• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Crime Texas: Two fat hillbillies kill a Father over garbage

The father was found guilty and sentenced to 14 years, son was found not guilty

I can see the logic to that.

This video is nuts. America's relationship with guns is crazy.

The idea that you can "stand your ground" and murder someone in an alley over a stupid neighbourbood dispute. Some of the posts in this thread defending the shooters are really fuckin weird. Like, yeah, you've got a right to defend yourself for sure, but that's like last resort. Even though the guy with the bat was being aggressive and threatening, the shirtless fatties could have easily de escalated the situation, walked away.

It's like some people don't see a difference between "defend myself if I am actually in real danger" vs "kill someone because they were being a prick and happened to meet the technicality of saying something threatening."

I'm glad he was found guilty. I was worried he'd be off the hook

It's like some people don't see a difference between "defend myself if I am actually in real danger" vs "kill someone because they were being a prick and happened to meet the technicality of saying something threatening."

Yeah, we are pretty obsessed with this in particular

News story: https://www.washingtonpost.com/crim...over-mattress-man-said-then-he-was-shot-dead/

This takes the cake. this is the most senseless, unnecessary death you will see. Everyone involved was an idiot. The man that was shot appeared to pull out a baseball bat after screaming at the armed hillbillies, you can tell because in the full video he throws the baseball bat after the two pistol shots.

In a way it's hard to not say it was self defense...the guy drew a baseball bat and said he would kill them.

Anyways I am using this to soap box on gun owners. It is very obvious to me that some gun owners think that buying some 300$ EC9 or mossberg shockwave that they are now powerful. This is merely an observation of mine. I have bought 10+ guns in the last year, I am around gun nuts all the time because shooting is fun. I am just observing this commonality in the community. One of my friends texted me "I feel so powerful" after he bought his first ar15. I was disturbed because even if he was joking that isn't something I would even think to say because it's weird as fuck.

This video in particular has kind of fucked me up. Last week I was walking my dog and some lady on the path started ordering me off the path because my dog was "going to attack her". She was crazy. I just ignored her because why would I entertain that? Ego. I should have just complied.

Instead I just ignored her and held my dog's leash tighter. When I was within 10 feet or so she bladed her stance and put her hand on her hip like she was about to draw on me. All I said to her was "you are not about to shoot my dog". She did not do anything, because obviously she was just trying to intimidate me to do what she wanted. I can't help but feel like she thought the fact that she was armed meant she could get me to do what she wanted.

In the video you hear the now deceased man ordering the two fat fucks what to do, "go back inside and put the gun away" when he himself could have done the exact same thing.

I understand why gun owners are viewed so negatively now.
images

What exactly makes someone a gun nut?

I own 6 guns, each with a specific purpose...
3 for small game(12ga, 20ga and a 4.10)
2 for larger game(30.06, 12ga slug gun)
1 for self defense (9mm)
Does that make me a gun nut?

I've been thinking of getting an AR or AK, just because they are so fun to shoot at the range.

Also, reported for not using Lego pics

What a waste of life. The deceased, the shooter and their surviving family. Are they still neighbors too? I don't even know what the argument was about. Dumpster versus bulk pickup?

"But I tell you, do not resist an evil person. If anyone slaps you on the right cheek, turn to them the other cheek also. And if anyone wants to sue you and take your shirt, hand over your coat as well."

Last edited:

1 for self defense (9mm)

I've been thinking of getting an AR or AK, just because they are so fun to shoot at the range.

Get an AR chambered in .22 if all you want to do is plink with it. 5.56 is a dollar per round right now.

1 for self defense (9mm)

- I'm not against owning guns. But i quoted the guy saying he feel powerful. I'm also economic sized. so i need a bigger gun that you!

What a waste of life. The deceased, the shooter and tgeir surviving family. Are they still neighbors too? I don't even know what the argument was about. Dumpster versus bulk pickup?

"But I tell you, do not resist an evil person. If anyone slaps you on the right cheek, turn to them the other cheek also. And if anyone wants to sue you and take your shirt, hand over your coat as well."

