Unpopular take: I'd already rank Pereira's resume above Khabib's

I think what made Khabib so special and so highly regarded was his dominance.
Yeah his resume might not be among the best but his performances are mostly flawless. 29 wins without being knocked down or even barely bleeding is pretty remarkable
I wish we saw him fight longer
Khabib will go down as one of the bigger "what ifs" in the sports history.

Dude was an absolute stud; and barely ever lost a round; but only really ever had 4-5 marquis fights (are we including #11 ranked Iaquinta?)

Khabib will go down as one of the bigger "what ifs" in the sports history.

Dude was an absolute stud; and barely ever lost a round; but only really ever had 4-5 marquis fights (are we including #11 ranked Iaquinta?)
I dont have any what ifs about Khabib.

War Khabib.

Undisputed undefeated hall of fame coach of the year. Good enough for me!

Khabib's uniqueness was his dominance such that it was hard to imagine him losing.

Alex still looks beatable. Izzy almost finished him in the first fight, and was saved by the bell, and Izzy won 3 out of the first 4 rounds before getting finished in the 5th.

Izzy knocked him out in 2nd fight.

Jan took him down and held him down for decent portions and went to a very very close decision.

Jiri took him down and held him down for a lot of the 1st round and was landing a lot in round 2 before he got caught.

Khabib never been dropped, seriously wobbled or held down.

In terms of pure resume Khabib not that impressive compared to others.

Alex and Khabib, both fought against strikers only. Alex had the balls to go up but got ko'd by izzy, Alex is muslim too but pretty shitty one. It's hard to pick tbh but Alex is not retired

hard to compare. khabib was more dominant and never really looked beatable other than early on when he fought roided tibau. alex has looked beatable... was losing to izzy before he got the ko, ko'd in 2nd fight, split decision over 40 year old Jan B.

but yeah alex has done what nobody in the ufc has EVER done. win the MW belt and jump to LHW, get the belt, and defend it. he has also defeated 5 former champs (izzy, jan, jiri, strickland, hill). izzy had a 23 fight streak going at MW, jiri had a 13 fight streak at LHW... before running into that left hook

Khabib never got slept in his career

Just like how GSP tapped to strikes Matt Serra

A lot of these guys are on the Mt. Rushmore, but that doesn't make them the GOAT. Until you lose, if you've reached the top, you are the best.

It's crazy that we're even talking about this after just eight UFC fights. I'd hold off on ranking him above Khabib for now, but Pereira is definitely on the right track. So far, Pereira's had arguably the most impressive streak in UFC history.

Big khabib fan here and I agree, what poatan has accomplished in his short MMA tenure is probably the most impressive feat in MMA history.

Remember when Izzy was a god and untouchable and went up in weight and got beaten by Jan. Poatan surprised that and much more.

Izzy and his fans have been on suicide watch since

TS claims aside….

I definitely enjoy watching Poatan fight more from a fan perspective. His UFC run has been meteoric and truly awe inspiring. His level of violence is palpable and that “dim mak” he possesses with his left hook is something that keeps me on the edge of my seat every moment he’s in the cage I need to tape my eyelids open for fear of blinking.

Pereira just took a nut strike, told Herb to fuck off from stopping the fight, then KO'd Hill with his very next punch.

Then in his post-fight interview said he's wants on UFC 301 in 3 weeks to defend again or fight at HW if they can't promote a title defence in time.

All while him and Aspinall keep agreeing to fight each other for Aspinall's interim HW title.

And you've got retards in here talking about Khabib's dominance.

I for one am shocked that the dominant grappler wasn't getting knocked down or cut while being on top of his opponents on the ground.

Truly baffling.
Khabib isn't the only dominant grappler in UFC history. Name me another dominant grappler who's never been knocked down, or cut? The cope around khabib is hilarious lol

Pereira just took a nut strike, told Herb to fuck off from stopping the fight, then KO'd Hill with his very next punch.

Then in his post-fight interview said he's wants on UFC 301 in 3 weeks to defend again or fight at HW if they can't promote a title defence in time.

All while him and Aspinall keep agreeing to fight each other for Aspinall's interim HW title.

And you've got retards in here talking about Khabib's dominance.
Lmao this is hilarious. Maybe you should start a thread with what you just posted instead of obsessing over a fighter that's been retired for nearly half a decade.

That's hating to jab Khabib over the Iaquinta fight, he was a short notice replacement opponent & Khabib didn't even have 2 days to prepare for him. Can't blame him for stuff out of his control.

After that he finished the previous undisputed champion & 2 interim champions, run and tell THAT... homeboy. :eek:
13 fights…

Lmao this is hilarious. Maybe you should start a thread with what you just posted instead of obsessing over a fighter that's been retired for nearly half a decade.
Yes, I'm the obsessed one.

Obsessed with seeing Pereira fight again in 3 weeks.

1192158641_alex-pereira-knocks-out-jamahal-hill-in-round-1-at-ufc-300-credit-xufc_202404.jpg

Khabib isn't the only dominant grappler in UFC history. Name me another dominant grappler who's never been knocked down, or cut? The cope around khabib is hilarious lol
Credit to Khabib and his team being smart enough to never let him become K1 Maia.

Back