WMMA Discussion #29

ufc picks this week:
- nora cornolle w the speed advantage over mullins
- calvillo to hold down rodriguez for 3 rounds
- am hoping gdr and dumont put on a banger (pls) gdr by ud

pfl looks great too, will check that out

I’ve literally seen these excuses myself. People have been saying Manon looks like a man all week.
One or two randos say that about half the roster. One or two randos say x is on steroids always.

Point I was making that fake is when you attribute that to a larger group to tear it down is a joke and you see threads of it everyday in the heavies which is where these types of fake news belongs.

One or two randos say that about half the roster. One or two randos say x is on steroids always.

Point I was making that fake is when you attribute that to a larger group to tear it down is a joke and you see threads of it everyday in the heavies which is where these types of fake news belongs.
It wasn’t “one or two randos.” It was all over social media. Got to a point where one woman made a post quoting one of them saying “can’t a bitch just be ugly?” <lol>

Don’t remember anyone posting anything previous, so… congrats Roxy!

Calvillo vs Rodriguez is off. I guess with both bantams in a fight missing weight, it’s basically a mulligan

IMG_8172.jpeg

Anybody watch last night? Came in late on the First Ladies fight, but couldn’t really be bothered with the rest. The results were predictable.

The Euro flyweight tournament is starting to fill up
IMG_8171.jpeg
Dryer is the one to watch for so far, but my money is on PFL pushing Luxton hard.

The ceo of Black Combat gives every fighter a nickname. Majin Buu is beyond hilarious, and fitting, for this girl

Last edited:
I think it was after she lost to Loopy. But that was the last fight before this failed one?

Now I am confused. Was it an actual release or did the twitterbots just notice her being "gone" from the websites?

Patti Lee? Boy that takes me back. She was in the Hook’n’Shoot/Bodog single night tournament all the way back in 2007! Has only fought sparsely since then

I think it was after she lost to Loopy. But that was the last fight before this failed one?

Now I am confused. Was it an actual release or did the twitterbots just notice her being "gone" from the websites?
Those boys only keep track of a fighter when they’re removed from rankings eligibility

Mullins’ striking defense has been shown to be particularly poor in her last 3 fights. It finally really caught up to her tonight. I’m sure the bad weight cut & camp change didn’t help. Cornolle throws hard, and she’s fast for women’s bantamweight. She has a tendency to allow herself to be backed into the fence so she can have clinch exchanges, which will undoubtedly cost her against the wrong opponent. It was a cool finishing sequence, & Cornolle impressed as I thought Mullins had it.

GDR is by far the best striker to ever compete in the UFC at 135 pounds. Unfortunately she’s never quite learned to wrestle. I hope she doesn’t retire but it seems close. Norma is skilled but has no killer instinct & will accept a boring fight if it means winning. She made 136 & didn’t look that drained. I suppose that and the win matter most.

I’d probably go Norma/Irene, Ketlen/Macy, Mayra/GDR if she still wants to fight at the top end of WBW. Cornolle vs Zheleznyakova sounds fun to me.

Finally got around to the cornolle fight she really put a beating on her to the stoppage. I was surprised for a minute tht wasn't a POTN till I saw she missed weight.
She should be ranked now but I will bet anything GDR coming back and losing ranks higher than beating #15 to the media. Still I'd love to see cornolle get rewarded with a standup opponent now after two women who were desperate to lay and pray likes of Nunes, Rosa and Kainzad.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JonSable
Back