- I dont know the shoes that other people walk. Maybe they have a stressful life? Maybe those guys are the proof that should be a better control in who get acess to guns?

Last edited:

The idea that you can "stand your ground" and murder someone in an alley over a stupid neighbourbood dispute. Some of the posts in this thread defending the shooters are really fuckin weird. Like, yeah, you've got a right to defend yourself for sure, but that's like last resort. Even though the guy with the bat was being aggressive and threatening, the shirtless fatties could have easily de escalated the situation, walked away.

I think the son should be in jail too.

Bats are a deadly weapon. America is just a bunch of crazy self centered assholes. You put it all on the two dumb hillbillies but what about the lunatic that said he would kill them and then went at them while they were holding guns. You have to be a real maniac to go at people who have guns. The guy could have gotten back in his vehicle and left instead he kept going. He was a bully that you can see was used to imposing his will on others. He met his match that day in two crazy hillbillies.

Bats are a deadly weapon. America is just a bunch of crazy self centered assholes. You put it all on the two dumb hillbillies but what about the lunatic that said he would kill them and then went at them while they were holding guns. You have to be a real maniac to go at people who have guns. The guy could have gotten back in his vehicle and left instead he kept going. He was a bully that you can see was used to imposing his will on others. He met his match that day in two crazy hillbillies.

You will get no argument from me about the guy with a bat being a total asshole, and making a terrible decision to push it in front of two guys holding guns. He was being aggressive, uttering threats and acting like an asshole. Agreed. That does not mean he should be murdered in an alley in front of his family.

Those guys absolutely had no reason to believe they were in direct danger - the guy was uttering threats and holding a bat, yes. He was guilty of being abusive and was clearly breaking the law. But that is not the standard for whether someone should be able to shoot someone else. Again, you could try and make an argument that he technically did present a clear and present threat to the hillbillies, but I think that argument is pretty silly. They had plenty of options, including backing away with their guns pointed at him, to ensure their safety. They didn't want to do that though because keeping themselves safe clearly wasn't what they were concerned about. They were concerned about coming out on top of this stupid fucking disagreement, even if that meant murdering someone.

This is what I'm talking about - It's absolutely absurd to me to read people say thigns like "he got what he deserved" or "he met his match." - no he didn't man, he was murdered. His behavior was illegal and threatening and unacceptable - but unacceptable does not mean that the person can be eliminated. Meeting his match would be meeting someone else who was threatening and abusive. He "met" some people who were murderous, which is a few notches higher on the bad behavior list than being physically threatening and verbally aggressive

I think the son should be in jail too.

How many shots were fired - and did the son blast him with a shotgun after he went down from the pistol fire?

Now that you mention it, I agree with you. What about multiple shots? like, if this guy was trying to make the argument that he was defending himself from a guy with a bat - once youve shot the guy with the bat and he's laying on the ground, what are you afraid of? he's going to suddenly recover like wolverine and leap across the alley to attack you?

Once he's been incapacitated, surely every bullet after is attempted murder? This would include the son, i would think.

The idea that you can "stand your ground" and murder someone in an alley over a stupid neighbourbood dispute.

He was threatening to kill them with a basebat bat

He had recently been arrested for threatening to kill the mail man.

He was a psycho.

I don't even know what the argument was about. Dumpster versus bulk pickup?

Yep. The guy was throwing furniture in the dumpster which I used to have to deal with before I was a homeowner.

The garbage men refuse to take it and you have to pay a private company to come and haul away the furniture and then the garbage men will come next week and refuse to empty your now overflowing dumpster so you have to hire another private company to come and haul that away.

It costs hundreds of dollars and it's a huge fucking inconvenience for everyone sharing the dumpster with the retard throwing furniture in it. All because he's too stupid, inconsiderate, lazy and cheap to either take it to the dump himself or hire someone to take it for him.

These guys hauled the furniture (iirc it was a mattress) out of the dumpster and put it back on the psycho's property so he could dispose of it properly so he took a a baseball bat and threatened to kill them.

And people are defending the psycho lmao. Good riddance imo.

Nah, nowhere near bad compared to Black dude killing a white kid just because he stepped on his grass

Back