Unpopular take: I'd already rank Pereira's resume above Khabib's

Its hard to say how guys like Jiri, Jamahal Hill and Stricklands careers will look currently. They havent really done enough yet to cement themselves in the history of the division. Dustin, McGregor, even Gaethje I'd say have better careers so far.

Poatan also has been gifted favorable stylistic matchups.

He wouldn't even beat Ankalaev (if Ank is smart enough to take it to the ground).
Dustin, Justin, Conor love getting choked out. There were literally ZERO good wrestler in LW when Khabib was fighting. They both lucky for that. But fangirls like you can't see that. Guy struggled against a bum like Tibau then he never fought against any wrestler. Stars was aligned for him

The quality of his wins is simply higher, he's finished his opponents at a higher rate and he's always ready to fight while Khabib was extremely protective of his 0.
1. I'm a fan of both. And I can see where you're coming from, and there's a certain perspective where I might agree with you.
2. At the same time, I'm also one of those who will un-ashamedly argue for Khabib as GOAT, as dominance is a metric that's very high up in my book.

I'd like to think that point 1 and point 2 are not contradictory of each other, as weird as that sounds. I mean it's not unconceivable that a fight fan (in this case, me) considers Khabib as arguably (keyword is "arguably") the GOAT by putting high emphasis on the "dominance" factor, while also accepting that there may be dozens of fighters (when all's said and done, I mean) who have better resume than Khabib.

Who was Khabib going to run into over the next 2 years that you would honestly favour over him? Who at LW right now do you favour over Khabib?
We don't live in a could've would've world. You need to look at the reality, you can't say he would've defend his title 52 times, that's a dumb fangirl mentality. And you are talking about LW while Alex had the balls, courage, heart to go up to LHW.
Retiring reason doesn't matter either, he could've had career ending injury or he could've stopped by jealous christian to stop his greatness! What matters is he retired with a short af career and we don't look at guys religion to see if he is good or not, we look at the facts

1. I'm a fan of both. And I can see where you're coming from, and there's a certain perspective where I might agree with you.
2. At the same time, I'm also one of those who will un-ashamedly argue for Khabib as GOAT, as dominance is a metric that's very high up in my book.

I'd like to think that point 1 and point 2 are not contradictory of each other, as weird as that sounds. I mean it's not unconceivable that a fight fan (in this case, me) considers Khabib as arguably (keyword is "arguably") the GOAT by putting high emphasis on the "dominance" factor, while also accepting that there may be dozens of fighters (when all's said and done, I mean) who have better resume than Khabib.
Dominance metric doesn't matter when your career is shorter than a cat dick. It's huge disrespect to the guys who gave long years to the sport. Alex's career is short af too so they are not that different, one never lost and the other got KO'd but had the balls to go up. But Alex still fighting so who knows

I think Alex has more impressive wins than Khabib, thats for sure.

Anyone with a KO win over Izzy in MMA is a chad.

Khabib's best wins are DP/JG/Conor back to back. Olivera has done the same thing minus Conor, but add in Chandler.

We don't live in a could've would've world. You need to look at the reality, you can't say he would've defend his title 52 times, that's a dumb fangirl mentality. And you are talking about LW while Alex had the balls, courage, heart to go up to LHW.
Retiring reason doesn't matter either, he could've had career ending injury or he could've stopped by jealous christian to stop his greatness! What matters is he retired with a short af career and we don't look at guys religion to see if he is good or not, we look at the facts

The guy (Khabib) never even thought about fighting at a different weight class.

Dominance metric doesn't matter when your career is shorter than a cat dick. It's huge disrespect to the guys who gave long years to the sport. Alex's career is short af too so they are not that different, one never lost and the other got KO'd but had the balls to go up. But Alex still fighting so who knows
Alex is doing more in less time. He's already secured two belts, sure he's not as well rounded as Khabib is in skills, but his resume is starting too look more impressive as the months go by.

I respect your point above.

And in your previous post, you said that it's unrealistic to talk about Khabib being able to hypothetically defend 20 more times if he had stayed. To that point, I agree with you too.

Still, though, I feel that going 13-0 in the best org in the world means something substantial and isn't some ridiculous short career like, for example, going 5-0 in the UFC, winning the belt and retiring immediately after.

(meaning that i'm gonna discount his first 16 wins and treat them as non-existent, and go with the usual detractor's narrative that the first 16 wins are cans -- which I don't really agree with but yea. So i'm literally treating his whole career as purely 13-0 with 3 defenses)

But to stay on topic, which of the two fighters would you pick as having the better resume right now? If you really had to pick one. I know these are all hypotheticals but assume Alex's career ends after winning Jamahal.

Izzy is a better win than anyone on Khabib's resume, true enough, but the rest? Hell no

I like both fighters. However, Alex competes in two of the most shallow UFC divisions which are filled with mid-tier guys who are either not well-rounded whatsoever, or are just average to below average at everything. Khabib competed in arguably the most competitive UFC division.

It's not really about how excellent Pereira has fought.

It's simply how few significant wins khabib actually has on his resume.

1713210923024.gif

This is how I picture Khabib’s nuthuggers when they read that! Hahah

Khabib doesn't have the greatest resume, but it's solid

It's his dominance that makes him truly special. He made guys like Conor, Edson, Dustin, Justin etc look like absolute trash

He's similar to Mike Tyson who also made very good fighters look like absolute bums

Khabib doesn't have the longevity or top quality wins to be the goat, but he arguably is the most dominant fighter ever and to shit on him, is to shit all over his opponents

Max and Justin are warriors, that was awesome the other night. However a prime Khabib would smash both on the same night. Don't even get me started on oliviera lol

Anyway, khabib is done, it is Islam you guys Need to worry about and he also could beat all 4 of the guys from the other night. Already holds wins over 2 of them

Khabib was a monster and haters will never see him bleed, so they will live their lives praying for islam to fall

Lol

Pereira EASILY.

Khabib's wins look worse and worse over time.

Back