Imagine not liking Poatan Pereira

I didn't like the fact that he used to fight at MW. I don't care if he was able to make weight, I still think it's cheap. The guy's huge (even a big guy like Hill looked small compared to him). Now I like him more, but I'd like him even more if he goes up to HW.

The funny thing about that win is that Izzy would probably be more respected if he never beat Alex at all, than now that he managed to win one, then pretend it's all settled and avoiding another rematch like the plague.

Alex gave him 3 rematches, and Izzy was too dishonorable and cowardly to give him even one, all the while acting like he somehow came out on top lol.
Doesn't help that he got dominanted and lost his title to someone alex walked through. Also doesn't help that alex earn a title shot off a guy izzy couldn't beat in a title shot he didn't earn.

Genuinely fear for their mental health if Ank gets the fight and loses.

to be honest i cant wait. So many people were saying that Hill was a live dog this and that, and that if Izzy could beat Poatan than Hill could too (as if he's comparable to Izzy)

This forum Put the most unproven, undeserving champion in a long long time on a very high pedestal just because he won ONE fight against Glover. You can't always listen to sherdog. most of them just ride the wave and say "oh you're a champ? then you must be elite and 2 fights removed from goat status at all times" It's a bit silly.

I truly believe that Hill is not an Elite LHW. top 10 but not top 5. people will begin spouting that left and right, only now that he's lost. not before, never before.

Seriously wtf, how can someone be a red blooded male and a fan of fighting, then look at this guy and dislike what they see?

The man is a treasure, I'm gonna go as far as to say that he's the greatest thing that's happened to the UFC in this decade, just the gift that keeps on giving.

But there's a bunch of nerds somewhere in their basement praying for someone like Ankalaev to wrestle him to a decision and take his title.

I just can't understand that mentality, in what way would that be better for the sport or for entertainment, or for anyone?

Dude is a straight up superhero, a stone cold killer fighting for the forces of good, God bless that man.
we are in the 'hate era'. most ppl either love someone or they hate them. I dont get it, but it is what it is. Fighters, Artists, Politicians, no one escapes these judgements.

A big part of this comes from social media. Every niche has its place there, and its easier for a hater to go online and find other haters who think the same. They join forces and create a wave of stupidity.

these forums are the perfect example.

As Yoel says..

92001.jpg

Seriously wtf, how can someone be a red blooded male and a fan of fighting, then look at this guy and dislike what they see?

The man is a treasure, I'm gonna go as far as to say that he's the greatest thing that's happened to the UFC in this decade, just the gift that keeps on giving.

But there's a bunch of nerds somewhere in their basement praying for someone like Ankalaev to wrestle him to a decision and take his title.

I just can't understand that mentality, in what way would that be better for the sport or for entertainment, or for anyone?

Dude is a straight up superhero, a stone cold killer fighting for the forces of good, God bless that man.

East vs West my dude

Enjoying your posts lately too <goldie>

It's usually only izzy stans that don't like Alex or those that think he's only where's he's at due to favorable matchups
The favourable match up thing is old. hill has been given just as favourable match ups.

you dont think Alex would go out and Clap walker/crute/santos for a title shot too? Alex had to beat Jan who beat Izzy in both striking and grappling. Alex won that fight and that is a harder fight stylistically than any fight in Hills career.

People like to make this quip about Alex but do not look at his contemporaries. his opponents are fighting the same people. the only real question mark is ankelaev and that's his own fault for going to a draw with Jan, then having the no contest with walker.

I find it odd when grown men idolize another grown man

Admiration is a normal male trait.

Not hating on him at all but it's a fact that he's been fast tracked to both titles and frankly coddled by the UFC who have been feeding him favorable matchups. He came exactly at the right time. Again no hate, he's made the most of those opportunities but I don't understand how you can be an MMA fan and NOT wanna see him fight a well-rounded dude like Ank. Let's be real, what do you actually know about Pereira's ground game? Answer is: nothing. Nobody does. Instead of having that question answered, his fans wanna see him rematch Izzy or go fight Lewis or Tuivasa at HW. Bro why? I really don't get it. If you want kickboxing/MT with 4oz gloves then ONE can cater to your interests and their fighters are absolutely at a higher level in that area. Again that's cool if you wanna see that but I wanna see something more than that

I'm not trying to lash out on you but I'm so tired of this "fast tracked" bullshit. So what if he was "fast tracked"?

He was given the opportunity (because he had history with the champ) and he beat fucking izzy, who looked near invincible against the rest of the MW division. Then he goes to LHW, beats a former champ and beast in Jan (who tried to wrestlefuck him and had a draw with Ankalaev, you know, the one who is supposed to be Pereira's kryptonite), then he beats another beast AND former champ in Jiri, and guess what? Now he made another former world champion look like a damn fool.

Every time he has been "given" an opportunity he took it and made the best out of it. Even when he lost to izzy he was a good sport about it and moved on to do great things, while we all know what izzy has been doing.

At this point the dude could beat aspinall, jon jones and satan himself and idiots will still be like "b-but he was fast tracked...". Pereira himself said he's interested in fighting Ank and we have ZERO reason to believe he won't, from his strength of schedule alone.

