Pre-fight Discussion UFC 296: Edwards vs. Covington Sat. Dec. 16 Early prelims 6:30pm ET ESPN+, Main card PPV 10pm ET

Planning to watch

• All of it

• Most of it

• Some of it

Results are only viewable after voting.

Preview: UFC 296 ‘Edwards vs. Covington’​

Edwards vs. Covington​

FacebookTwitterReddit0Email

TOM FEELY DEC 14, 2023 1 COMMENT

The Ultimate Fighting Championship typically tries to end the year on a high note, and the promotion certainly seems to have come through with UFC 296 on Saturday at T-Mobile Arena in Las Vegas. This looks like a stacked card on paper and represents a big night for the welterweight division. Beyond a main event that sees Leon Edwards defend his title against Colby Covington, a top rising contender looks for a breakthrough win at 170 pounds, as Shavkat Rakhmonov meets Stephen Thompson in a pivotal three-round showcase. Elsewhere, Alexandre Pantoja’s flyweight title defense against Brandon Royval should provide plenty of action in the co-headliner, and while Paddy Pimblett’s lightweight affair against Tony Ferguson inspires a bit of cynicism in terms of matchmaking, it should at least have an electric atmosphere as a backdrop.

Now to the UFC 296 “Edwards vs. Covington” preview: https://www.sherdog.com/news/articles/1/Preview-UFC-296-Edwards-vs-Covington-192028

Illness Ejects Randy Brown From UFC 296 Matchup Against Muslim Salikhov​

FacebookTwitterReddit0Email
JAY PETTRY DEC 14, 2023 COMMENTS

Some sort of flu wave seems to be washing over the fighter hotel in Las Vegas this week.

On Wednesday, Ian Garry was forced out of his pairing with Vicente Luque due to a flu illness that developed into pneumonia. Another welterweight matchup from UFC 296 is off the table due to a similar situation. First reported by MMA Mania, Randy Brown (17-5) succumbed to the flu that put him in the hospital. As a result, he has withdrawn from his battle with Muslim Salikhov (19-4) on Saturday.

much more here: https://www.sherdog.com/news/news/I...FC-296-Matchup-Against-Muslim-Salikhov-192038

My bad. Thanks for spotting it. The espn web site gives me the times via my time zone and I forgot to adjust it to ET. I think i've got it correct now in the thread header.

Enjoy the fights!

No worries, understandable mistake. Just didn't want anyone screwing up their Saturday

Not quite sure but I'm recalling @Arqueto also made an updated version of this AV with green mistletoes on the sides. Or maybe I'm just trippin' :D

I think I just added some snow bud. This is the only one I have.

05LTF9P.gif

That's from 3 years ago.

Back