's gun shy. Been pretty frustrating at times.
Oh no you're certainly right about that. Not denying that but Jared is an extremely dangerous guy when he's on his shit and not second guessing himself.

I like Cannoniers boxing a lot better than Costa's, but age can play a factor, Cannonier is almost 40 FFS, although is seemingly getting better in his old age.
You are forgetting that as a member of Menudo Costa being 32 is equivalent to 67.

Last night, Paulo Costa declared on social media that his next fight will be in June. And according to Bendaman he later pinned a comment mentioning Jared:

This makes sense as two months ago Jared talked about a potential fight with Chimaev, and how a return in June would be the perfect timing for him.
Most likely the UFC will save Chim for a bigger name, while Paulo and Jared both have faced Izzy, Whittaker and Vettori but never eachother.

Also, @BoxerMaurits said earlier this week that he heard this match-up was in the works. So I think it's safe to say that it's about to get official!

Your thoughts on the fight?

i'd rather he rerun in it with strickland or something. it feels like there are a lot of fighters in no mans land in the middleweight division like they are all terribly close in skill level at the top and its a coin flip between them all.

Paulo needs to fight down, not up. I'm going to be vexed if this fight actually does happen. Jared should not be getting Costa at all. Should be Khamzat or DDP.

All he did was throw in his fight with Vettori. Did you miss that fight?

By this logic Izzy shouldn't be fighting for a title either then and should have to win us back too. His performance against Strickland was way more ass than Jared's against him.
He shouldn’t be fighting for a title. Izzy should earn it like the rest of the division

He shouldn’t be fighting for a title. Izzy should earn it like the rest of the division
I agree but politics might say otherwise. As well as DDP being adamant about fighting Izzy in Africa and being a diva about it.

There was a time in 2019 or so when I really wanted to see any iteration of Romero/Gastelum/Costa/ cannonier. Definitely not as interesting now, but I’ll watch for sure. Jared looked extremely sharp last fight but he’s 40 so I expect him to fall off a cliff some time soon. He can probably give costa problems with his jab and we never know where costa is at. Think cannonier would win if I had to pick

Costa needs a step down, one easy fights before fighting killers again.

Cannonier needs to throw more often. Maybe Costa can bring it out of him.

??
Cannonier shattered the middleweight striking record in his last fight (241 sig strikes).

Meh. I see this as probably a slow paced fight where they try to recreate the magic of Romero-Costa. But I kinda hate it. Jared might only have 1-2 top flight performances left and I wanted to see him in a real spectacle fight against Khamzat. It would be awesome and either one winning can get the title shot. Losing wouldn't even look bad on Khamzat (maybe bias)

Costa trolling you all, he isn't fighting.

Source: History

Paulo is just a weird fighter, he has several good abilities but a bunch of bad ones too. He is about as good as Vettori, and Vettori beat him.

Haha, must be the right amount of RIZZ 😂

Btw. The Forum is unbearable to use on mobile with all the adds and site reloads. Hope something can be done about that.

I use the Brave browser on my mobile for Sherdog. Never have had an ad again. Firefox with the adblock plus add-on works too on mobile.

Back