So yeah. Come the fuck on now.

I'm not trying to lash out on you but I'm so tired of this "fast tracked" bullshit. So what if he was "fast tracked"?

He was given the opportunity (because he had history with the champ) and he beat fucking izzy, who looked near invincible against the rest of the MW division. Then he goes to LHW, beats a former champ and beast in Jan (who tried to wrestlefuck him and had a draw with Ankalaev, you know, the one who is supposed to be Pereira's kryptonite), then he beats another beast AND former champ in Jiri, and guess what? Now he made another former world champion look like a damn fool.

Every time he has been "given" an opportunity he took it and made the best out of it. Even when he lost to izzy he was a good sport about it and moved on to do great things, while we all know what izzy has been doing.

At this point the dude could beat aspinall, jon jones and satan himself and idiots will still be like "b-but he was fast tracked...". Pereira himself said he's interested in fighting Ank and we have ZERO reason to believe he won't, from his strength of schedule alone.

So yeah. Come the fuck on now.
That's what I said though, but the Izzy "rivalry" is over. When is it time to fight Ank? He said he wants it? Then why is already talking about going up to HW where it's a bunch of fat slob brawlers? We have unanswered questions about Pereira, why do you people not want them answered? Even itt people are seemingly shitting on the idea of the Ank fight, including TS

I like him but he only had interesting matchups for him
I want to see him face someone who has wrestling and ground (du plessis, ankalaev, aspinal)

and also stop acting like the knockout he took against adesanya never happened

I love Poatan, but I can speak for the mentality that this is MMA and not Kickboxing. So I think it would be better for the "sport" part of your take.

Like, no doubt Alex is electric, must-see TV and an absolute KILLER in MMA, but if he wants to be a true defending champ, he should have his ground game tested, and by the best in the division.

Giving fighters easier paths to belt to build stars is one thing, but many believe that the champion should take on the most dangerous challenge.

And Ank's wrestling seems like the most dangerous threat at 205 for Alex.

That's what I said though, but the Izzy "rivalry" is over. When is it time to fight Ank? He said he wants it? Then why is already talking about going up to HW where it's a bunch of fat slob brawlers? We have unanswered questions about Pereira, why do you people not want them answered? Even itt people are seemingly shitting on the idea of the Ank fight, including TS

Are you telling me the guy who shat the bed against Jan is a bigger challenge than Tom fucking Aspinall? Do you really believe he's gonna move up to HW to fight Tai Tuivasa, my dude? Don't delude yourself, he's not running away from some unicorn to fight a fat brawler. It's either Tom or Jones. You know, dudes who could try to wrestlefuck him even harder than Ank AND also have the abilities to send him to the shadow realm?

How will he do against them? You don't want these questions answered? Why can't you understand that those fights are way more thrilling than the guy fighting someone who went to a draw with Jan and beat fucking walker of all people?

Not hating on him at all but it's a fact that he's been fast tracked to both titles and frankly coddled by the UFC who have been feeding him favorable matchups.
This is bulllshit i'll show you why:

Hill got to the vacant belt with wins against fighters all coming off losses. did he have a path of favourable matchups?
Jiri Came straight into the UFC with wins over reyes and ozdemir. both stand up strikers with questionable chins. did he have a paved path of favourable match ups too?

having to fight jan, is harder than anything hill or jiri had to do to get the lhw title fight. Fighting strickland was a legit test. Not sure who you would have had him fight, but the top guys where whittaker and cannonier (both would die)

Yes his journey has been truncaded, but the top guys just happen to be good match ups for him in both divisions

I like Poatan just fine but some of yall act like if you ain't gargling his nuts you ain't a fan. Some of yall just straight fan girls.

Not hating on him at all but it's a fact that he's been fast tracked to both titles and frankly coddled by the UFC who have been feeding him favorable matchups. He came exactly at the right time. Again no hate, he's made the most of those opportunities but I don't understand how you can be an MMA fan and NOT wanna see him fight a well-rounded dude like Ank. Let's be real, what do you actually know about Pereira's ground game? Answer is: nothing. Nobody does. Instead of having that question answered, his fans wanna see him rematch Izzy or go fight Lewis or Tuivasa at HW. Bro why? I really don't get it. If you want kickboxing/MT with 4oz gloves then ONE can cater to your interests and their fighters are absolutely at a higher level in that area. Again that's cool if you wanna see that but I wanna see something more than that

Coddled?

Alex' last 6 fights have been against current, or former, World Champions, all of whom he defeated (splitting one with Izzy).

Also, as far as facing grapplers goes, Alex directly called out Ankalaev, wanting to test himself.

Yes, you are a hater, and a sorry SOB for your perspective.

Alex has breathed new life into the LHW division and into the UFC itself ...

It's an age old story: at some point, when fighterX is coming up, the mma fan goes on an internet forum and goes all in on predicting his loss. FighterX wins and keeps on winning. The mma fan becomes an irrational hater. Let's be honest, we all exhibit this type of pettiness to some degree.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cehuff
Back